Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2019
CA Collins will play at Breathitt this season. I couldn’t be happier. He is one of the top running backs in the state and Breathitt win games they would have lost due to how good he is. I do think the lack of line play will limit them however. If they really did lose their QB and top WR, that hurts.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Heard Breathitt lost their QB and #1 WR any truth to this?

I haven't heard anything about this, but nothing would surprise me anymore in the world of high school recruiting. I did hear that Collins will be transferring back to Breathitt.
Collins is officially a Bobcat. This is huge "shot in the arm" for the program.
BoyleCo Wrote:CA Collins will play at Breathitt this season. I couldn’t be happier. He is one of the top running backs in the state and Breathitt win games they would have lost due to how good he is. I do think the lack of line play will limit them however. If they really did lose their QB and top WR, that hurts.

Get happy, because Collins is at Breathitt.
Such an odd move. Leave a school where you had a shot at a title and go to one that has no chance. Makes no sense. I live it though. Maybe Beau Allen and Darion Dearinger want to go to Breathitt too. How bout Longmire and half of Johnson Central too.
BoyleCo Wrote:Such an odd move. Leave a school where you had a shot at a title and go to one that has no chance. Makes no sense. I live it though. Maybe Beau Allen and Darion Dearinger want to go to Breathitt too. How bout Longmire and half of Johnson Central too.

It's called Job, Job and Job. Could be the tropical climate and sandy beaches. lol
Who is the toughest team on Breathitt’s schedule? Leslie County?
I was on the KHSSA scoreboard site and noticed Breathitt lost their game with clay County. Have they or does it look like they'll be able to pick up a 10th game?
BoyleCo Wrote:Such an odd move. Leave a school where you had a shot at a title and go to one that has no chance. Makes no sense. I live it though. Maybe Beau Allen and Darion Dearinger want to go to Breathitt too. How bout Longmire and half of Johnson Central too.

Makes about as much sense as your position rankings.
jgrlzz Wrote:I was on the KHSSA scoreboard site and noticed Breathitt lost their game with clay County. Have they or does it look like they'll be able to pick up a 10th game?

It looks like on the Clay County Schedule that Breathitt game was removed and Magoffin County added. Good luck Breathitt on finding another game.
Cat Daddy Wrote:The Bobcats are looking to build off an 8-4 season last year. They return the majority of their skill players, but the offensive and defensive lines are going to take a hit due to graduation. The schedule is very favorable, and the new alignment, puts the bobcats in the "thick of things" for a regional championship. What are your thoughts?

Aug 23 at Jenkins
Aug 30 vs. Clay County
Sep 6 at Magoffin County
Sep 13 vs. Estill County
Sep 20 vs. Powell County
Sep 27 at Middlesboro (District Game)
Oct 4 vs. Morgan County (District Game)
Oct 18 at Knott County Central (District Game)
Oct 25 at Leslie County (District Game)
Nov 1 vs. Pike County Central

Is their quarterback from last year still with the team?
WestCarterComet Wrote:Is their quarterback from last year still with the team?

Yes.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Is their quarterback from last year still with the team?

Aug 23 at Jenkins
Aug 30 vs. Clay County
Sep 6 at Magoffin County
Sep 13 vs. Estill County
Sep 20 vs. Powell County

With Collins and the solid core they have back I am going to say Breathitt puts together a tremendous year. The drop to 2A will also benefit them as I don't see a team in District 8 that I would say should hands down beat them.

I am going to call my shot at say 13-1 with a Regional Title before getting beat soundly in the Semi's.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Aug 23 at Jenkins
Aug 30 vs. Clay County
Sep 6 at Magoffin County
Sep 13 vs. Estill County
Sep 20 vs. Powell County

With Collins and the solid core they have back I am going to say Breathitt puts together a tremendous year. The drop to 2A will also benefit them as I don't see a team in District 8 that I would say should hands down beat them.

I am going to call my shot at say 13-1 with a Regional Title before getting beat soundly in the Semi's.

Breathitt County is in District 7 not 8
WestCarterComet Wrote:Breathitt County is in District 7 not 8

District 8 is who they would play in the playoffs and why I have them at 13 wins. I dont see anyone in their Region that I think beats them on paper right now.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:District 8 is who they would play in the playoffs and why I have them at 13 wins. I dont see anyone in their Region that I think beats them on paper right now.

With the new RPI system it’s not guaranteed that they will play the District 8 winner for a region championship though.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:District 8 is who they would play in the playoffs and why I have them at 13 wins. I dont see anyone in their Region that I think beats them on paper right now.

Agree. Breathitt will probably be the best of a very very average group of teams on the Eastern side of 2A
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Agree. Breathitt will probably be the best of a very very average group of teams on the Eastern side of 2A

And what happens if Breathitt meets Beechwood for the region championship....
WestCarterComet Wrote:And what happens if Breathitt meets Beechwood for the region championship....

Although Beechwood May be on the Eastern side....I’m referencing the actual EASTERN part of 2A. Beechwood will roll thru whoever advances to the semi-finals
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Although Beechwood May be on the Eastern side....I’m referencing the actual EASTERN part of 2A. Beechwood will roll thru whoever advances to the semi-finals

It is not guaranteed Breathitt County plays the district 8 champion. They could also play the district 5 or 6 champion. Is that not how the new RPI system works?
WestCarterComet Wrote:And what happens if Breathitt meets Beechwood for the region championship....

Beachwood would win.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Beechwood is beatable. Dang yall make them out to be the Green Bay Packers or something. Wouldnt be surprised to see Breathitt win a state title.
I would put Breathitt's skill kids and QB up against anyone in 2A this year. The biggest question mark for the bobcats will be their line play. They lost three or four starters off of last years team, but they have some promising young talent coming up. Not having an experienced line would be the difference maker, when playing a team like Beechwood. I did hear a rumor about a lineman transferring to Breathitt. Any one have any ideas on who that might be?

"Great season Bobcats! Go have a nice Christmas."
Cat Daddy Wrote:I would put Breathitt's skill kids and QB up against anyone in 2A this year. The biggest question mark for the bobcats will be their line play. They lost three or four starters off of last years team, but they have some promising young talent coming up. Not having an experienced line would be the difference maker, when playing a team like Beechwood. I did hear a rumor about a lineman transferring to Breathitt. Any one have any ideas on who that might be?

I heard the same thing. Very interested to see who it is.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Makes about as much sense as your position rankings.

😂 I’m sorry your son wasn’t mentioned. I’m sure he is good enough. Coaches and media and scouts missed him but I’m sure he is awesome. Maybe next year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I would put Breathitt's skill kids and QB up against anyone in 2A this year. The biggest question mark for the bobcats will be their line play. They lost three or four starters off of last years team, but they have some promising young talent coming up. Not having an experienced line would be the difference maker, when playing a team like Beechwood. I did hear a rumor about a lineman transferring to Breathitt. Any one have any ideas on who that might be?

O’hara, Collins, and Slaughter is a very good trio. Who are their other impact skill players?
Dalton Manns had some big games for them as a RB last year. Don't know how many touches he gets this year with Collins aboard, but he's good.
mandan Wrote:Dalton Manns had some big games for them as a RB last year. Don't know how many touches he gets this year with Collins aboard, but he's good.

Collins and O’Hara should lead the team in rushes just like Gross and O’Hara did last year I would think. I wonder how they’ll handle everyone up front graduating.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Beechwood is beatable. Dang yall make them out to be the Green Bay Packers or something. Wouldnt be surprised to see Breathitt win a state title.

Mayfield will win the title