Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Cossing's 1st Coach?
barrel Wrote:Beechwood: I formation base. Small spread package.
Central: I formation/ one back base with a very small poor spread package.
CAL: I didn’t watch but would guess Spread with maybe a small under center package. Someone else can correct that one.
Franklin Simpson: Wing-t
Male: lines up in the spread but they might as well of been single wing. They spent most of the game in empty pounding the QB on power, counter and a little zone.
South Warren: I’m not sure but I believe they are an under center team with maybe a small spread package. The classic Smith family offense was a one back offense under center.

Some one can correct me here but of the teams that lost in the title game.
4 spread
1 wing-t
1 full house belly based
How many ran the wishbone? Smile
What did Chappell run at his last stop?
pjdoug Wrote:Not a joke. You read it wrong. It is fun, and can get more kids on the team involved because more of them get to touch the ball.

2 Running backs over 1,000yds another around 600, WR around 600 and he missed 2 games what else do you want. That spread will get you fired in high school unless you have a great to solid defense. To answer Barrel question he ran the spread got beat 61-0 last game. Like I said only 3-4 people applied I'm sure he is a great guy, but in my honest opinion he is getting the job because no one else will touch it. He will get some help from a former HC is the word.
I will eat crow if he doesn't get the job, will not be the first time I've been wrong and will not be the last. I'm done posting until Coach is announced
Hearing Chappell front runner also, heard that a month or 2 ago that's who they wanted after he became available but things can change, he could end up on Corbin's staff possibly. Just the word from the local (Floyds Barbershop). Confusednicker:
Whoever it is will have their work cutout for them. Best of luck to them.

As far as the wing-t goes it is one of the most flexible offenses there is. You can feed a stud or spread the wealth. You can play smash mouth or sling it around the field. You can do all of that year to year without an offensive overhaul. I know most DCs would much rather see a spread than the wing-t. That thing is royal pain.
pjdoug Wrote:I believe truth. Do you know that there are also lots of horrible teams that run Wing-T? Which offenses did the past year's state championship teams run? give us a breakdown.

You believe "popular opinion".

You can't even name the teams that run true wing t- how about you do that first- because I can.

Nobody is saying that teams that run the Wing T, Wishbone, Flexbone, etc aren't very good....the point is, and you know this, that when teams run these and aren't good- it's magnified.

You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

Don't be a puppet.

Jeff Monken at Army is the FIRST coach EVER in the programs history to win 10 games in back to back years- his name WAS NEVER mentioned in taking over any of the big time programs this year. Know why? What they run despite it winning.

You know exactly how things are portrayed and seen. Don't play.
pjdoug Wrote:How many ran the wishbone? Smile

Johnson Central bases out of the bone and has been there to the finals three years.

LaRue County has only won 18 games the last two years- going 10-2 and then 8-6 going to the state-semis after losing 23 seniors off their 2017 team. They won ONLY their 2nd region title in the programs 60+ year history basing out of the bone.
barrel Wrote:Beechwood: I formation base. Small spread package.
Central: I formation/ one back base with a very small poor spread package.
CAL: I didn’t watch but would guess Spread with maybe a small under center package. Someone else can correct that one.
Franklin Simpson: Wing-t
Male: lines up in the spread but they might as well of been single wing. They spent most of the game in empty pounding the QB on power, counter and a little zone.
South Warren: I’m not sure but I believe they are an under center team with maybe a small spread package. The classic Smith family offense was a one back offense under center.

Some one can correct me here but of the teams that lost in the title game.
4 spread
1 wing-t
1 full house belly based

CAL lives in 11, 12, 20, 21, 22 personnel sets. I didn't watch the game this year or any of their films from this year, but if going on past years- those sets are what they are and at least 50/50 UC to Gun...if not more UC.

South Warren, like CAL, 50/50 (pure guessing here, but close to this) UC & Gun and love to make life miserable from 12 personnel.
barrel Wrote:Whoever it is will have their work cutout for them. Best of luck to them.

As far as the wing-t goes it is one of the most flexible offenses there is. You can feed a stud or spread the wealth. You can play smash mouth or sling it around the field. You can do all of that year to year without an offensive overhaul. I know most DCs would much rather see a spread than the wing-t. That thing is royal pain.

Damn right they would.

Neither, without players, are worth a damn...like anything else.

But seeing some Mr. Johnny Thick Ankles-Average Arm in the gun because his coach and everybody else thinks it's going to "get the community and program" excited back there taking snaps in the Gun makes for a long night (for them), but a fun one for their opponents more times than not.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:You believe "popular opinion".

You can't even name the teams that run true wing t- how about you do that first- because I can.

Nobody is saying that teams that run the Wing T, Wishbone, Flexbone, etc aren't very good....the point is, and you know this, that when teams run these and aren't good- it's magnified.

You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

Don't be a puppet.

Jeff Monken at Army is the FIRST coach EVER in the programs history to win 10 games in back to back years- his name WAS NEVER mentioned in taking over any of the big time programs this year. Know why? What they run despite it winning.

You know exactly how things are portrayed and seen. Don't play.

I believe "truth" like I said, and your opinion ain't the gospel. You have no idea what I can do, and you are not the one that I seek wisdom from.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Johnson Central bases out of the bone and has been there to the finals three years.

LaRue County has only won 18 games the last two years- going 10-2 and then 8-6 going to the state-semis after losing 23 seniors off their 2017 team. They won ONLY their 2nd region title in the programs 60+ year history basing out of the bone.

it's one of my favorite offenses to watch when executed properly. Don't even think that another offense is my favorite, because I say it is fun and lets a lot of kids touch the ball.
Any breaking news on GC's first coach?
Meet and greet coaches Monday Feb. 4th. I would tell but I'm not allowed.
Its probably Chappel
Iam4thecats Wrote:Its probably Chappel

I hope so, he will do well with time.
Chappell to Great Crossing is now official. Congrats to Coach Chappell!!
Congrats to Chappel. He got let go and moved upward. Well done and best of luck.
If the kid from Tates Creek comes back to Scott Co Chappell might have a pretty exciting QB for the next two years.
Congrats for Chappell he will do fine job.