Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for Powell county football '07
Whitaker was known to underachieve at Christian County. I can't see him overachieving at Powell. But, any progress he makes with the program won't be seen for 2-3 years.
RIP_28 Wrote:Unless your a traditional football power a football team can have a major change from 1 season to the next. CONSIDERATION FOR: NEW HEAD COACH, NEW SYSTEM, 100% SUPPORT FOR THE NEW HEAD COACH AND PROGRAM NOW. Powell has been in the weight room and Mike Whitaker the mentor of Tim Couch will make a HUGE difference.
your judging Powell from last year, A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME THIS SEASON.
:Thumbs:

That's what they said about Tim Couch when he went to the Browns and picked him over Edgerring James or Ricky Williams.
Lake Chief Wrote:Whitaker was known to underachieve at Christian County. I can't see him overachieving at Powell. But, any progress he makes with the program won't be seen for 2-3 years.
How is sending 4 kids to play college D-1 UNDER-ACHIEVING???????????
Christian co. hadn't had a winning season in nearly 10 years before coach Whitaker took over. Take a look at the big picture.
RIP_28 Wrote:How is sending 4 kids to play college D-1 UNDER-ACHIEVING???????????
Christian co. hadn't had a winning season in nearly 10 years before coach Whitaker took over. Take a look at the big picture.
4 D-1 players resulted in how many regional championships? What was his playoff record at one of the largest public schools in the state? I never saw them play but I do know how to read a boxscore and a playoff bracket.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:That's what they said about Tim Couch when he went to the Browns and picked him over Edgerring James or Ricky Williams.
What Tim did for Kentucky football is the BIG THING here. Tim was the BEST EVER Kentucky football player in high school and at UK. You can never ever question what Tim did for Kentucky football overall.
Lake Chief Wrote:4 D-1 players resulted in how many regional championships? What was his playoff record at one of the largest public schools in the state? I never saw them play but I do know how to read a boxscore and a playoff bracket.
IF YOU DO KNOW HOW TO READ, THEN HOW BOUT READING THE THREAD TITLE.
RIP_28 Wrote:IF YOU DO KNOW HOW TO READ, THEN HOW BOUT READING THE THREAD TITLE.
I answered the thread title in my first post of this thread (#31). Now run along and take your meds.
Lake Chief Wrote:I answered the thread title in my first post of this thread (#31). Now run along and take your meds.
Buddy, I don't need any meds and your way out of line.
Coach Whitaker's playoff record at Christian Co. was 6 and 6. Look at their schedule, they didn't play too many cup cakes.
Whitaker definately did not under acheive at Christian Co. He put them back on the map. Look at the years prior to him getting there.
More rediculus things HAVE happened
I think you will see a difference in Christian Co. this year, they will not be as explosive. Whitaker was Christian Co.'s X factor!
My friend, Tim Coach was put in a Lions Den at Cleveland! An expansion team with no line, receivers, or backs. They have tried several QB's in Cleveland since! Same ol' situation.
I'm not sure what the coach has to do with explosive. Players are explosive. I wish Coach Whitaker luck at Powell County.
Yes, players can be explosive, BUT, without leadership and direction, it's useless. Coach Whitaker has had explosive teams wherever he has coached. All teams are not equally talented, so I think his records and accomplishments speak for themselves.
I think Powell co. will start off the season big with a win against Jackson co. and will show off way too much for the teams the rest of the season. They will end up 3-7 with wins against Jackson, Berea, and Betsy Layne. The toss-up game will be week 2 against Morgan. If they can win two in a row, the confidence might show and give them some hope for the rest of the season.
RIP_28 Wrote:Buddy, I don't need any meds and your way out of line.
I agree, that was out of line. Have you ever strapped on pads lake chief?
Powell just started back practice after their dead period and looking at some of these boys you can tell they aren't even backing off in practice... I think you will be able to see a big difference in Powell this year
What's powell's numbers?
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:What's powell's numbers?
I hear around 20.
It seems to me that only Powell Co. threads get out of line, what's the deal?
I don't know the deal but it had better get back on track or it will be closed.

No more snide comments towards other members.
F.N.L. Wrote:I agree, that was out of line. Have you ever strapped on pads lake chief?
I sure have. Played "ironman football" as did most schools our size. I don't see what my playing history has to do with saying Christian County underachieved with Whitaker as coach or being asked by another member on here whether or not I can read. Of course I can read. I just know Coach Whitaker has a long road ahead and I wish him luck.
Lucky13 Wrote:It seems to me that only Powell Co. threads get out of line, what's the deal?
Thin skin from what I gather
F.N.L. Wrote:I hear around 20.
I sure hope Coach Whitaker can do some hallway recruiting once school starts and get some more kids out. Anything under 22 players is an unsafe number.
Powell will win no less than 7 games this year. Yup 7. They have an advantage over most of the teams they play in that they have a good coaching staff and they have a wide open offense. If some of the teams they play get behind they can't just change to passing the ball and be effective. also, running teams don't practice well against passing teams as they don't have the habits that passing teams have. If you practice running the ball all practice then you can't practice against the pass. Also this team wasn't horrible personnel wise last year. They had no leadership and it showed. They are learning what it takes to win and the schedule is in their favor. 7 wins at least.
i think powell will have a good season this year as long as they get some one that can lead them. the reason they had a bad season last year wasnt becasue they sucked, its because they lacked leadership. they jus need to play as a unti and they will find thenselves victorious.
F.N.L. Wrote:I hear around 20.

7 wins seems a little far fetched when you only have 20 people showing up for practice. You have to take into account injuries and players quitting throughout the season. They might have some good coaches but if there aren't any players to coach, then what's the point?
launchpad4 Wrote:Powell will win no less than 7 games this year. Yup 7. They have an advantage over most of the teams they play in that they have a good coaching staff and they have a wide open offense. If some of the teams they play get behind they can't just change to passing the ball and be effective. also, running teams don't practice well against passing teams as they don't have the habits that passing teams have. If you practice running the ball all practice then you can't practice against the pass. Also this team wasn't horrible personnel wise last year. They had no leadership and it showed. They are learning what it takes to win and the schedule is in their favor. 7 wins at least.

I can't believe that statement to be true. In Russell's case they very rarely practiced the pass but the passing numbers against them were very minimal. If the defensive coordinator is worth his salt he will have his defense prepared for any scenario that they come up against.
Midee1 Wrote:I can't believe that statement to be true. In Russell's case they very rarely practiced the pass but the passing numbers against them were very minimal. If the defensive coordinator is worth his salt he will have his defense prepared for any scenario that they come up against.

IMO both launchpad and middee are making corect statements! If I need to go in depth, get back to me. Big Grin