Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville now searching for a coach!!
four quarters Wrote:2018 is slippin’ away. Any prognosticators out there with picks/choices/ideas for 2019? (be appropriate) ex.. Middlesboro will have more wins in 2019 than they did in 2018.

All the teams in Bell County will be improved.
Would Pineville be interested in Zac Massengill?
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Would Pineville be interested in Zac Massengill?

No disrespect but no, nor do I think he is interested.
Coach Massengill might do better if he was ever given the chance. I actually like him very much. From what I hear he is a very hard worker. Not sure what the problem was at Middlesboro. He worked under some very good coaches before coming to Middlesboro. I don't think Pineville would be a good move for either of them. However, I do think he would be a good assistant there.
any news or updates
Interviews next week, announcement next Friday.
Any idea on applicants? How many?
15-18 is what I was told, 2 call in by 2 very good coaches. Hoping they apply.
Assistant coaches around here or any head coaches in the area?
I have no clue, just heard how many.
Do they have positions open? Did Elam leave over Christmas break or is he still there? Sometimes they are created, but I didn’t know if they have anything for a new coach.
Looks like French is still available and I haven’t seen anything on Chappell. I would think Pineville would have some applicants, but what about other schools. Bell, Middlesboro, Knox.....it will be interesting because Elam had been there a long time.
any news or updates
The word in Town is that Coach Randy Frazier will take the head coaching job and continue doing Asst Principal job..
Good move!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:The word in Town is that Coach Randy Frazier will take the head coaching job and continue doing Asst Principal job..
Good move!

Great hire Randy is first class and a defensive guru. Hope they make it work for both parties.
Frazier would be a great hire for the Mountain Lions, no doubt.
When did they announce Frazier as head coach?
This is just what has been told. No announcement. Interviews first of next week and announcement comes friday of next week. I would be surprised and pleased if this were true. I will ask him directly today, I don't know if he has even applied.
four quarters Wrote:When did they announce Frazier as head coach?
They didn't.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Great hire Randy is first class and a defensive guru. Hope they make it work for both parties.

I liked him being the defensive coordinator for Whitley County.
Anything on the coaching position today?
Hearing today a couple coaches to be interviewed will be here Tuesday. So should hear something on our job middle of next week.
Frazier is experienced and knows the ball game, the kids will like playing for him. Would be a very solid hire by Pineville.
If they go with Frazier they are getting a former Bell assistant. That is the way to go! (I know his resume goes far beyond that, just had to point that fact out).
ArJay Wrote:If they go with Frazier they are getting a former Bell assistant. That is the way to go! (I know his resume goes far beyond that, just had to point that fact out).

I have heard him say he actually moved to this area to coach under Dudley Hilton when he first moved here. Dudley has had several assistants that have been very good coaches.
Several very good ones....Wayne Mills took Dudley leftovers and did good, but moved into his kids and went 9-3..lost in the 2nd round and to Middlesboro. Arthur Carter went to Jackson County and went 1-30. Not all were successful. Good assistants at some places like Greer, Mills, Callebs, Yankee just to name a few. Fred is really getting something going.
And when Carter left Jackson Co, what did he do? I don't think you know.
Who is Caleb’s ?
Callebs is Bo. Arthur is coaching down in Florida.
I was talking about how well he did. He has been successful in FL. Not too many have been successful in Jackson Co. so hard to judge someone from that. It's all good