Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikevilles AD search?
With all the rumors going on about whether Coach J is staying or going. There has been no talk on here about the search for a new AD after longtime AD Keno Trivette retired. Has anyone heard who the front runners are? My vote goes to Royce Mayo although I dont know if an assistant principal can be an AD or not. Talk to me Pikeville what have you heard?
the name ive heard as the lead candidate is Kevin Garris.... I think he would be a good choice but i'd like to see a person from outside the school who could schedule games with bigger city schools... It always gets the schools name out there better when the team is playing lex/lou teams....
Names I have heard are Kevin Garris, Chad Salyers, Dave Thomas, and Ernie Johnson.
Hiring will be made next week.
I personally think Ernie is going to get the job.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Panther Thunder Wrote:the name ive heard as the lead candidate is Kevin Garris.... I think he would be a good choice but i'd like to see a person from outside the school who could schedule games with bigger city schools... It always gets the schools name out there better when the team is playing lex/lou teams....

Last year, Pikeville football played Henry Clay and East Jessamine -- 4A and 3A schools from Lex. area. Kevin Garris (along with Ken Trivette) had a lot to do with Henry Clay being an invite to the bowl game.

This coming year, Pikeville (1A school) will play 4A LexCath and 5A Ashland.

By the way, the ADs at most schools allow the head coaches almost 100% say in who they put on their schedule. It's not like it is in college.
If I was Kevin Garris and they did not give me the AD job I would be highly ticked off.

Me and Coach Garris have our differences but he is 100% Pikeville and does as much for that school district in athletics as anyone I know so IMVHO the job should be his unless he doesn't want it............
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Names I have heard are Kevin Garris, Chad Salyers, Dave Thomas, and Ernie Johnson.
Hiring will be made next week.
These were the four names up for AD. The interviews were yesterday then the panel submitted their findings to the principal who will make a decision next week. Keno will be missed by many, especially me. Thanks for your hard work Coach Trivette. I hope whoever gets the job will put in the same man hours that Keno put into the job. He was a no non-sense, my way or the highway type of guy and I will miss that at PHS. Good luck to all the candidates.
This may be a first but here is my AD ranking. LOL
1. Chad Salyers
2. Ernie Johnson
3. Dave Thomas
4. Kevin Garris
Pikeville will be in good shape with any of those 4 guys.
Honestly my ranking would be:
1. Dave Thomas
1. (tie) Ernie Johnson
3. Chad Salyers
3. (tie) Kevin Garris
I would love to see coach thomas get it... he is one of my favorite people and my favorite teacher at PHS... He's a very likeable guy with a great personality and he knows a lot about the programs being the baseball and basketball coach and winning region titles in both...
NEXT Wrote:If I was Kevin Garris and they did not give me the AD job I would be highly ticked off.

Me and Coach Garris have our differences but he is 100% Pikeville and does as much for that school district in athletics as anyone I know so IMVHO the job should be his unless he doesn't want it............
Oh he wants it but I don't think he is the man for the job. I think any of the other three would do a better job than Garris. I believe that Thomas may have some AD experience from a few years ago.
No offense to any of the other guys but I want a football guy in there. Pikeville has had Basketball guys in the AD position for as long as I can remember. I think Chad Salyer would be a good fit but, with all that being said, I dont think we could go wrong with any of the finalists. I still say Royce Mayo wouldve been the best at the job. I guess he either couldnt or didnt apply.
[quote=bigpun]

[HTML]Keno will be missed by many, especially me.[/HTML]

You may be the only person that I have ever heard make a comment like that. From what I hear there they are partying in the streets of Pikeville over Keno finally being gone.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=bigpun]

[HTML]Keno will be missed by many, especially me.[/HTML]

You may be the only person that I have ever heard make a comment like that. From what I hear there they are partying in the streets of Pikeville over Keno finally being gone.
Havent you heard of sarcasm?LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball]Havent you heard of sarcasm?LOL!
I was not being sarcastic. Keno is the type of guy who if you treat him with respect he will give you the same. Others may be partying but even though he may have done some things that I didn't agree with he was still a good hard working man. I personally will miss him.
Get this thread back on topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We are on topic because we are talking about the AD. I guess nothing new has come out about the search. I heard that a decision might be made this week. Other than that I have heard nothing else.
The new power ranking for AD candidates at Pikeville:
1. Ernie Johnson
2. (tie) Chad Salyers
2. (tie) Dave Thomas
3. Kevin Garris
You have some inside info there PUN
bigpun Wrote:The new power ranking for AD candidates at Pikeville:
1. Ernie Johnson
2. (tie) Chad Salyers
2. (tie) Dave Thomas
3. Kevin Garris
Actually the newest power ranking includes only one name!
Hey fox, you got some inside info to share? Like who is your one name or when the announcement is slated to be done?
I hear EJ's out of town and there has been no word from the admins. Someone said there may be some names withdrawn if word isn't released by Friday? Anyone heard anything else?
UKRULES Wrote:I hear EJ's out of town and there has been no word from the admins. Someone said there may be some names withdrawn if word isn't released by Friday? Anyone heard anything else?
I had heard that the announcement was supposed to be this week. Has this changed?
If you think about it, something must be working in the background. It's my understanding they interviewed 4 people mentioned above on Monday June 4th---and still no word.

From what 1 candidate said early, before interviews, the Super wants to hire someone from a district he worked at previously. Wouldn't surprise me since nearly everyone he has hired (I can think of one exception) has been from north of Pikeville. While he really has no say, he could make it nearly impossible to not hire someone else. Nearly two weeks and no word--My bet there is a shake up getting ready to hit and no one is going to see it coming.

Just my 2 cents.
UKRULES Wrote:If you think about it, something must be working in the background. It's my understanding they interviewed 4 people mentioned above on Monday June 4th---and still no word.

From what 1 candidate said early, before interviews, the Super wants to hire someone from a district he worked at previously. Wouldn't surprise me since nearly everyone he has hired (I can think of one exception) has been from north of Pikeville. While he really has no say, he could make it nearly impossible to not hire someone else. Nearly two weeks and no word--My bet there is a shake up getting ready to hit and no one is going to see it coming.

Just my 2 cents.

If the super causes someone from another school district to be hired as AD at Pikeville, he is dumber than I thought he was.
If Jerry Green hired someone from Johnson County after doing only four interviews of in house candidates then I would seriously question his ethical thinking towards being a superintendent. He needs to hire the best candidate not his best friends.
bigpun Wrote:If Jerry Green hired someone from Johnson County after doing only four interviews of in house candidates then I would seriously question his ethical thinking towards being a superintendent. He needs to hire the best candidate not his best friends.

Hey there PUN. He should not have any input. Site Base will recommend to the principal and the principal is suppose to hire. That is not to say that there is no behind the scenes arm twisting.

. :lmao:
hillbilly Wrote:Hey there PUN. He should not have any input. Site Base will recommend to the principal and the principal is suppose to hire. That is not to say that there is no behind the scenes arm twisting.

. :lmao:
I would say he is pushing for some Johnson Co. best friends
I sure wish they would hire somebody already.
No one from Johnson Co. is even in the mix. The AD will be either Dave Thomas or Ernie Johnson. And at this rate, the hire should be made by Thanksgiving!!!!
Maybe not in the original 4 man mix, but everything has changed. At least a couple of the interviewed have been told that things had changed and they would be going in a new direction. The new AD will probably be a NEW hire for 1/2 time AD and 1/2 time teacher--probably math or science.

This was the message supposedly delivered to 2 on Friday.

So what does that say????

Keep these letters in mind WRC