Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for Powell county football '07
Powell county has indeed had a total make over with new head coach offensive guru Mike Whitaker. Players have been in the weight room for several months and Powell looked great in 7 on 7 . Wright, Rose,Harding are all big play threats. They have 4 or 5 receivers who can catch the ball and a good qb in Rice, who has improved 100%. Their line is huge with the two bookend 300LB. bookend tackles in Ledford and Elam. Howell also returns on the line for his senior season, 6'2 220. Coach Mike Whitaker and a solid staff running the show and I say he brings Powell county out of nowhere just like he did Tim Couch.
Powell gets their first winning season in '07 and a new tradition begins.
8-2 only losses comming to Breathitt and Flemming.
Estill, Bath and Cawood will be the deciding games on being 8-2. Powell gets it done!:Thumbs:
8-2? Are you serious? If Powell goes 8-2, I will never watch another high school football game again! But hey guys, Best of Luck to ya and just work hard! Skies the limit!
Who all do they got on schedule?I believe PB5 too they wont go 8-2.
Whitaker is a good coach indeed, and Im sure they'll be much improved and not be a pushover like they have been in recent years. But 8 wins is a little much. I like the enthusiasm, but enthusiasm makes for 8-2 predictions. Reality makes for 3-7 predictions. Im going Powell 3-7, with those wins very hard earned.
i dont think powell will go 8-2....i think they might go either 6-4 or 7-3....estill an morgan will be a tossup for either side....breathitt an flemng is an immmediate loss....good luck powell.
Morgan County W
Estill County L
Fleming County L
Lewis County ? I dont know much about Lewis county
Bath County L
Cawood W
Betsy Layne L
Breathitt County L
Berea W

So yea about 3-7 season is what there looking at.
warriorpride Wrote:Morgan County W
Estill County L
Fleming County L
Bath County L
Cawood W
Betsy Layne L
Breathitt County L
Berea W

idk about them beatin morgan cause morgan beat powell by 60+ last year......an the only reason besty lane beat powell was because besty lane cheated.....they should beat lewis....i think they could pull it out against bath.....so about 5-5
Last year was a bad season for powell... they had a lot of inexperienced players on the team and this year with the new coachs, if everyone can work together rather than trying to be the star they will do tons better than last year...
If they get to 500, it will be a big year for Powell...
Estill County L
Fleming County L
Bath County L
Cawood W
Betsy Layne L
Breathitt County L
Berea W

Wow buddy, Ya gotum' beating Cawood but losing to Betsy layne. LMAO
HOW CAN A GUY GO 1-9 AND BE YA' NEW HEAD HONCHO.
A MIKE WHITAKER COACHED TEAM WILL NEVER BE 3-7.
You forgot Jackson co. there bub.Cool
bluegrassballa Wrote:idk about them beatin morgan cause morgan beat powell by 60+ last year......an the only reason besty lane beat powell was because besty lane cheated.....they should beat lewis....i think they could pull it out against bath.....so about 5-5
Morgan actually beat Powell by 59 not 60. The only way I see BL winning a game is by some sort of cheating or bribery. Considering that Lewis beat Powell by 35 last year, I don't see Powell being a 5 TD team better this year. They don't stand a chance against Bath either. Berea, Betsy layne, and Cawood are the only remote wins for Powell. 2-3 wins would be an improvement on last years 1 over Phelps.
bigpun Wrote:Morgan actually beat Powell by 59 not 60. The only way I see BL winning a game is by some sort of cheating or bribery. Considering that Lewis beat Powell by 35 last year, I don't see Powell being a 5 TD team better this year. They don't stand a chance against Bath either. Berea, Betsy layne, and Cawood are the only remote wins for Powell. 2-3 wins would be an improvement on last years 1 over Phelps.
Unless your a traditional football power a football team can have a major change from 1 season to the next. CONSIDERATION FOR: NEW HEAD COACH, NEW SYSTEM, 100% SUPPORT FOR THE NEW HEAD COACH AND PROGRAM NOW. Powell has been in the weight room and Mike Whitaker the mentor of Tim Couch will make a HUGE difference.
your judging Powell from last year, A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME THIS SEASON.
:Thumbs:
there is a storm brewing in powell county and that storm is the football team. step back and watch for the fall out. it should be interesting
over the past years, nothing in powell county has done really well... the basketball team, the cheerleaders, the baseball/softball teams, the band, or the football team... the last few years everything has been getting makeovers and now its time for the football team to get theirs... have a little faith in them, i think they are going to shock a lot of people when they get on the field this year during the season... these guys love what they do... if they didn't they would have quit a long time ago... you have seniors that have been playing since elementary school and they have been waiting for a break like this... good luck powell county!:Thumbs:
Define "really well". It won't do the football team or anybody else any good to down other programs.
RIP_28 Wrote:Wow buddy, Ya gotum' beating Cawood but losing to Betsy layne. LMAO
HOW CAN A GUY GO 1-9 AND BE YA' NEW HEAD HONCHO.
A MIKE WHITAKER COACHED TEAM WILL NEVER BE 3-7.
You forgot Jackson co. there bub.Cool

Well I guess I have to look at it form Powell's point of view, Cawood is never a good team so I gues I could have seen them beating Powell but With Whitaker coaching Powell you never know and i made the betsy layne choic before Coach Braham dicided to go to ER, so now I wil make new decisions on there season

Jackson Co. W
Morgan County L
Estill County L
Fleming County L
Lewis County W
Bath County L
Cawood L
Betsy Layne W
Breathitt County L
Berea W
THIS IS THE WAY I SEE IT POSSIBLY GOING. BUT I WISH POWELL GREAT LUCK WITH A NEW START THIS YEAR . THE HAVE A GOOD COACHING STAFF

Jackson Co. W
Morgan County W
Estill County L
Fleming County L
Lewis County L
Bath County L
Cawood W
Betsy Layne W
Breathitt County L
Berea W
PCHSPepBandHorn Wrote:over the past years, nothing in powell county has done really well... the basketball team, the cheerleaders, the baseball/softball teams, the band, or the football team... the last few years everything has been getting makeovers and now its time for the football team to get theirs... have a little faith in them, i think they are going to shock a lot of people when they get on the field this year during the season... these guys love what they do... if they didn't they would have quit a long time ago... you have seniors that have been playing since elementary school and they have been waiting for a break like this... good luck powell county!:Thumbs:

...what rock have you been living under?

Girls softball- 4/5 years in the regional tournament, reached semi-finals in 2003, '04, '05, and '07 (regional runner-up in 2005) with three district titles.
Girls B-ball- 5/6 years in the regional tournament, with two district titles.
Baseball- 20+ wins for four straight years, four consecutive district titles 2003-'07, reached regional semi-finals 2003-2006, regional runner-up in '04 and '05, REGIONAL CHAMPS in '06.
Boys B-ball- 2003 REGIONAL CHAMPS, district champs in 2007 with 19 wins.
Cheerleaders- competed at STATE competition in 2007.

...the only program that has NEVER been strong at Powell County is football. Golf, track, and x-country programs have had a lot of success as well.
rawlingsfan Wrote:...what rock have you been living under?

Girls softball- 4/5 years in the regional tournament, reached semi-finals in 2003, '04, '05, and '07 (regional runner-up in 2005) with three district titles.
Girls B-ball- 5/6 years in the regional tournament, with two district titles.
Baseball- 20+ wins for four straight years, four consecutive district titles 2003-'07, reached regional semi-finals 2003-2006, regional runner-up in '04 and '05, REGIONAL CHAMPS in '06.
Boys B-ball- 2003 REGIONAL CHAMPS, district champs in 2007 with 19 wins.
Cheerleaders- competed at STATE competition in 2007.

...the only program that has NEVER been strong at Powell County is football. Golf, track, and x-country programs have had a lot of success as well.
in the past they didn't do very well... before the class of 07 come in... there were a lot of good players in there... everything has improved over the past few years and i was just making a point that if everything else is improving then there is no reason saying that the football team is still going to stay in their rut... every other sport has came out of their winless seasons and the football team is starting to show that they are building and everyone keeps putting them down because of the past...
Good post, rawlings, but e forgot volleyball...3 district titles in 6 years, twice in regional semifinals.
oldgrouch Wrote:Good post, rawlings, but e forgot volleyball...3 district titles in 6 years, twice in regional semifinals.

My bad...it slipped my mind. Ken Jones has done a great job with both the girls' basketball and volleyball programs at PCHS.
Estill County L
Fleming County L
Bath County L
Cawood W
Betsy Layne L
Breathitt County L
Berea W

yes i definatley agree. its just not going to happen
OK NOSTRADOMUS
We shall see
How did they cheat? Remember your earlier quote":howdy:
Posted By bluegrassballa
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif] Ok. I see Powell winning as many games as they...

Ok. I see Powell winning as many games as they did last year. Betsy Lane beat them last year and this year will be the same result. This year will be more of a rebuilding year, working on the...

quote=bluegrassballa;407873]idk about them beatin morgan cause morgan beat powell by 60+ last year......an the only reason besty lane beat powell was because besty lane cheated.....they should beat lewis....i think they could pull it out against bath.....so about 5-5[/quote]
Has Powell started yet?

What kind of numbers do they have?

Any quality additions/subtractions from last years roster?
powell has started practice and i do not know the numbers but, they have a definate different mind set and a hunger to win.
i don't see powell making a huge turnaround this year. you can have the greatest coach in the world but it takes time for the players and the community to buy into the coaches system (usually around 1 season). take bath co. for example. their first year under head coach Reed Fields they went 1-9 with some very embarrasing losses but turned it around the next season by winning their first 6 games and going 7-4 and making their first playoff appearance in a long while. Coach Fields is a great coach but not everyone bought into his system the first season. Now he has an entire community behind him and the changes are enormous.

Best of luck to Powell but my predictions are 3-7.
RIP_28 Wrote:Unless your a traditional football power a football team can have a major change from 1 season to the next. CONSIDERATION FOR: NEW HEAD COACH, NEW SYSTEM, 100% SUPPORT FOR THE NEW HEAD COACH AND PROGRAM NOW. Powell has been in the weight room and Mike Whitaker the mentor of Tim Couch will make a HUGE difference.
your judging Powell from last year, A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME THIS SEASON.
:Thumbs:
All of these things are fine and dandy but they do take time to implement. I'm not saying it won't happen eventually (maybe) but I am saying it won't happen this year. IMO of course.
bigpun Wrote:All of these things are fine and dandy but they do take time to implement. I'm not saying it won't happen eventually (maybe) but I am saying it won't happen this year. IMO of course.
Sometimes and sometimes not. Morgan was TERRIBLE, They hired a good coach a couple years ago and went 8-4 winning a playoff game his first year. IT CAN HAPPEN, I HAVE SEEN IT.
2-8 maybe 3-7 if they are lucky.