Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2019
WestCarterComet Wrote:O’hara Collins and Slaughter are all going to be seniors.

O’hara Is going to be a junior, along with Weddle and Long. Collins and Slaughter are Seniors.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:[quote=JustThinking]

Looks like Breathitt will be good enough to make it to Beechwood in the East.:biggrin:

Not sure if they will get to play them or not. Because the 3rd round will be reseeded. If they win in the 3rd, then 4th round will include the remaining 4 teams to be reseeded and its possible that Breathitt could travel to Mayfield ( if they make it and possible scenario or vise versa) Breathitt schedule could hurt them come playoff time with the way the playoffs are designed this year.
bac2369 Wrote:[quote=Sportsfanatic2015]

Not sure if they will get to play them or not. Because the 3rd round will be reseeded. If they win in the 3rd, then 4th round will include the remaining 4 teams to be reseeded and its possible that Breathitt could travel to Mayfield ( if they make it and possible scenario or vise versa) Breathitt schedule could hurt them come playoff time with the way the playoffs are designed this year.

With breathitts schedule, worst case scenario in regular season is most likely 9-1... that will be good enough for them to avoid the 4 seed for the 3rd Round of the playoffs I would imagine.
WestCarterComet Wrote:[quote=bac2369]

With breathitts schedule, worst case scenario in regular season is most likely 9-1... that will be good enough for them to avoid the 4 seed for the 3rd Round of the playoffs I would imagine.

They will be okay for the 3rd round bc that stays within the teams from the east side of the bracket, it’s the 4th round is where I would think there luck runs out.
bac2369 Wrote:[quote=WestCarterComet]

They will be okay for the 3rd round bc that stays within the teams from the east side of the bracket, it’s the 4th round is where I would think there luck runs out.

You’re most likely correct, even with all the kids they’ve brought in this offseason they still aren’t on the same level as Mayfield, Somerset, LCA, or Beechwood

You’re most likely correct, even with all the kids they’ve brought in this offseason they still aren’t on the same level as Mayfield, Somerset, LCA, or Beechwood

This could be a year to get Beechwood since they lost the most of the teams mentioned. Plus LCA and Somerset will face off 2nd round so one of those teams won’t make it past the 2nd round.
West ur team returns some solid talent. I think I got there numbers somewhere. Give me a second to find it.
bac2369 Wrote:[quote=WestCarterComet]

This could be a year to get Beechwood since they lost the most of the teams mentioned. Plus LCA and Somerset will face off 2nd round so one of those teams won’t make it past the 2nd round.

Yes the only reason I included both LCA and somerset is because I don’t think Breathitt could beat the winner of their game in the second round
bac2369 Wrote:West ur team returns some solid talent. I think I got there numbers somewhere. Give me a second to find it.

What’d you find
bac2369 Wrote:[quote=Sportsfanatic2015]

That’s not how it works. You get reseeded once. 1-4 on the east 1-4 on the west. Winner of those play each other for state championship.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:[quote=bac2369]

That’s not how it works. You get reseeded once. 1-4 on the east 1-4 on the west. Winner of those play each other for state championship.

Go back and read it. The 4th will also be reseeded with the 4 remaining teams.

Yes the only reason I included both LCA and somerset is because I don’t think Breathitt could beat the winner of their game in the second round

I think you're right.
Seems like these quotes are messed up from looking at them.
This from the KHSAA site.

Seed Fourth Round based on Playoff RPI-
Highest remaining seed hosts fourth highest remaining seed;
2nd highest remaining seed hosts third highest remaining seed.
Round Five (finals) highest seed (highest RPI) will be the home team on the scoreboard and wear Dark jerseys
bac2369 Wrote:This from the KHSAA site.

Seed Fourth Round based on Playoff RPI-
Highest remaining seed hosts fourth highest remaining seed;
2nd highest remaining seed hosts third highest remaining seed.
Round Five (finals) highest seed (highest RPI) will be the home team on the scoreboard and wear Dark jerseys

Seed Third Round based on Playoff RPI (all classes)
Highest remaining seed in regions 1-4 host fourth highest remaining in regions 1-4;
2nd highest remaining seed in regions 1-4 host third highest remaining seed in regions 1-4;
Highest remaining seed in regions 5-8 host fourth highest remaining in regions 5-8;
2nd highest remaining seed in regions 5-8 host third highest remaining seed in regions 5-8.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Seed Third Round based on Playoff RPI (all classes)
Highest remaining seed in regions 1-4 host fourth highest remaining in regions 1-4;
2nd highest remaining seed in regions 1-4 host third highest remaining seed in regions 1-4;
Highest remaining seed in regions 5-8 host fourth highest remaining in regions 5-8;
2nd highest remaining seed in regions 5-8 host third highest remaining seed in regions 5-8.

Yes. If the 1 seed wins and 2 seed wins both games on each side of the east and west bracket those remaining teams will be reseeded based on there RPI resulting in another reseed. But it is possible the RPI stays the same. It is also Possible those RPI are higher for the teams in the west side or vise Vera’s east side.
bac2369 Wrote:Yes. If the 1 seed wins and 2 seed wins both games on each side of the east and west bracket those remaining teams will be reseeded based on there RPI resulting in another reseed. But it is possible the RPI stays the same. It is also Possible those RPI are higher for the teams in the west side or vise Vera’s east side.

So to decide the 3rd Round they still reseed based on RPI, correct?
WestCarterComet Wrote:So to decide the 3rd Round they still reseed based on RPI, correct?

Yes. Say we get Walton Verona, Beechwood, Breathitt and West Carter on the 5-8 districts and Mayfield, Somerset, Owensboro Catholic and Monroe County for 1-4 diss . Those 4 will be reseeded 1-4. Then the fourth round will be reseeded on the RPI Ranking of those 4 remaining teams.
Does any one know who Breathitt is scrimmaging?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:You won't even miss Slaughter with Jaylin Turner at wideout. Turners about 6'3 or 6'4 with 4.7 or 4.8 40 time. Plus the kid is aggressive as they come. Him and Predator Hoskins gonna turn some heads this year on the Varsity level. But for what its worth, Id like to see Slaughter come back. He is tuff as nails and has a ton of experience. Heck of an athlete. Like to see Coach Moore get him another ring.

What? Jaylen is a good young athlete but nowhere near as athletic as Slaughter. (not yet anyway). And I don't see the Hoskins kid getting any varsity time this season.

Slaughter returning is HUGE!!!
[quote=catsrule]What? Jaylen is a good young athlete but nowhere near as athletic as Slaughter. (not yet anyway). And I don't see the Hoskins kid getting any varsity time this season.

Slaughter will be huge this year I’m very thankful having him return and I’m sure Coach Moore and all Bobcats fans are very thankful he came back home but Jaylen Turner will be a big force on Defense and don’t be surprise if he contribute to offense as well. Hoskins kid will get reps as freshmen with 1st team . It will be limited but he will be big in Future!!!!
bac2369 Wrote:Yes. Say we get Walton Verona, Beechwood, Breathitt and West Carter on the 5-8 districts and Mayfield, Somerset, Owensboro Catholic and Monroe County for 1-4 diss . Those 4 will be reseeded 1-4. Then the fourth round will be reseeded on the RPI Ranking of those 4 remaining teams.

If this is consistent with no cross bracketing Beechwood and Mayfield will play for the 2A title annually and never leave home before the championship game.
Check the new playoff system out. Breathitt should have easy run to region. Then they are reseeded.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If this is consistent with no cross bracketing Beechwood and Mayfield will play for the 2A title annually and never leave home before the championship game.

It’s possible. But they got to win there games on there schedule. You can play a tough schedule but you need to win some of those games otherwise your not going to get High RPI for the seeding of the playoffs. I am very eager to see how this is going to work out though. This should be good year to get Beechwood since they lost the house basically. But they do have a pretty good quarterback and good fullback returning. Should have a solid wideout as well.
bac2369 Wrote:It’s possible. But they got to win there games on there schedule. You can play a tough schedule but you need to win some of those games otherwise your not going to get High RPI for the seeding of the playoffs. I am very eager to see how this is going to work out though. This should be good year to get Beechwood since they lost the house basically. But they do have a pretty good quarterback and good fullback returning. Should have a solid wideout as well.

Beechwood will remain another level above the rest of the east. There are teams in every class in today’s HS football that are a just level above the rest.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Beechwood will remain another level above the rest of the east. There are teams in every class in today’s HS football that are a just level above the rest.

The only team on another level in 2A, in my opinion, would be Mayfield. Beechwood lost too much from last years championship team, and I truly believe Breathitt, Somerset, and a few others are capable of beating Beechwood this year. When you have to replace the majority of your team, it's hard to be at the same level, you were at the year before. Only time will tell.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The only team on another level in 2A, in my opinion, would be Mayfield. Beechwood lost too much from last years championship team, and I truly believe Breathitt, Somerset, and a few others are capable of beating Beechwood this year. When you have to replace the majority of your team, it's hard to be at the same level, you were at the year before. Only time will tell.

Totally agree Mayfield is on another Level!!!! I really think they could win a championship in every class in Kentucky except maybe 6A. Beechwood will be fundamentally sound but I don’t think there a juggernaut this year. I honestly will be surprise if they make to championship game. I really don’t like this re seed after 3 and 4 th round. Because east Ky will get short end of stick . For instance ( I’m saying this going to happen) if Breathitt does make semis and big if, but if they have go to Mayfield that is a 6 hour trip on a bus!!! That is just down right crazy to make a team travel that far play a playoff game!! The only positive I see is teams will have a lot better schedule through regular season. Fans will get see better games through regular season. I like how Corbin schedules they will play anybody and I respect that!!!!
Statebound19 Wrote:[quote=catsrule]What? Jaylen is a good young athlete but nowhere near as athletic as Slaughter. (not yet anyway). And I don't see the Hoskins kid getting any varsity time this season.

Slaughter will be huge this year I’m very thankful having him return and I’m sure Coach Moore and all Bobcats fans are very thankful he came back home but Jaylen Turner will be a big force on Defense and don’t be surprise if he contribute to offense as well. Hoskins kid will get reps as freshmen with 1st team . It will be limited but he will be big in Future!!!!

I hope you are right!! But I just don't see Jaylen making that big of a contribution this season. Especially early on, as he needs to get a lot stronger.

I have heard from coaches that the Hoskins kid will help in the future. Probably be a starter next season. But that his natural position will be offensive/defensive line.

Any way you look at it, the Bobcat's future looks bright. Glad to see them heading in the right direction after struggling for the last 8-10 years.
I think Jaylen will be big more on Defense than anything!!! I think I heard he had 8-9 interceptions in passing tournament at South Laurel . I not one put a lot stock in that because you know what there doing but with that been said 8-9 interceptions in one tournament is pretty impressive!!!! He has makeup to be a really good safety!!! But offensively he will have hard time getting on field depending on what formation and (bar no injuries )Bobcats are running!!! Slaughter will be a force this year!!! Teams will not double cover because of our running game and other receivers. O’Hara may not put up rushing numbers he did last year because he won’t have to because he will have Collins in backfield. However I think his passing yards will go up and so will completions. I honestly think they will have best offense in Eastern Ky and 2nd only Mayfield in 2A. They will average close 50 points a game. Defense will be a lot better as well this year!!!!!
Statebound19 Wrote:I think Jaylen will be big more on Defense than anything!!! I think I heard he had 8-9 interceptions in passing tournament at South Laurel . I not one put a lot stock in that because you know what there doing but with that been said 8-9 interceptions in one tournament is pretty impressive!!!! He has makeup to be a really good safety!!! But offensively he will have hard time getting on field depending on what formation and (bar no injuries )Bobcats are running!!! Slaughter will be a force this year!!! Teams will not double cover because of our running game and other receivers. O’Hara may not put up rushing numbers he did last year because he won’t have to because he will have Collins in backfield. However I think his passing yards will go up and so will completions. I honestly think they will have best offense in Eastern Ky and 2nd only Mayfield in 2A. They will average close 50 points a game. Defense will be a lot better as well this year!!!!!

What kind of O and D lines does Breathitt have? They willl have the offense no doubt, but they will need some good hog mollies to block.