Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Preseason 5A Rankings
TheOracle Wrote:South Warren graduates most of their 2018 starters in a month and a half, including Gavin Spurrier, Cameron Harrison, Clayton Bush, Tanner Gallahair, Pete Cross, Tre Teague, and Jacob Lacey. Zero chance the Spartans are 1st in 5A.

CovCath loses Casey McGinness and Jack Coldiron, and most of their offensive line. They return their QB and Michael Mayer, a few OL/DL and several various skills players. Not the hit that South Warren took, but not great either.

Highlands at #9...not a chance. Any team that comes at Highlands expecting a #9 team is setting themselves up to be beaten by Highlands. For starters, they're head and shoulders above Pulaski and Southwestern, both. But nobody on here pays much attention to northern Kentucky sports unless they absolutely have to, so I guess I'm not surprised to see that.

True that CovCath and especially South Warren lose some serious talent, but how much do the teams blow them keep?

Highlands did better last year, but still not enough to convince me that they are back. I'd like to se them play Pulaski given that the latter scored 14 points on CovCath in the semis while Highlands scored zero in the quarters. Also, how can I have regional bias against NKY when CovCath is my number two? I just ain't impressed with Highlands recent performance, that's all.
CarzyRock Wrote:True that CovCath and especially South Warren lose some serious talent, but how much do the teams blow them keep?

Highlands did better last year, but still not enough to convince me that they are back. I'd like to se them play Pulaski given that the latter scored 14 points on CovCath in the semis while Highlands scored zero in the quarters. Also, how can I have regional bias against NKY when CovCath is my number two? I just ain't impressed with Highlands recent performance, that's all.

CovCath pulled starters in the 2nd quarter against Pulaski, whereas I believe it was mid-4th quarter when they pulled starters against Highlands. They wanted to keep their foot on the gas a little longer to make sure they left no doubt after their regular season performance against the Birds.
UCfan1 Wrote:Whitley County will surprise in the south. There is two separate classes here. South Warren, Scott County, Covington Catholic, Bowling Green, Highlands, Frederick Douglas. Then everyone else.

The only way they surprise me is winning at least 4 games, lost a lot of talent last year from a team that won three games, love to see them succeed but don't think they will be over 500 again for 2-3 years.
Whitley has a good new coaching staff with a solid line and skill players, could turn heads this season