Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandale Robinson says.....
Wandale Robinson says if Jeff Brohm is hired at UofL he will consider going there instead of UK. Now, i think it’s a pretty crappy thing to come out and say, but these are kids that’s ask these questions on a daily basis, and you can’t fault them for being honest. If true, how many of the other Louisville recruits/UK targets will consider the same. The other day Brohm said he was happy where he was at but things are looking like he is more interested than he’s letting on, which is what most coaches do. How does this affect in state recruiting for the cats?
Demarcus ware Wrote:Wandale Robinson says if Jeff Brohm is hired at UofL he will consider going there instead of UK. Now, i think it’s a pretty crappy thing to come out and say, but these are kids that’s ask these questions on a daily basis, and you can’t fault them for being honest. If true, how many of the other Louisville recruits/UK targets will consider the same. The other day Brohm said he was happy where he was at but things are looking like he is more interested than he’s letting on, which is what most coaches do. How does this affect in state recruiting for the cats?

Prettt unfair to the kid. I wouldn’t say that’s exactly what he said . He is just keeping his options open and doesn’t want to burn any bridges . You never know what shakeups can happen to make a kid want to go elsewhere .
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Prettt unfair to the kid. I wouldn’t say that’s exactly what he said . He is just keeping his options open and doesn’t want to burn any bridges . You never know what shakeups can happen to make a kid want to go elsewhere .
That’s exactly what he said. So no it’s not really unfair to him
Brohm turned the Louisville job down so it doesn't matter now.
Demarcus ware Wrote:That’s exactly what he said. So no it’s not really unfair to him

The kid was just being smart. He doesn’t know Vince marrow doesn’t leave tomorrow . Why would he burn any bridges . Which is what he said .
I never said it wasnt smart, i never even said it was a bad idea, i did however repeat what he was saying and wondering what people thought about it affecting the cats. Made a mountain out of a mole hill man lol. Doesnt matter anyway now which is good for the cats.
Well that’s good for the cats. The AD said he had 4 or 5 names and he wasn’t putting all his eggs in one basket for Brohm. Now let’s wait and see who’s next.

Does anyone actually think Louisville can pull a big name in or would they be better off going with a young up and coming guy? Lots of drama to deal with out there
Honestly thoight they would go hard for Neal Brown.
Anyone see where Trinity high school had to cancel classes over Brohm turning down the job? Apparently someone got really upset over it and called in a threat to the school. Getting a little pathetic over a football coach.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Honestly thoight they would go hard for Neal Brown.
From what I’ve seen he is on the list, BUT BUT people are upset over things he said about the dirty birds when he was in Lexington. He would be a good one IMO. He’s done a pretty stand up job at Troy so far.
Let's be honest here. These kids ain't loyal. None of them.
Theyll flip on a dime if they think it will help them.

Some may agree with the kids, some may not. There's several factors at play from the whole not getting paid thing to decommitments. Long story short, DO NOT get emotionally involved with any college athlete. They do not care about the fans.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let's be honest here. These kids ain't loyal. None of them.
Theyll flip on a dime if they think it will help them.

Some may agree with the kids, some may not. There's several factors at play from the whole not getting paid thing to decommitments. Long story short, DO NOT get emotionally involved with any college athlete. They do not care about the fans.

It is what it is. It's big business. The schools don't care about the kids, and the kids don't care about the schools for the most part. They both use each other to get what they want. I figure I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see Louisville land a good coach. Their stock has certainly dropped as a program and as an athletic program over the last few months so we will have to wait and see how it all shacks down.
They created a mess bringing motorcycle boy back.
Westside Wrote:It is what it is. It's big business. The schools don't care about the kids, and the kids don't care about the schools for the most part. They both use each other to get what they want. I figure I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see Louisville land a good coach. Their stock has certainly dropped as a program and as an athletic program over the last few months so we will have to wait and see how it all shacks down.

Fault people like the rejects at ksr for making verbal commits such as big thing and getting the fan base riled up. Until signing day there is no sense in even interviewing a kid.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fault people like the rejects at ksr for making verbal commits such as big thing and getting the fan base riled up. Until signing day there is no sense in even interviewing a kid.

I agree. Until the university has a signed letter of intent from a guy, it's all speculation.
I can not imagine Neal Brown being the guy. I would be absolutely shocked if that were the case. He wasn't exactly nice to Louisville, and had some pretty bashing things to say, when he was the OC at UK towards them.

I want Brown back at UK when Stoops leaves
Wandale graduates HS in December and is early enrolling at UK, for what it is worth.
cadets1988 Wrote:I can not imagine Neal Brown being the guy. I would be absolutely shocked if that were the case. He wasn't exactly nice to Louisville, and had some pretty bashing things to say, when he was the OC at UK towards them.

I want Brown back at UK when Stoops leaves

I want Dabo to come to UK :yikes:
Was Purdue in his final schools? Is there a relationship with Brohm? Kids & their families often choose a school based on how comfortable they are with a coach.
Watch for Wandales decommitment announcement Wednesday. Either says will open up recruitment or committing to Nebraska, but all signs point to the cornhuskers. Needed that UK commit long enough to secure votes for Mr. Football Confusednicker: Not my saying, that actually came from a reporter lol

In all seriousness, all this has blown up tonight, i just reposted what was said by a few reporters that keep up with all this recruiting stuff, good luck wherever he goes, right now I’d imagine he’s torn. He has Nebraska fans and the state of Ky on his every word, and now you have some fans from both sides tweeting at him, and saying he’s taking cash from both sides. It’s a bit ridiculous, and just another reason people shouldn’t take this commitment stuff serious till they sign on the dotted line.
This did escalate quickly . If only signing day was 2 days ago.
This was the plan all along from what I’ve seen and read. I’m not even the least surprised. You could tell even when the Brahm talk was happening and see how he was in interviews he wasn’t too excited at the thoughts of KY. There are some crazies out there and when he announces today it’s gonna be rough. I hope people remember he’s a kid for one and two who knows what kind of advice was given to him
You all do realize that he was telling the media yesterday that he's signing with UK in December right? Plans to enroll at UK in January. Also screaming UK at the local stars he knows.

Some believe he's gone, some believe he's staying. I don't think anything will happen until Scott Frost comes to Frankfort and has an in-home visit with WanDale, that has yet to happen.

If he goes, does that mean Benny Snell is coming back? Something must be going on behind the scenes because Kentucky doesn't seem too worried about Nebraska recruiting WanDale.
It’s been confirmed already but yeah
Well if it’s not confirmed then there is a rivals reporter that scooped the story that’s gonna look like a fool when it’s over, and he’s not one to publish false reports.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Well if it’s not confirmed then there is a rivals reporter that scooped the story that’s gonna look like a fool when it’s over, and he’s not one to publish false reports.

From what I've seen on twitter from the likes of the media outlets, WanDale has stated that Nebraska is still recruiting him but he plans on signing early with UK in December and plans to enroll in January. He's also talking to other players and trying to get them to come to UK as well.

Lee Howard that works for one of the local news stations, thinks WanDale stays in Lexington after talking with him yesterday. I know you can't always go by that but that's what is going around.

I think a Nebraska recruiting analyst is the one got this all started. He may flip to Nebraska but he may stay in Lexington. who knows?
Strikeout King Wrote:From what I've seen on twitter from the likes of the media outlets, WanDale has stated that Nebraska is still recruiting him but he plans on signing early with UK in December and plans to enroll in January. He's also talking to other players and trying to get them to come to UK as well.

Lee Howard that works for one of the local news stations, thinks WanDale stays in Lexington after talking with him yesterday. I know you can't always go by that but that's what is going around.

I think a Nebraska recruiting analyst is the one got this all started. He may flip to Nebraska but he may stay in Lexington. who knows?
Justin Rowland got it started when he says he confirmed it at 11 last night. He released his article around that time and he’s sticking to his reporting today. Says we will hear from Robinson today. I’ve never known him to be wrong when he says he confirmed it, but like you said who knows.
Herald-Leader Sports

Verified account

@kentuckysports
5h5 hours ago
More
All-American Wandale Robinson hyping UK to other local stars as signing day nears #BBN #Kentucky https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...18780.html

0 replies 3 retweets 12 likes
Reply Retweet 3 Like 12 Direct message
Demarcus ware Wrote:Justin Rowland got it started when he says he confirmed it at 11 last night. He released his article around that time and he’s sticking to his reporting today. Says we will hear from Robinson today. I’ve never known him to be wrong when he says he confirmed it, but like you said who knows.

If I'm not mistaken his parents are wanting him to stay home. I've checked other recruiting boards and nothing has been confirmed as of yet.
Strikeout King Wrote:If I'm not mistaken his parents are wanting him to stay home. I've checked other recruiting boards and nothing has been confirmed as of yet.
I’m anxious to hear. If Rowland’s report was false, I’d think Robinson would have come out today and made a statement and he still may, but the silence is telling IMO. i hope it ain’t true but UK will survive if it is.