Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for Powell county football '07
I don't think I'd be getting on here claiming I was the offensive coordinator at Boyle co.
when I wasn't.
TarHeel_Fan15 Wrote:Yes, I agree...There is no doubt in my mind that he coached him up a little bit...What I am saying is that a coach can't give a kid an arm....God gave Tim that rocket that's attached to his body...That can't be taught...If it could every coach would make their QB an NFL prospect....You are 100% right when you say Coach Harris is from Berea but what you probably aren't aware of is that he wears a state championship ring....I'm pretty sure that he was the OC at Boyle County a few years back when they won the state championship...So if you are implying that Coach Harris is a yahoo, you had better do some research on that...I dont think Boyle lets yahoos on their staff:thumpsup:
I agree, Boyle was the best team in the state any class for those years. I would have put them up against any 4A team. BUT, Most teams are always looking for volunteers to come out and help out doing little things. I can asure you he was never ever the offensive coordinator at Boyle.
RIP_28 Wrote:I agree, Boyle was the best team in the state any class for those years. I would have put them up against any 4A team. BUT, Most teams are always looking for volunteers to come out and help out doing little things. I can asure you he was never ever the offensive coordinator at Boyle.

You are correct RIP! :1: You win the debate :argue: . If he had been the Off. Coordinator, wouldn't it make sense to hire him as Head Coach after coach Smith went to UK. I am amazed at what some things are said on this site. People say and truly believe anything!! It is hillarious to read. :popcorn:
RIP_28 Wrote:Ok, Whitaker's teaching had nothing to do with it. HOW DUMB.
If Tim would have had a coach that ran the football and controled the clock Tim would have never been heard of. Whitaker's offense is what enabled Tim to be able to showcase his talents. Whitaker taught Couch how to read coverages. If Couch would have been let's say at BEREA he would never have been taught anything. For every great player, There has been a great teacher. You talk about TALENT, There has been a whole lot of talent in High school football that's sitting at the house right now because they had some YAHOO as a head coach. Tim was a great talent but it took Whitaker to teach him how to use it. Whitaker taught Tim the game, BOTTOM LINE.
ALL KINDS OF TEAMS WITH A TON OF TALENT THAT NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS DUE TO BAD COACHING.

RIP, you are dealing with downtown QB's who don't know what football is about. Throw in the towel for they know more than you :igiveup: . Probably can't tell you the difference in even and odd....Cool
jb05 Wrote:Haha im not even from Jackson County so lets get things straight i was just stating facts and when yall can get a championship ring down there in powell county come holla at me cuz i rock something that 85 percent of the state wants. So gets ya mind right.

My friend you might want to come off the bubble. You are out of line and you have nothing 85% of this state wants with an attitude like you are sporting!! When you want to discuss what really matters, get back and talk in eastern kentucky language.
If he got all these asistants from Danville then he ought to do the right thing and turn it over to them. WHY ON EARTH WOULD THE BOYLE CO.(IMAGINARY) OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND THE(MAKEBELIEVE) Danville asistants be at Jackson co. to begin with??? Berea was the worste team in the entire state the 2 years he was there. Better check resumes and get some references if somebody is claiming to have been an offensive coordinator at Boyle. From Boyle to Berea to Jackson co. What did he do to deserve this(lol) I believe I would have stayed at Boyle as a volunteer with the freshman team.
OK let's get this straight right now...I'm not from Jackson County and had never even heard of them until last year when I saw them play a few times here in the mountains at South Floyd and Allen Central.....I live probably about 3 1/2-4 hours away from there....I had a buddy go down there to coach and when I asked him about Harris he said everyone told him he was at Boyle and said he had a lot to do with their success....Who cares if they were horrible at Berea...Berea will probably never be good....Here is a good example for you...I know that East Ridge had a good coach last year but they still weren't any good...Some times its not the coaching....You can't win without players...GREAT PLAYERS MAKE GREAT COACHES!!!!!!
I could care less about this topic...I'm just being a good friend by taking up for my buddy and his new staff...I just want to see him do well....So I am finished arguing....We'll just see what happens when they play....It doesnt matter what we say....Like I said the players have to do it...None of those coaches who will be there can get out on the field.
wat was the final score of the powell-south floyd scrimmage??
bluegrassballa Wrote:i dont think powell will go 8-2....i think they might go either 6-4 or 7-3....estill an morgan will be a tossup for either side....breathitt an flemng is an immmediate loss....good luck powell.

You cant say that they will be inmmediate losses cause powell has worked there butts off and still r i look for them to go 7-3
bluegrassballa Wrote:wat was the final score of the powell-south floyd scrimmage??
seriously, I lost count.Cool
But what about the 1st year when you all came to berea. If they were the worst team in the state then why did rowan have to return a kick to win the game. Also in that second year i belive you forgot to say that berea's line was no bigger then 185. Plus u have to remeber berea is one of the smallest 1a schools in the state so they didnt do to bad that 1st year.
seriously south floyd didnt even do ne thing different but run a man. a little 8 grade quarterback could go out and complete passes against a man defense. The score was only 28-0 and if they didnt keep respotting the ball south floyd would of scored 2 or 3 touchdown. Powell county cant stop the run they do have a beast at nose guard but what about everybody else on the line. I will say it and dont care powell county is soft and their quarterback hates getting hit. Get in his head and he will be kicked out in the 1st quarter because he likes to fight. If that wouldnt of been a scrimmage they had that qb up in the air and was about to pull a wwe finishing move on him so lets see what happens.
i cant help that eastern kentucky is still living in 1938 and hasnt kept up with the times. Get out a little bit and stop staying stored up in those moutains.
whitaker is a great coach dont take that away from him
First of all let me say that this is the first time I have ever been on a discussion board and I would not be on here now if my players had not called and told me that you were dogging out their coach. I don't know the people saying things on here. I never claimed to be the OC. If you knew anything about football you would know that Chris Pardue was the assistant head coach and OC at Boyle. Did I help with JV yes. However, I was no volunteer. By the way we went 11-1 and won a conference championship. I was also one of only 2 coaches on the headset in the booth Fiday nights..per request of coach pardue...it was my first year and I was proud that he had that much trust in me. I hope you are not a coach because anyone that has coached knows how hard it is, and the time and committment it takes from the whole staff. I will never have a bad thing to say about a coach regardless of wins and losses. I have great respect for all who give up their time and energy to help young kids become better football players and people. I have been an a coach at some level for 20 yrs and for you to put in bold that my kids learned nothing from me at Berea is a slap in the face. I notice you said Berea was the worst team(and it is spelled without an e) for 2 years. You failed to mention that the year before that it took a last minute TD by Rowan to beat Berea and Doug walked over and said he did not deserve to win the game. I can't believe this forum allows people to talk bad about the people in the greatest profession their is. The number at school is 606-287-7155 if you really want to talk to me personally. Just ask for Coach Harris.....and by the way Coach Whitaker is a great coach and his record speaks of it. That gives you no right to judge me or any other coach in the state.
saw Powell and was impressed with the system....the thing that will hurt them will be depth. They do not have a lot of kids...around 20 if you don't count the frosh.....they will be fine as they leran and can stay healthy.
jb05 Wrote:seriously south floyd didnt even do ne thing different but run a man. a little 8 grade quarterback could go out and complete passes against a man defense. The score was only 28-0 and if they didnt keep respotting the ball south floyd would of scored 2 or 3 touchdown. Powell county cant stop the run they do have a beast at nose guard but what about everybody else on the line. I will say it and dont care powell county is soft and their quarterback hates getting hit. Get in his head and he will be kicked out in the 1st quarter because he likes to fight. If that wouldnt of been a scrimmage they had that qb up in the air and was about to pull a wwe finishing move on him so lets see what happens.
Dont make excuses. South Floyd has always ran the ball. Powell has too. But since a coaching change has taken place, they dont look to running the ball as much. Ofcourse a QB doesnt like getting hit, but its part of the game. He will get used to it if he wants to keep winning. One win doesnt mean much right now. But this will be the year for them to turn things around.
RIP_28 Wrote:I don't care if you do have a 6-5 240, Powell has a 6-3 330. Match big Elam up against him any day.
We'll see come first game.

Elam, is he #72? If he is then I recall him being lazy and sluggish last year. Powell county is continuing to do what they've been good at for the past 4-5 years, and that is talkin' trash and pumpin' up the hype. One day I hope they learn there lesson. And Rip, thought you were coaching at Montgomery???
jb05 Wrote:seriously south floyd didnt even do ne thing different but run a man. a little 8 grade quarterback could go out and complete passes against a man defense. The score was only 28-0 and if they didnt keep respotting the ball south floyd would of scored 2 or 3 touchdown. Powell county cant stop the run they do have a beast at nose guard but what about everybody else on the line. I will say it and dont care powell county is soft and their quarterback hates getting hit. Get in his head and he will be kicked out in the 1st quarter because he likes to fight. If that wouldnt of been a scrimmage they had that qb up in the air and was about to pull a wwe finishing move on him so lets see what happens.

Powells Qb is the toughest kid on that team. It took at least 6 people to take him down. There was not one , one on one tackle made on him. He is 6'5 200 lbs and excels in the weightroom. jbo5 needs to get his head straight and quit being jealous. He doesnt like to fight either hes a leader and is the one to step up and say lets just play ball. They didnt have him in the air about to finish him either, he tried to jump over them, which he almost did and they grabbed his ankles and he was just simply to big to slam. Quit hating on a kid that is just out there to play football and have fun and lead his team to victory.
Powell has improved and yes Mike Whitaker has everything to do with it
I have to agree with Baseball King, I watched those boys play the other night and they put their heart into it... they had more people turn out for that scrimmage than most regular season games last year... with coach whitaker there now, the boys have a little more confidence in themselves knowing his background and the community is starting to support them... you could see the happiness in their eyes coming off that field and the anger they had at themselves when they knew they messed up and to know and admit you made a mistake takes someone who is dedicated to what they are doing... some say this was just a lucky day for powell, but its reality so face the facts that powell has improved and will continue to do so
Has anyone heard what song powell is coming out to yet?
RIP_28 Wrote:seriously, I lost count.Cool

lol...thats funny.
baseballking Wrote:Powells Qb is the toughest kid on that team. It took at least 6 people to take him down. There was not one , one on one tackle made on him. He is 6'5 200 lbs and excels in the weightroom. jbo5 needs to get his head straight and quit being jealous. He doesnt like to fight either hes a leader and is the one to step up and say lets just play ball. They didnt have him in the air about to finish him either, he tried to jump over them, which he almost did and they grabbed his ankles and he was just simply to big to slam. Quit hating on a kid that is just out there to play football and have fun and lead his team to victory.

not only was bill a hard guy to take down, he was a monster hitter on defense. he was always there to lay someone out when there was a pass. he also layed ppl out it i practice. hes a tough kid that will do ne thing to play. hes a good team leader and will lead his team to a lot of victories this year.
I'm not hating on anybody i dont have to hate and no he was about to get power bombed, I guess you werent watching the same game I was. But keep thinking what you want to thank baseball king and keep calling me out and you will eat those words next week when they scrimmage someone who is descent no pund inteneded at south floyd they have a classy program. Plus how was I making excuses it's a scrimmage I belive any team in their right mind would not prepare for a scrimmage. Who cares if you win it's all about getting better. I know of teams who won 7 on 7 games and scrimmages and never win a game all year or at most two.
jb05 Wrote:I'm not hating on anybody i dont have to hate and no he was about to get power bombed, I guess you werent watching the same game I was. But keep thinking what you want to thank baseball king and keep calling me out and you will eat those words next week when they scrimmage someone who is descent no pund inteneded at south floyd they have a classy program. Plus how was I making excuses it's a scrimmage I belive any team in their right mind would not prepare for a scrimmage. Who cares if you win it's all about getting better. I know of teams who won 7 on 7 games and scrimmages and never win a game all year or at most two.
If im not mistaken, every Coach should go into a scrimmage with the mindset that they are going to kill their opponent and not take it lightly. I havent known a Coach who hasnt taken any game seriously. If your not going to prepare for a scrimmage...why have them?
Lets try to cut out the insults in this thread.
I agree....everyone has opinions and they can be stated without arguing.
Well a scrimmage is like practice u run what you want to do and not worry about the other team. Plus you get players in that you don't know if they can play or not and see who can play or not play. I have seen a lot of state championship teams go in to scrimmages and get drilled. Prime example is Highland in 2004 they got drilled but then they came back and was probably one of the best teams in the state. So take a scrimmage for what it is you can't really win a scrimmage so if thats your fame to glory then you can have that i would rather have wins when it counted.