Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville now searching for a coach!!
Bart Elam has resigned as head football coach at Pineville.
Article is located here. He resigned to pursue college level jobs.

https://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Pine...12231.html
Frazier??? Let the man take control.
Would imagine he ends up at Cumberland’s with JB
Coach Elam has been a wonderful leader of our football program. I understand he will be the OC at Union is the buzz. He will stay here as a teacher is what I am hearing. Good luck Coach
Big loss for the Lions. He had the ability to get kids to play over their heads.
I wonder if Pineville will hire someone on staff already or go for someone outside the program? Coach Elam had a pretty good staff put together the last few years
This could beginning of the end of Pineville football. Numbers are a problem for them and the facilities are in need of major renovations, I don’t k kw the schools budget situation but I could see the viability of the program being an issue in the future.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Frazier??? Let the man take control.

He's a good one.
Bell is circling like vultures.
Elam is a good coach in a tough situation. He did very well with very little. Big loss for the Mountain Lions. The numbers situation will make it difficult to find quality replacement.
They better get a great hire or they will continue to build Bell's program as they have for years.
fridaynightfights Wrote:This could beginning of the end of Pineville football. Numbers are a problem for them and the facilities are in need of major renovations, I don’t k kw the schools budget situation but I could see the viability of the program being an issue in the future.

If us beating you last year didn't put a end to yours then rest assured we will be fine. Thanks for your concern, but your program is in way worse shape than ours and nothing says you don't hire the home boy that sinks yours.
E's Army Wrote:Bell is circling like vultures.

We have the video cameras out and if Dudley thinks Adair turned him in wait till we set him up like some want to. That includes Young from Middlesboro, be careful.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Elam is a good coach in a tough situation. He did very well with very little. Big loss for the Mountain Lions. The numbers situation will make it difficult to find quality replacement.

Like the administration situation at Middlesboro? Or just the fact that MHS sucks?
Coach Elam is a respectful , knowledgeable Coach that never bent or broke the rules, unlike some that have proven to struggle when they can't recruit.
For anyone to even suggest Pineville ask Coach Elam to step down is ridiculous.
The hill is always looking and lurking
Elam leaving will put Pineville reeling I’m afraid. He says he left it much better but where does it go because he left?
I’m not sure how big of a hire they can make now...it needs to be a good one. Players will be headed to Bell and KC real quick and Middlesboro as well if they make the right hire. Ole Dud will be raking em in to Bell if the other schools don’t make a hire quick.
Pineville will hire before Christmas, hearing they are already making plans to announce Jan. 3rd

This hire may have some players that are unhappy in those places on their way to Pineville. Most will find that hard to believe, just sit back and watch.
TheBoz Wrote:Pineville will hire before Christmas, hearing they are already making plans to announce Jan. 3rd

This hire may have some players that are unhappy in those places on their way to Pineville. Most will find that hard to believe, just sit back and watch.

Go Mountain Lions!
Chappell would fit here. Kids love him. He could keep the numbers respectable.
TheBoz Wrote:Like the administration situation at Middlesboro? Or just the fact that MHS sucks?

I was giving the man a compliment. He was a heck of a high school coach. You guys are done now. You beat middlesboro then lost every game in your district, make a plaque for 2018 and put that in your lobby, it will be a measure you won't see in the years ahead.

Bell and Middlesboro about to pick up a few of what was left in Pineville (which wasn't much). You guys need to be one of those little mountain schools that just plays Basketball.

I believe Elam had built up some talent at that little school of yours with some kids from Knox & Harlan. Hope you enjoyed the ride.
Elam is a really good coach. He wanted out of Pineville for a number of years but lost the political run for the Knox Central Job.

Not that Pineville was some 1A power, in fact, back of the pack, but that man worked hard to keep them off life support. Rainier days ahead for mountain lion football.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:I was giving the man a compliment. He was a heck of a high school coach. You guys are done now. You beat middlesboro then lost every game in your district, make a plaque for 2018 and put that in your lobby, it will be a measure you won't see in the years ahead.

Bell and Middlesboro about to pick up a few of what was left in Pineville (which wasn't much). You guys need to be one of those little mountain schools that just plays Basketball.

I believe Elam had built up some talent at that little school of yours with some kids from Knox & Harlan. Hope you enjoyed the ride.

The sad part is if Middlesboro were in this district you would have finished last and not made playoffs. LOL
TheBoz Wrote:The sad part is if Middlesboro were in this district you would have finished last and not made playoffs. LOL

You know what's sad,

Middlesboro high school has a future ahead of it and is about to pay a football coach more then Pineville can pay all three of it's boys varsity coaches combined.

Pineville High school will be closed within five years. Enjoy looking backwards, you will be relegated to it pretty soon. Confusedhh:

Peace
Reality is the present and your program is what many on here call a dumpster fire. What was your sons high school football record? Enjoy and remember that as you hope for a hire that may turn it around. Wasn’t Friday the day? Has it been postponed?
Best of luck with your hire but if you think your football program is in better shape than ours there is no arguing with stupidity. I have read your post and for the length of your sons career you were in denial. Now that it is over you saw the light. Just a bit late. This is a rivalry games so I understand the emotional response but I am done with responding to you unless you feel the need to bash our coaches , program or school. Good luck
I half read this thread title at first and nearly needed to be hospitalized....SHEW!
Tri-State Fan seems to think that he knows everything about Pineville. There has been talk for years that it was closing, but it is as strong as ever. Great group of kids coming up so watch what you say.