Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville now searching for a coach!!
Is French bringing a staff or using Zach's?
Chappel for football Thompson super Fraizer for AD and John Smith will be there next baseball coach! Middlesboro coaches that was all winning reunited in pineville... Could all the stars align right...
This is the second time I have heard Smith wanting to move on from Middlesboro, is this true? If so it would be a great pick up for Pineville. However I heard Landrum was hired at Pineville?
What do we loose in Smith?
Bill Powell can be entertained for a second round or is it third round..
Jacket92 Wrote:Not that good!

One of your personalities is a waterboy. I know a good coach when I see one, and Frazier is one of the best.
Pineville will be very lucky to get Frazier, he is a solid coach and person. Not what I have heard but what I know. Don't think that happens though.
TheColonel Wrote:Pineville will be very lucky to get Frazier, he is a solid coach and person. Not what I have heard but what I know. Don't think that happens though.

Do you think he will be an assistant to the coach they hire?
anybody heard anything official or any news or updates on coaching search
four quarters Wrote:Do you think he will be an assistant to the coach they hire?

I do not, and only because I know for fact our administration gaged his interest in this job and he had none. Chappell hire may be different story , he brought Frazier to Whitley and they are very good friends.
TheColonel Wrote:I do not, and only because I know for fact our administration gaged his interest in this job and he had none. Chappell hire may be different story , he brought Frazier to Whitley and they are very good friends.

They are both quality guys. Chappell would do great at Pineville with the support of his friend.
How long will Pineville, Middlesboro and Whitley Co. take to find a coach? Teams are already lifting weights and other preparations for next year.
Weights in November and December are over rated. Kids need a bit of break I would much rather my kids be excited about weightlifting gains and maxes in May June July going into the season than November and December before they have three weeks off for Christmas. Prob another week off for snow. Spring break etc.

Is it awesome to have them there - heck yes. Does it show you kids care - heck yes. Is it gonna make much of a difference in your upcoming season/ not really. Just means they are hungry and that gives you hope. Not much in effect if gains in strength.

I’m not saying that toward any program. I have been around several programs that had lots of success and did it many different ways. Heck 20 years ago they didn’t even hardly lift all year. And Haywood still gives kids off the end of may all June and until July 10. They lift on their own. Works for him. Lots of ways to do things.
Lifting is important - very important for programs trying to catch up to the rest though. So I can understand the statement 4 quarters.
I guess what I was trying to get at is the players need someone in there to push them or let them know their excited no matter how the previous season went. Assistant coaches can do that, but having a head coach in place would be great.
Very very true
They should try to hire a Bell County assistant.
Which one?
I bet Frazier takes the job. Good coach, good hire for Pineville.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:What do we loose in Smith?
Bill Powell can be entertained for a second round or is it third round..

It’s lose... and prob nothing...
four quarters Wrote:Which one?

Any of the main ones. It’s worked really well for Knox Central. I’d say Marple, Napier, Harbin, or Amis would all be good choices. I don’t know how interested they would be though.
Who is Amis and Marple? I don’t recognize the names.
Any word on coach searches anywhere?
any news or updates on the coaching search
Boz, didn’t you say early January announcement. Who’s it coming down to?
any news or updates on coaching search
Anything going on in Pineville, Middlesboro or the other schools coach searching? 2nd semester going to start and no coach after a while means Corbin and Dudley go recruiting.
It’s not just Corbin and Dudley. Knox came down and snatched one from middlesboro in week 10 of the regular season.
time will tell people what will happen hopefully this week
hchs fan Wrote:time will tell people what will happen hopefully this week

time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin into the future
2018 is slippin’ away. Any prognosticators out there with picks/choices/ideas for 2019? (be appropriate) ex.. Middlesboro will have more wins in 2019 than they did in 2018.