Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2019
Statebound19 Wrote:I think Jaylen will be big more on Defense than anything!!! I think I heard he had 8-9 interceptions in passing tournament at South Laurel . I not one put a lot stock in that because you know what there doing but with that been said 8-9 interceptions in one tournament is pretty impressive!!!! He has makeup to be a really good safety!!! But offensively he will have hard time getting on field depending on what formation and (bar no injuries )Bobcats are running!!! Slaughter will be a force this year!!! Teams will not double cover because of our running game and other receivers. O’Hara may not put up rushing numbers he did last year because he won’t have to because he will have Collins in backfield. However I think his passing yards will go up and so will completions. I honestly think they will have best offense in Eastern Ky and 2nd only Mayfield in 2A. They will average close 50 points a game. Defense will be a lot better as well this year!!!!!

What kind of O and D lines does Breathitt have? They willl have the offense no doubt, but they will need some good hog mollies to block.
Let me start off by saying I am a bobcat fan, who has followed the teams since the Pre Holcomb era.
But this team is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Look at all the new players we have this year that have "relocated". Why would someone move to Jackson, KY. There are no jobs or vast economic opportunities that I see of and I have lived here over 40 years. What's even more puzzling is all these new families have star athletes just dieing to play for a team that hasn't been relevant in nearly a decade, that doesn't have a new innovative coach or anywhere near the best facilities even in East KY. I hope all is on the up and up but to me it looks like we have become the Roderick Rhodes era Cordia Lions. Not a position anyone should strive for
Who all they got besides Long kid? Collins is a Breathitt kid. About 98 percent of the team is home grown boys. Dont be a hater.
The stud receiver from Indiana
Then slaughter was gone now he's back all of a sudden.
Then Long that's 3 studs right there
I hope they bring a 4th title back to Jackson but don't want it vacated the next year or postseason probation like Cordia
Take away 2 of those 3 and we aren't talking state were talking about great regular season 9-1 probably and 3rd rd. Exit in playoffs. With them we are 10-0 clearly 2nd best if not best team in 2a. More than likely 13-0 going into Mayfield That's a big difference
bac2369 Wrote:What kind of O and D lines does Breathitt have? They willl have the offense no doubt, but they will need some good hog mollies to block.

The Offense of line will be fairly new!!! The do have William Long Kid who was all State last year at Center. Holcomb Grandson the Hogg kid who is about 6-4 will be big for us this year on offense and defense offense line. I think they return one other kid went both ways. Conner Deaton is a huge kid be soph and he 6-7 on offense of line. Evan Miller 6-2 freshman made Kentucky-Tennessee Allstars team this year maybe call in for action. The line will be one biggest line Breathitt had in many years.
wolfcat Wrote:The stud receiver from Indiana
Then slaughter was gone now he's back all of a sudden.
Then Long that's 3 studs right there
I hope they bring a 4th title back to Jackson but don't want it vacated the next year or postseason probation like Cordia
Take away 2 of those 3 and we aren't talking state were talking about great regular season 9-1 probably and 3rd rd. Exit in playoffs. With them we are 10-0 clearly 2nd best if not best team in 2a. More than likely 13-0 going into Mayfield That's a big difference

Really truthfully Breathitt has had one kid come in for Transfer. The other kids have family ties to Breathitt. Collins kid always wanted to come back. The Dad wanted all kids graduate from Breathitt. The Weddell kid move here last year he was just surprise. His Dad lives in Breathitt Co. Slaughter left because his mom went to work in Georgetown and when job didn’t work out she came back. Long would be really only transfer and his family just wanted fresh start. Breathitt Co may not have abundance of jobs but what have is really great community and close knit one as well. What we do have we’re proud off. May not have best facilities like we did in 90’s but we take care what we have. Breathitt Co takes pride in football and I hope they return to top this year because there going be good for next 8 years at least.
Statebound19 Wrote:The Offense of line will be fairly new!!! The do have William Long Kid who was all State last year at Center. Holcomb Grandson the Hogg kid who is about 6-4 will be big for us this year on offense and defense offense line. I think they return one other kid went both ways. Conner Deaton is a huge kid be soph and he 6-7 on offense of line. Evan Miller 6-2 freshman made Kentucky-Tennessee Allstars team this year maybe call in for action. The line will be one biggest line Breathitt had in many years.

Breathitt will go as far as their offensive and defensive lines takes them. We all know about Long, but who else is going to step up and be effective? Hogg played defensive end last year, but can he play on the offensive side of the ball? I know Deaton is going to be a stud and he got some valuable playing time last year, so he should be another solid lineman, but he is just a sophomore. The Spencer kid, will be a starter on both sides of the ball, with some experience as well, as a senior. The Miller kid, will be one heck of a player in the future, but how much can be asked of him as a freshman? I truly believe we have the QB and skill kids in place to compete with anyone, but in the end, it's going to come down to line play.
Statebound19 Wrote:Really truthfully Breathitt has had one kid come in for Transfer. The other kids have family ties to Breathitt. Collins kid always wanted to come back. The Dad wanted all kids graduate from Breathitt. The Weddell kid move here last year he was just surprise. His Dad lives in Breathitt Co. Slaughter left because his mom went to work in Georgetown and when job didn’t work out she came back. Long would be really only transfer and his family just wanted fresh start. Breathitt Co may not have abundance of jobs but what have is really great community and close knit one as well. What we do have we’re proud off. May not have best facilities like we did in 90’s but we take care what we have. Breathitt Co takes pride in football and I hope they return to top this year because there going be good for next 8 years at least.

I hope your right. I would love to see some big games with statewide attention on the Riverbank like back in late a 90s and early 2000s.
It all just seems to good to be true with this year's team.
My prediction on the season is 0 or 1 losses in the regular season. It we lose a game in the regular season it does not bode well for the 3rd round of the playoffs because the schedule is weak. The lack of competition in the regular season will lead to many mercy rule games and a lot of confidence going into the playoffs. Confidence is a powerful thing and while I do not expect the Bobcats to win the title, they will be competitive against the 3rd round opponent. If they lose 1 game in the regular season that changes my prediction for the playoffs drastically. Based on the schedule if any game is within 12 points that is a bad sign against any 3rd opponent.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:My prediction on the season is 0 or 1 losses in the regular season. It we lose a game in the regular season it does not bode well for the 3rd round of the playoffs because the schedule is weak. The lack of competition in the regular season will lead to many mercy rule games and a lot of confidence going into the playoffs. Confidence is a powerful thing and while I do not expect the Bobcats to win the title, they will be competitive against the 3rd round opponent. If they lose 1 game in the regular season that changes my prediction for the playoffs drastically. Based on the schedule if any game is within 12 points that is a bad sign against any 3rd opponent.
Will be watching how the QB has improved on mid level accuracy and health. The line will need to protect the QB as he was beaten up last season.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[quote=Cat Daddy]The only team on another level in 2A, in my opinion, would be Mayfield. Beechwood lost too much from last years championship team, and I truly believe Breathitt, Somerset, and a few others are capable of beating Beechwood this year. When you have to replace the majority of your team, it's hard to be at the same level, you were at the year before. Only time will tell.[/QUOTE

Somehow teams like Beechwood seem to find those replacements but time will tell. I think you mentioned a dark horse in the discussion in Somerset. They are going to be really good the next couple of years too.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Somehow teams like Beechwood seem to find those replacements but time will tell. I think you mentioned a dark horse in the discussion in Somerset. They are going to be really good the next couple of years too.

Whole lot of truth in this post.

Beechwood always is so good at the line of scrimmage and that gives them such a big advantage in small school football. They also have a darn good dual threat QB to build around.

Somerset is easily a Top 5 team at worst this year. This should be the best Somerset team they have had in a while. A D-1 QB, a very good RB, a stud LB, and plenty of additional experience around them.

I like what I am seeing from Breathitt and Collins may very well the best Senior in Class 2A this year, I definitely think Breathitt has potential to have a breakthrough year. With that said, my two concerns with Breathitt that gives me hesitancy is A) They really did not impress me at all at the LOS in 2018 B) Their schedule leaves a ton to be desired in terms of battle testing them and acclimating them to the speed of the game against better teams.

Getting Long certainly helps their LOS issues, but not sure it solves it. The schedule cant be ignored. The best thing Breathitt can do is just win. Build confidence and try to play in Jackson as much as possible in the playoffs.
Where’s the district games being played