• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central's new coach?
Anyone heard anything?
Tommy McKensie
Redneck Wrote:Tommy McKensie

best man for the job
:thumpsup: Coach McKenzie is the most sensible choice if they want to win.He knows the all the boys and they all know him and what he expects from them.IMO with Starns gone Mckenzie should be a no brainer decision!If they should decide to look else where for a coach one has to ask themselves what type of offensive sets and what type of defensive sets are they going to use?Is it going to give them a better chance at winning or not?I say coach McKenzie should be the head coach at J.C.H.S. He already has a system in place and the team understands and knows their roles in the system,but nobody ever knows what will happen in Johnson Co.!!I say they will have alot of people apply for this position and we all should expect the unexpected!!! GOOD LUCK COACH MCKENZIE!!!!
How about Brian Hall? He was an assistant there for 9 or 10 years.
I'm not a fan of JC basketball, never have been never will be. I do support the football and baseball programs when they aint playin Paintsville. I said Tommy because IMO he is the only one over there that knows anything about basketball. He was a hell of player in his day and it seems the kids respond well to him. Forget how young he is, he knows the game and IMO would get the job done THE RIGHT WAY...
I agree 100%. He is a class act guy. He WILL get the job done.
IMO, there are only 3 logical choices to go into this hornets nest to coach:

Tommy McKenzie: home grown, been there as assistant, deserves a shot if he wants it.
Bart Williams: home grown,turned around Pikeville program, might not leave PHS.
Brian Hall: coached at JC before, well liked, like other two would play exciting style.

JC couldn't go wrong with any of these 3.
Good luck to him.
Redneck Wrote:I'm not a fan of JC basketball, never have been never will be. I do support the football and baseball programs when they aint playin Paintsville. I said Tommy because IMO he is the only one over there that knows anything about basketball. He was a hell of player in his day and it seems the kids respond well to him. Forget how young he is, he knows the game and IMO would get the job done THE RIGHT WAY...

Redneck just curious, how come your a fan of the football and baseball programs but not basketball
Don't count out Phillip Wireman, I hear he could be asked to take over. IMO Tommy is the BEST person for the job, but some still feel he isn't ready and they want Wireman for the boys job. But in all likelyhood he would turn them down once again.
Always thought Trimble revived this program and set the table for Starn's.
Who is the middle school coach heard he was getting talked to as well. But I agree Tommy would be my choice.
I thought Trimble revived that program and set the table for Starn's.
Coach McKenzie would definitely be my choice. He has high school coaching experience, as well as a 15th regional championship as a player and coach under his belt. The boys love him and respond well to him. Which middle school coach are you referring to?
cooter Wrote:I thought Trimble revived that program and set the table for Starn's.
I agree. Trimble built a solid and consistent program in his short stint. Maybe the JC fans will come to appreciate what he did there. IMO the team Starn's took to the sweet 16 was built by Coach Trimble. Starn's early exit will inevitably hurt the program in the near future.
ducky Wrote:I agree. Trimble built a solid and consistent program in his short stint. Maybe the JC fans will come to appreciate what he did there. IMO the team Starn's took to the sweet 16 was built by Coach Trimble. Starn's early exit will inevitably hurt the program in the near future.

:lmao: Smile
JC would be stupid to not to hire Tommy while the opportunity is there. If they pass on him now, he may take another coachin job somewhere else if given the chance. Just somethin to think about if you're a JC admin or athletic dir.
20/20 Wrote::lmao: Smile

You call yourself 20/20. If you can't SEE what was left for Starn's to work with then change your username because you are a blind man!!!:lmao:
cooter Wrote:You call yourself 20/20. If you can't SEE what was left for Starn's to work with then change your username because you are a blind man!!!:lmao:

This is not the NBA cooter! These players were already there and Starns came in and put his foot down and got the players to respond for ONE year. HIS players. What was Starns left to work with? If I am not mistaken Jamie was the only full time starter that returned the year he took over. I think Hatfield, Stapleton, and Music all graduated. I think the fifth starter rotated all year with Rice finally starting towards the end. I am not taking up for Starns nor am I embracing the great job you guys said Trimble did. In my opinion Trimble had no discipline and Starns went to the extreme. At that age, kids need to have discipline but also have fun while playing the game. JC needs some one in the middle. I believe you need to go get some advice from Uncle Jesse before you post something else that makes no sense. I see things how they are not one sided as you do.Cool
20/20 Wrote:This is not the NBA cooter! These players were already there and Starns came in and put his foot down and got the players to respond for ONE year. HIS players. What was Starns left to work with? If I am not mistaken Jamie was the only full time starter that returned the year he took over. I think Hatfield, Stapleton, and Music all graduated. I think the fifth starter rotated all year with Rice finally starting towards the end. I am not taking up for Starns nor am I embracing the great job you guys said Trimble did. In my opinion Trimble had no discipline and Starns went to the extreme. At that age, kids need to have discipline but also have fun while playing the game. JC needs some one in the middle. I believe you need to go get some advice from Uncle Jesse before you post something else that makes no sense. I see things how they are not one sided as you do.Cool
This makes a lot of sense. Good Post!!!
Starn's had alot of discipline this season didn't he guys...lol.He couldn't discipline himself.(remember he quit during the year) It's called common sense and Starn's had none. Starn's would have been in trouble if he would have stayed around. He can't build a program and will struggle to maintain any type of cohesiveness wherever he lands. Those kids that played for him the year they won the region didn't know him and played for the love of playing. Alot of talent on that team and they played because Trimble kept them involved in the program and made it exciting . I'm not embracing anyone on here either but I do see coaches for what they can do and Coach Trimble kept the program strong during his tenure. Sometimes keeping kids involved in your program is half the battle and disciplinary issues will always be touchy in all programs. Hell, Bill Mike had all five starters plus two bench players get at least one technical this season. Does he have discipline problems??? Hell Yes I say.
I'll end with this, Starn's returned several key players from a state tournament team and what happened?? They didn't respond to this guy. End of Story!!
I'm with cooter. I thought Trimble was a better coach than Starnes. Trimble have never won a region, but look at the competition in the region every year he coached. There were 4-5 different teams that coulda won it. JC won it in 2006 because they were the best team comin in, they were solid at every position and had two of the best post players in the region.
You guys in Johnson County crack me up. Keep running off your coaches. Mckenzie will be the next victim. I guess his discipline..no ,no...it could be his defensive schemes..or maybe his game coaching or could it be his practice planning..no, no, it's his lack of wins or a board member doesn't like him. You guys will figure out some label for this guy. Then he's GONE!!!Smile Good luck Mckenzie. Starn's is smarter than most....he got out!!!!
Great Post Ducky
ducky Wrote:You guys in Johnson County crack me up. Keep running off your coaches. Mckenzie will be the next victim. I guess his discipline..no ,no...it could be his defensive schemes..or maybe his game coaching or could it be his practice planning..no, no, it's his lack of wins or a board member doesn't like him. You guys will figure out some label for this guy. Then he's GONE!!!Smile Good luck Mckenzie. Starn's is smarter than most....he got out!!!!

Your dislike for our school system is evident. Just slow down, take a deep breath, and don't worry about who our next coach will be. It will all be okay, I promise.:o
ducky Wrote:You guys in Johnson County crack me up. Keep running off your coaches. Mckenzie will be the next victim. I guess his discipline..no ,no...it could be his defensive schemes..or maybe his game coaching or could it be his practice planning..no, no, it's his lack of wins or a board member doesn't like him. You guys will figure out some label for this guy. Then he's GONE!!!Smile Good luck Mckenzie. Starn's is smarter than most....he got out!!!!

Why you would give a crap either way?Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Why you would give a crap either way?Smile
Looking at your posts sounds like you were Starn's number 1 fan. I guess you are really happy with his decision. :thumpsup: Maybe they can revive Coach Rupp and have a parade in town. Smile
ducky Wrote:Looking at your posts sounds like you were Starn's number 1 fan. I guess you are really happy with his decision. :thumpsup: Maybe they can revive Coach Rupp and have a parade in town. Smile
Rupp is 2 disciplined!!!! Wouldn't work. We need a young new coach with TITLE potential. Billy D. changes his mind 2 much, Pitino wouldn't come because Starns will warn him of us (lol), 2 many Tubby haters in this area, and John Pelphrey couldn't because of the whole P-ville thing. I guess we will have to settle with someone like Tommy or Mr. Johnson or Mr. Castle to pull us through. This way if they don't, we can roast them on the internet. We do have to have our priorities straight!
jchsrulz Wrote:Rupp is 2 disciplined!!!! Wouldn't work. We need a young new coach with TITLE potential. Billy D. changes his mind 2 much, Pitino wouldn't come because Starns will warn him of us (lol), 2 many Tubby haters in this area, and John Pelphrey couldn't because of the whole P-ville thing. I guess we will have to settle with someone like Tommy or Mr. Johnson or Mr. Castle to pull us through. This way if they don't, we can roast them on the internet. We do have to have our priorities straight!
That is funny stuff man!!!!
  • 1(current)
  • Next