•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region summer Ball
Craze JACKET man Wrote:You have two headed your way..

Who? What? Where? When?
I'm hearing a North kid to Bell. Who knows what or is this just conjecture?
Hopefully we get us a transfer!
Its funny to me how often times people post they "hear" of transfers but they never share the names they have supposedly "heard" of.
I wish they would say the names of the players too. But on the other hand the players supposedly switching schools and families probably don’t want their name out there.
No clue if there is any validity to this rumor, and I don't want to toss names around. I do however think an athlete should be able to go play wherever he feels like he has the best shot to further his career. School starts in about 4 weeks we'll all see then.
It will be fun to see what happens at the beginning of school. Where kids end up at. Oneida will a few new ones I’m hearing. Not sure who or if they can play.
Oldtiger Wrote:No clue if there is any validity to this rumor, and I don't want to toss names around. I do however think an athlete should be able to go play wherever he feels like he has the best shot to further his career. School starts in about 4 weeks we'll all see then.

I agree.
How did the Colonels do this summer under the leadership of Overstay, Urkel and Keeping up with the Joneses. I see their upcoming schedule is extremely difficult 🙄.
Bell will be an exciting team with the new coach. We are going to be very good by the middle of the season with Stephney, Burnett, Phipps, Jones, and Woolum just to name a few.
Whitley is in a tough district with South Laurel and Corbin. When is the last time 1 of those 2 teams didn’t make the region?
Williamsburg won the region in 2015.
ArJay Wrote:Whitley is in a tough district with South Laurel and Corbin. When is the last time 1 of those 2 teams didn’t make the region?

In the last 8 years boys basketball is 103-138. Region 48-76. District regular season 16-32, 3-15 last 3 years. District tourney 0-8. Overstays record speaks for itself.
I’ll take a stab at ranking teams after summer based more on what I am hearing than what I seen:
1. Clay
2. SL
3. Harlan County
4. NL
5. Bell
6. Corbin
7. OBI
8. W-burg
9. Middlesboro
10. (Tie) Harlan
10. (Tie) Barbourville
12. Jackson
13. Lynn Camp
14. Whitley
15. Pineville
16. Red Bird
Barbourville was the best Class A team I saw in the summer. I think several others have a great shot though.
Just heard a rumor that Oneida got another big kid. 6-4. Played as a freshman for clay but hasn’t played since. If that kid is there Oneida may be best team in region.
A guy hasn't played in two years and he's going to make OBI the best team in the region?
He’s been playing at a Christian school in annville. Started at clay as a freshman. Averaged 25 a game in Aau from my understanding. Heard it here first
Bigmouth1953 Wrote:He’s been playing at a Christian school in annville. Started at clay as a freshman. Averaged 25 a game in Aau from my understanding. Heard it here first

He’s a good player and will make the Mountaineers better. However, it wouldn’t move them into the Top 3. Likely 5th or 6th. OBI could very well be the 2nd best team in the 49th district.
He is not going to Obi
ky playmaker Wrote:He is not going to Obi

Where is he going?
He don’t think he will go to obi. I’m just telling you I believe he will. May be wrong.
ArJay Wrote:Where is he going?
Staying at annville Christian
How is OBI getting or being rumored to so many players? Are they recruiting them?
Their students come from all over the country and beyond - so they have a lot come in and leave every year. If you ever go to an OBI game at OBI you see a tremendous amount of diversity in the student cheering section.
I know they have kids they bring in from all over and help youth that need help. But getting kids from close by to come play ball seems a little different.
One of OBI's starters last year started out playing at Clay. It's in the same county, so they get a few from there, especially if they don't play enough to suit them at Clay.

Bell has gotten quite a few from Pineville over the years, so kind of like that I'd guess.
And Pineville has gotten a lot from Bell. Ha Ha. Just by following this site they are talking about getting a new transfer from close by every other day. Like the 2 from Red Bird, others from Clay, this big boy, etc.
True - more talk this year than ever before, but there is something every year during the last several summers.
I think the two from Red Bird are at Red Bird. Brad Marsee is coaching over there now.
OBI had some good wins this summer, but they also lost big in some scrimmages at Lexington that I saw. I don't know if it's doing them any favors by adding to pressure/expectations.
Let’s be real these are rumors. I just tell you what I’m hearing. I don’t talk to head coach so I have no idea. I do know they have everyone from summer plus the three from last year that didn’t play this summer.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next