•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region summer Ball
The 49th district just got interesting because only 2 teams can make region and with Clay, North, and now OBI.....it should be fun. Clay has the best talent hands down but nothing to show for it........Woods for OBI is a top 10 player in the region......They have one of if not the best 3 point shooters in Onuoha and with Hall down low......If Clay isn't careful the streak could very well continue!
I wouldn’t say clay has more talent than Oneida or north. Robinson is best player but Oneida can go 8-9 deep. And north has three really good players as well
I wouldn't say that CC has more talent! OBI could make some problems from what I've heard they have got some talent as well some boys from the mountain not just transfers.. This ball season could be very interesting
I'd give the slight overall talent edge to North, but Clay has more experience.
OBI has to actually beat someone first. It looks like they only have five guys back who averaged over 2 ppg, so I don't see that kind of depth.
They do have 5 guys back, but the one the picked up hall, may be top 5 player, and Simpson showed a lot this summer. They are more talented then people think
They do have 5 guys back, but the one the picked up hall, may be top 5 player, and Simpson showed a lot this summer. They are more talented then people think
He's the kid that took the charge against Jackson in district game at the buzzer to keep Clay in?
Any news coming out of open gym or workouts.
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Any news coming out of open gym or workouts.
Only news that come out of open gym is if somebody gets hurt. Open gym is the worst basketball ever played.
ky playmaker Wrote:Only news that come out of open gym is if somebody gets hurt. Open gym is the worst basketball ever played.

Agree totally. It makes "summer ball" look like the state tournament.
Just wandering. Thought maybe more kids were transferring
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Just wandering. Thought maybe more kids were transferring

That is a good point now that school is back in most places. Be nice to hear some actual names and schools instead of "I hear such and such has some new additions."
Or "Hearing some players are on the move within the Region!"
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Just wandering. Thought maybe more kids were transferring

I know, you know the scoop on Oneida. Who is back and who is new.:rockon:
Oneida returns everyone from last year. Plus added Simpson, Hall. To my knowledge that’s it.
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Oneida returns everyone from last year. Plus added Simpson, Hall. To my knowledge that’s it.

enough to put them in top 5 in Region if not higher. 49th District will be a tough District.TongueirateSho
Absolutely. I believe they are top 5, but they got to prove they can win.
My guess is the top 8 will be Clay, North, South, Clay, Knox, HCHS, Bell and W-Burg (maybe not in that order)...I still don't see what OBI did to get ahead of any of them after being around 15-16 in the region last year. Maybe they will - but they have to beat someone first
They had a really good summer. Without there best two players. I’d say that is where some people think they are top 5. But I agree they must beat someone.
They had the two Red Bird players when I saw them and they lost two or three in Lexington - one by 30-plus against another regional team. Looked good against Breathitt, but not so great in the others. Woods was there and I'd say he is in their top two.
Woods is fourth from what I’m hearing
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:Woods is fourth from what I’m hearing

Saw them last year and woods is a nice player, if they have 3 better than him they are in the hunt. I know how good the 5 coming back are. If the New kids have size and can play they will give people fits. They can find out early. They play Clay at Clay in first game of the season. ( looks like someone does not know how to make a schedule) just saying.Confusedinglepar
Starting 6-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-0, 5-11. What I’m hearing. Unless someone new shows up. But I’ve been told by two people that are in the know that Woods was 4th best. And that they have a sophomore that didn’t play last year that might end up being best player.
Feel bad for OBI, they sound like they have their best team in who knows how many years and they will be lucky to make it out of district because 2 of the 3 best teams in region are in their district.
I agree but Oneida on paper are as good as those two team. Now them proving that is a different story.
Clay County was 22-7 in 2019
OBI was 9-16 in 2019
They aren't equal on paper...
Jackson County beat OBI 92-55 in last year's district tournament. If I'm Jackson County, I want to know how you've made up 37 points on paper against me since February.
If I'm Jackson County I would love this everybody putting Clay , North , Obi as the top 3 front runners for the 49th district. I seen Jackson this summer and they are a dangerous team and (No) body better go in over looking them. They have probably the best shooter in the 13th region n dropped about 45 points on OBI in district last season and they have another good shooter also is a junior guard Akemon and they have a sophomore that's about 5-10 that plays inside the ark n drives the ball as good as I've seen over summer ball and plays like a 6-4 kid. I never seen him on the team last season but somebody said he was a transfer in maybe came from Clay they thought but wasn't for sure. I'm telling you the 49th district could be the hardest district in the 13th region this season and could go 4 teams deep and which ever 2 teams come out could make a run for the region title. I think the region will be very interested this season.
HCS Wrote:Jackson County beat OBI 92-55 in last year's district tournament. If I'm Jackson County, I want to know how you've made up 37 points on paper against me since February.
and whats interesting is obi beat jackson co by 3 at jackson and by 6 at obi last year. the last win over jackson was just 20 days before jackson beat the brakes off obi in district.
Coaching has a lot to do with that loss. Woods works those kids hard and isn’t scared to sit kids to get his point across. This is a different team.
A new coach sometimes can make a difference.
I saw both OBI and Jackson play this summer, and I thought OBI was a little better, but I think you've got to get to the top 10 before you can talk about top five and you can't get to the top 10 until you start beating teams in the top 10. As much as I like summer basketball, you have to do it in the regular season if you haven't been a contender in a while.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next