Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Estill County
rebounder8 Wrote:The girl who was assistant at Madison Central, probably the only one out of the candidates who could coach high school....

Who all applied?
Have they hired for position yet?
I've not seen or heard anything yet.
Any news yet?
rebounder8 Wrote:I believe Mark Reece former Scott County coach who lives in Estill County will take the job on interim base, Mark knows the game he lives in Estill County was head coach at 2 Fayette County Schools. Mark will do it for a couple years during the transition...This is my guess ...no facts....just rumors...

No way!! Don’t think he knows as much as he leads everyone to think. Pretty sure he helped the middle school a couple years ago and won only 8-9 games with the 8th grade and 12-14 with 7th. Last year 8th grade went undefeated and think 7th only lost 3 games.
No on Mark Reece. Interviews started this past Monday. Hoping they think smart on this one. Late in the game, but not so late to not do the right thing. True, politics will always exist, but to minimize it, you gotta go outside. Only option on this hire. Everyone knows it’ll be a down year, but not all hope is lost. Pitching will be a concern, yet offense will help the cause. Good group coming the next few years, but isn’t it always there where the bluegrass kisses the mountains?
No POSSIBLE way on Reece. Onlyiknow is completely accurate on the data. He seems to be a descent guy, but not right for this program.
Lowdown Wrote:No on Mark Reece. Interviews started this past Monday. Hoping they think smart on this one. Late in the game, but not so late to not do the right thing. True, politics will always exist, but to minimize it, you gotta go outside. Only option on this hire. Everyone knows it’ll be a down year, but not all hope is lost. Pitching will be a concern, yet offense will help the cause. Good group coming the next few years, but isn’t it always there where the bluegrass kisses the mountains?

Who applied/interviewed?
Amy Kaylor is the new head coach at Estill. She was the former asst coach of Madison Central and played 4 years at EKU. She will keep this program rolling through the 14th region.
I heard her assistant also played at the collegiate level. Pretty impressive move for Estill County!
Not saying she won’t do great, wishing her the best but playing in college doesn’t mean you will be a good coach. My biggest worry is dealing with everything off the field. Following up a local legend she is going to be 2nd guessed every time she loses.
Agree
True. She’ll be second guessed. But who wouldn’t be??? If Coach Wood had taken over the program...he would be second guessed on losses as well. Shirley is a KHSAA hall of famer, but so is Coach Wood...but he’d be second guessed nonetheless. Some people never want change...and look for every flaw after the fact. Sometimes change is good...and it will be on this one. Just remember I told ya so when they win...and in the meantime y’all can say the same when they lose.
Look for this group of freshman to make some noise when they’re juniors and seniors
I will agree with you on that engineerfan. Good looking group. Have stayed together for a bit and that makes a difference. However, things happen along the way as kids get older. They start picking and choosing and some decide not to play multiple sports. Ya just never know. If they do stick together, or the majority of them, they could make noise in time. With a different style of coaching than they are used to...with the new coach...may make all the difference in the world. Will be interesting. Until then....
Yes, anything can happen during the course of high school. That was a problem with Estill the past 4 or 5 years. There was lots of talent that either left or quit the program. Hopefully the new coach can get buy in and continue the dominance in the 14th region and get us to where we can compete with the rest of the state.
Absolutely!!! Knowing they may not be what they’ve been in the past is understandable. In time...Would like to see them make it to state and not go one and done. I have driven to Owensboro too many times in order to go winless. Hoping the new coach does get buy in and they both (her and players) compliment one another and can have a great season and greater seasons to come.
Amy Kaylor new head coach at Estill, she was assistant at Madison Central, and use to be head coach at Mode....she played her college ball at Eastern Kentucky University.