Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikevilles AD search?
Does that really have anything to do with him getting the job? You would figure it would be the same as being the VP wouldn't it? Well what is you insightful information on this Mr. Hillbilly.
hillbilly Wrote:Royce can not be the big cheese because his wife teaches at the high school.

Wrong there too. There was a law written specifically for this a few years ago--Mrs. Waddell at the elementary was allowed to work where her husband was principal. Don't know the particulars, but there is an exception some way.
UKRULES Wrote:Wrong there too. There was a law written specifically for this a few years ago--Mrs. Waddell at the elementary was allowed to work where her husband was principal. Don't know the particulars, but there is an exception some way.

Mrs. Waddell sure did didn't she. Hopefully the same can be done for Royce. Not a nicer guy around who cares about the kids, school, and community. We will just have to wait and see what transpires. Along with the AD job. The quicker the better people.
Somebody needs to call Tony Skaggs @ Magoffin and share that info... because they've mistreated his family something awful and they're great folks who just want to see their school improve...(sorry about that being off topic... was hoping someone from MC is reading along on this one!)
hillbilly Wrote:Royce can not be the big cheese because his wife teaches at the high school.

I may be wrong about my interpretation of the nepotism rule, but I believe what's in reference here deals with a Principal HIRING a family-member as a teacher on staff. That wouldn't be the case here since Mr. Mayo could be coming in as Principal while his wife is already on staff.
They used this "nepotism" clause @ Magoffin County to take the cheer leaders from Angie Skaggs & to take the softball team from Tony Skaggs brother. They also made both of them District Employees. THESE ARE FINE PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING JERKED AROUND BECAUSE THEY WERE EMPLOYED BEFORE THEIR HUSBAND/BROTHER WAS HIRED AS PRINCIPAL.
Look @ schools all around here, who have had relatives in Superintendents offices and Principals offices and so forth, and have hired family with "nepotism in their hearts" with nothing said or done. Obviously, there is a clause that works around this.
As for the Pikeville situation, they have (4) very capable people, who have shown a desire to help their school system. Now the school system has another issue to cover. This one is probably unexpected but not altogether terrible. I look forward to the SBDMC being given many fine applications from which to choose. Once the Principal's position is covered, I'd say the AD's position will follow. I'm sure Mr. Green will be shown the light as soon as possible.
Anything new on either of these positions?
Hey Beefy Beef I have heard nothing from this front in a couple of weeks now. Would like to know something though.
I can't believe they still don't have an AD or principal this close to football season.