Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2019
The Bobcats are looking to build off an 8-4 season last year. They return the majority of their skill players, but the offensive and defensive lines are going to take a hit due to graduation. The schedule is very favorable, and the new alignment, puts the bobcats in the "thick of things" for a regional championship. What are your thoughts?

Aug 23 at Jenkins
Aug 30 vs. Clay County
Sep 6 at Magoffin County
Sep 13 vs. Estill County
Sep 20 vs. Powell County
Sep 27 at Middlesboro (District Game)
Oct 4 vs. Morgan County (District Game)
Oct 18 at Knott County Central (District Game)
Oct 25 at Leslie County (District Game)
Nov 1 vs. Pike County Central
They won’t be in for a good ride if they make it to the region finals with the new rpi system to seed the third round, this schedule will likely leave them as the 8th team coming out. It’s a wide open district though, I would put Breathett, Leslie, and Middlesboro as all three pretty equal.
why in the name of the holy mother is Jenkins playing Breathitt?

Breathitt will rock that district and be the 4 seed traveling to Beechwood.
I agree with Badman, why on earth would Jenkins play them? No benefit for either team. Looking at the schedule, BC could go undefeated.
That's one of the weakest football schedules I can remember at Breathitt.
I think Corbin Middle School would go undefeated with this schedule. 10-0 in J-town this season.
Yes, not sure why Jenkins is playing Breathitt. And why at Jenkins? It makes no sense for either team. I am seriously worried that a Jenkins player will get hurt. Breathitt to for that matter, I know in years past they have had a bad field, I'd hate to see an injury, especially, at the beginning of the season.
Couple years ago everyone was saying Breathitt was playing too hard of a schedule. Well here is one where they could go 10-0.
Good schedule for the Bobcats, they graduated a lot from last year I believe.
Super weak schedule but these days with realignment and such it’s tough to fill all the weeks. I remember Pikeville only getting like 7-8 games a couple years ago and had to go out of state to fill the schedule. Not saying that’s what happened here but either way Bobcats shouldn’t lose many.
Breathitt will have a good year. Some stated it was a weak schedule and that may be true. Breathitt is not what they were years ago as families have relocated and a lower number of players to choose from in the community. With that said, I've always said Breathitt is a class program and the years they dominated were fun to watch. They aren't the Breathitt of years past but last season was a stepping stone to rebuilding the tradition. Hope they have a great year but beefing the schedule up some more next year would benefit the team in my opinion.
10-0!
Tailback44 Wrote:10-0!

What all do you guys have coming back? Mountain football is better when Breathitt is really good.
Heard Collins was coming back.
DukeBoy Wrote:Heard Collins was coming back.

I have heard the same thing, but I heard last year that he was coming back and that didn't happen. So, who knows. If Collins does come back, the Bobcats will be able to make a little bit of noise in 2A this upcoming year.
He would do better at Breathitt than Anderson.
Breathitt will be much much better if he does come.... But, they are still a few years away from making noise. There will be several dynamic players on the team once again if they stay together. Glad to see them on the rise!
bcpc Wrote:Breathitt will be much much better if he does come.... But, they are still a few years away from making noise. There will be several dynamic players on the team once again if they stay together. Glad to see them on the rise!

With Collins, they have a good shot at winning a regional championship. I don't think they are a contender for a state championship, but compared to what the program has been through the past six or seven years, I would say winning a regional championship, would be making some noise.
I have a hard time believing Collins would leave a top 3 team in 4A with one of the best lines in the state to go to Breathitt which has zero line. But hey l, I hope he does. Would be great for us!
Tough district for him.

I'm sure he would rather run for a thousand yards against jenkins.
I hope he does. Of course who will watch that game? Everyone will be at our game vs them or when they play Lex Cath. All I know is some of you Breathitt folks should start offering up some loot. I need him out of our new district.
Breathitt and Leslie should easily be the favorites to win the District. The game went to the wire last year. Leslie didn’t lose much, not sure about Breathitt.
JustThinking Wrote:Couple years ago everyone was saying Breathitt was playing too hard of a schedule. Well here is one where they could go 10-0.

Lol. They don’t have a chance of going 10-0. They can contend for the District, but 10-0, not gonna happen no time soon for the Bobcats.
Hambley Wrote:Super weak schedule but these days with realignment and such it’s tough to fill all the weeks. I remember Pikeville only getting like 7-8 games a couple years ago and had to go out of state to fill the schedule. Not saying that’s what happened here but either way Bobcats shouldn’t lose many.

It is a weak schedule and I have to agree with you as far as tough filling schedules. After Huntington, Cabell Midland, and NCC either dropped us or the contract ran out, Belfry has tried everything they can to fill their schedule and the best they could do was 9 games so far. And it's looking like that's all we'll get. We had a 10th game but it was a suspect school out of Ohio that we had to drop. At this point, unless we can talk the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame to come to Pond Creek or let us drop by South Bend, the Pirates are looking at 2 bye weeks this year. Sad.
BoyleCo Wrote:I have a hard time believing Collins would leave a top 3 team in 4A with one of the best lines in the state to go to Breathitt which has zero line. But hey l, I hope he does. Would be great for us!

The rumor is that John Collins is one of the front runners for the Girls head coaching position at Breathitt. So, if this is the case, it makes a little more sense on why he would leave such a good situation at Anderson.
Why would you do that to your son during his senior year, just to coach girls basketball?
He did it this week.
Tommy2tone Wrote:He did it this week.

So, did Collins officially take the job? I haven't heard anything.
Heard Breathitt lost their QB and #1 WR any truth to this?
hs athletics fan Wrote:Heard Breathitt lost their QB and #1 WR any truth to this?

O'Hara? Where was he supposed to transfer to?