Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandale Robinson says.....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'll give my thoughts on this kid when hes no longer a student athlete in KY

I dont want to break any rules here

Until then, Yahtzee!

I can't wait to hear this, I hope he does graduate early because I want to do the same thing.
Regardless of the pressure to stay home I feel like he handled this whole thing very poorly...As far as the potent Nebraska offense I think they averaged 3 points a game more than UK, wish the kid well out in the cornfields...Let’s see how well Scott Frost does without all the local Florida talent...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coaches lie to kids every day in recruiting. People lie on this site very day. Wandale played HIS hand to his liking. Looks like Kentucky was the safety school.
pjdoug Wrote:Nebraska was a powerhouse in the 80's. They haven't been relevant in years, but they will be with their recruiting budget Confusednicker:
Nebraska has had 6 seasons since 1962 with less than 7 wins with two of those four being the last two years. So in over a 55 year time span they are winning 7 or more games a year around 50 times. They we’re always relevant during Osborne’s time which started before the 80 and into the 90s. Their teams in the 90s are considered some of the best all time. I believe they had two heisman trophy winners in the 90s. Granted it’s been 20 years but that is a lot more production and revelantancy than just the 80s.

Football is king in Nebraska. It’s the equivalent of Kentucky basketball here. The amount of fan support and support throughout the state is up there with any program in the country. Frost has learned the game from some of the top coaches currently and in the history of the game.

Agree or disagree with Robinson but Nebraska is one of the most historic programs in the country. Compare Frost’s offense with UK and as a player it’s not really a comparison.
barrel Wrote:Nebraska has had 6 seasons since 1962 with less than 7 wins with two of those four being the last two years. So in over a 55 year time span they are winning 7 or more games a year around 50 times. They we’re always relevant during Osborne’s time which started before the 80 and into the 90s. Their teams in the 90s are considered some of the best all time. I believe they had two heisman trophy winners in the 90s. Granted it’s been 20 years but that is a lot more production and revelantancy than just the 80s.

Football is king in Nebraska. It’s the equivalent of Kentucky basketball here. The amount of fan support and support throughout the state is up there with any program in the country. Frost has learned the game from some of the top coaches currently and in the history of the game.

Agree or disagree with Robinson but Nebraska is one of the most historic programs in the country. Compare Frost’s offense with UK and as a player it’s not really a comparison.

What he said.^^^
Between 1962-1997 Nebraska had a great run, every other year before and after that time is average at best. I’m not saying UK is better historically but Nebraska hasn’t been relevant in 20 years. Frost will succeed but he won’t have that local talent like he had in Florida. I don’t blame anyone for going where the offense fits their strengths, what i fault people for is misleading and lying and tbh UK doesn’t need that kind of shady thinking. Everything worked out for the better in the end for both parties. People should learn from this.
WanDale and a Rondale Moore are close. They work out at the same gym in Louisville. Rondale has flourished in the Big 10 as a freshman. WanDale will do the same. It has nothing to do with UK it has to do with what's best for him and Nebraska is EASILY the best decision.

Watch and see what he does next season in that offense. Gunna be a show!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Between 1962-1997 Nebraska had a great run, every other year before and after that time is average at best. I’m not saying UK is better historically but Nebraska hasn’t been relevant in 20 years. Frost will succeed but he won’t have that local talent like he had in Florida. I don’t blame anyone for going where the offense fits their strengths, what i fault people for is misleading and lying and tbh UK doesn’t need that kind of shady thinking. Everything worked out for the better in the end for both parties. People should learn from this.

I agree. well said.
barrel Wrote:Nebraska has had 6 seasons since 1962 with less than 7 wins with two of those four being the last two years. So in over a 55 year time span they are winning 7 or more games a year around 50 times. They we’re always relevant during Osborne’s time which started before the 80 and into the 90s. Their teams in the 90s are considered some of the best all time. I believe they had two heisman trophy winners in the 90s. Granted it’s been 20 years but that is a lot more production and revelantancy than just the 80s.

Like I said. Nebraska hasn't been relevant in a long time. I watched the Tom Osborne coached team, so I didn't need a history lesson Smile
FoSho Wrote:WanDale and a Rondale Moore are close. They work out at the same gym in Louisville. Rondale has flourished in the Big 10 as a freshman. WanDale will do the same. It has nothing to do with UK it has to do with what's best for him and Nebraska is EASILY the best decision.

Watch and see what he does next season in that offense. Gunna be a show!

bull butter.
You can choose to believe what I'm telling you or live with blue tinted glasses on, the choice is yours. Makes no difference to me.

It was a business decision....and a good one.
FoSho Wrote:You can choose to believe what I'm telling you or live with blue tinted glasses on, the choice is yours. Makes no difference to me.

My choice is to tell you it's a bunch of horse hockey. I don't care where he goes. He handled it poorly.
pjdoug Wrote:My choice is to tell you it's a bunch of horse hockey. I don't care where he goes. He handled it poorly.

....and he said so in his statement, did he not? But "handling it better" and "played UK" are two totally different statements.

He's 17/18 years old..........I think we should take it for what it is and give him the benefit of the doubt.
In the end he got what he wanted, and UK dodged a bullet with shady. He doesn’t make or break UK or Nebraska, just as no player does. However it is a poor start to what may be a great career by misleading, lying, playing a team that was interested and spent time with your family. It’s like i said, people can learn what not to do from this. All is well in UK land, as they are preparing for the Citrus Bowl.

Nebraska Football is no doubt historically significant. However, that being said....there is no comparing Nebraska Football with Kentucky Basketball. Nebraska's fanbase definitely rules their state much like Kentucky Basketball. But that's where the comparison's end. Nebraska football has become regionalized to a large extent. They no longer have the national significance they once had. UK has remained a national power and a true Blue Blood in basketball since it's inception. Nebraska saw it's heyday during the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's....but has slipped mightily on the college football scene. Slipped to the point that they're no longer mentioned with the football blue bloods. For comparison sake....Nebraska football and Indiana basketball have somewhat mirrored each other. Tom Osborne and Bobby Knight. Two Iconic coaches. Once both left....neither program has retained its status nor regained the stature it once had. Still proud programs nonetheless.

Please don't take it as a knock on Nebraska. You have to understand that many local fans on and off this board are just puzzled by the inexplicable draw of Nebraska? Have you been there? :biggrin: I have....a lot. It's ...
well....I'll leave it at that:Thumbs:
FoSho Wrote:You can choose to believe what I'm telling you or live with blue tinted glasses on, the choice is yours. Makes no difference to me.

It was a business decision? Guessing you're referring to his future endeavors. Got it.

Regardless of where he goes and how he gets there.....it does seem to have been handled very poorly if nothing else. Either by him..or his "handlers" Hopefully we can all agree on that.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It was a business decision? Guessing you're referring to his future endeavors. Got it.

Regardless of where he goes and how he gets there.....it does seem to have been handled very poorly if nothing else. Either by him..or his "handlers" Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Rondale Moore had himself a season at Purdue.

Wandale Robinson will have himself a similar season at Nebraska.

Neither would have had this kind of success @ UK. So yes, a business decision for future consideration in the NFL.

What UK fans (me included) SHOULD be concerned with is why this "awesome coaching staff" can't keep the best KY kids home to play football?

WanDale is not the kind of kid that you people are making him out to be.
I believe he has the right to do what ever he wants. Yes I think it could have been handled differently but it wasn’t. Wish the young man success at Nebraska as his buddy is having at Purdue. But one more note I don’t like the big ten at all. I am SEC all the way for what that matters
Best of luck to him at Nebraska., but this whole thing was handled extremely poorly by him. He committed to UK to win Mr. Football, that's obvious enough....
geauxtigers75 Wrote:best of luck to him at nebraska., but this whole thing was handled extremely poorly by him. He committed to uk to win mr. Football, that's obvious enough....

Wow, really?!?! 🙄
I am shocked that someone de-committing from a scholarship bothers you. The way coaches leave and take jobs or commit violations, take another job and leave the kids to pay the price..... Whatever Wandale's reason is for changing his mind is fine with me and it should be with you, too.
Nebraska flipped a commit, UK fans are not use to having that happen. Not use to having a commit that someone else wants. This happens regularly. Get over it and stop bad mouthing the kid.
Ok I’ll agree he handled it poorly just like most kids handle things of this nature, the kid will probably change prom dates half a dozen times before May too, it doesn’t make him a bad person it’s means he’s a KID and most the time kids get the chance to mess up or least they used too. Sorry but I’m wishing him the best of luck I wished Damien the best of luck too when people where saying he’d ride the bench at Bama (How many rings does he have now?). UK’s staff had they’re chance to win over recruits this year and look at the offense they’ve put on the field, no kid who plays RB slot receiver wants to play with a QB like Wilson he’s HORRIBLE!!
FoSho Wrote:Wow, really?!?! 🙄

Well yea, look at the timing. Brilliant move by him, really.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Well yea, look at the timing. Brilliant move by him, really.

Ummm you do understand the award was voted on by coaches correct? Where he was committed had nothing to do with it.

Maybe he just watched how a team underachieved AGAIN and couldn't beat a weak Tennessee team and said, "to heck with it". :Thumbs:
FoSho Wrote:WanDale is not the kind of kid that you people are making him out to be.

I'm not making him out to be anything. Let's get that clear. All I said was that IMO, it was handled poorly.....by either him or his handlers.
single shot Wrote:Ummm you do understand the award was voted on by coaches correct? Where he was committed had nothing to do with it.

I'm aware, but it's a big media move for him to have done so, it gets in the headlines and gets his name out there even more. Not even hating on him, like I said, brilliant move by him.
pjdoug Wrote:speedy and talented athletes signing at UK is what will change the offense. duh :happytear:

He'd have been used like a Ryan Timmons type player. Kid can flat out play. I love KY football, but I don't blame a kid for wanting to go somewhere he will be featured. When Josh Allen and Benny Snell are gone next year, we will be right back at fighting for win number 6 mark.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Nebraska flipped a commit, UK fans are not use to having that happen. Not use to having a commit that someone else wants. This happens regularly. Get over it and stop bad mouthing the kid.
Not one person has bad mouthed him, if telling the truth which is something he failed to do two days ago is bad mouthing then maybe i did.