Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the Best Squad?
Bring it On Wrote:If you can or ever been as good as Dunbar, you would have the right to talk, to be catty, I doubt you have ever been a state or national champion. Dont worry be Happy:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
I can say it, Im from Greenup, and Dunbar did "waller" all over the floor.:p
Pike County High School Cheer Squads

1) Pikeville - All Around
2) Shelby Valley
3) Belfry
4) Pike Central
5) East Ridge, Phelps
PikeCoTeamAnalyst Wrote:Pike County High School Cheer Squads

1) Pikeville - All Around
2) Shelby Valley
3) Belfry
4) Pike Central
5) East Ridge, Phelps

phelps is going to surprise some people come tournament time. we're working really hard and gymnastics is picking up, and we have a full this year (mine). but don't underestimate us!
Big Grin
RebelYell Wrote:well I didn't get to go to regionals ..but if Dunbar wollared as Snake II said they did...then what squad has he/she coached to be SO GOOD.....and kept them from wollaring onto the floor!

GO belfry I think they will make an EXCELLENT showing at KAPOS!!Cool

We weren't even discussing "regionals". We were discussing the exhibition in Morehead. I didn't get to go this year, but had a call from the event by a relative who was there. If you'd like to discuss it, I am happy to pm w/ you.

And again... Good Luck to ALL the 15th Region Cheer Squads participating tonight! Smile, Stand up Straight, and Pop those motions!Wink
loves2cheer Wrote:GRC [traditional] they have had some very good standing tumbling in the past. And very unique routines.
Dunbar is a very good team. They have very good stunting skills. However, Sometimes I think its just the name : PLD.
Estill is a team I've seen stand out. They've made it to state many times. They constantly get disrespected & they pull through. They also have many talents from stunting to tumbling.
Lee County's cheerleaders dont compete KAPOS however I think the should. They have great talent and have great spirit on the sidelines at ballgames. They are very friendly girls. I think we should encourage them to start competing KAPOS. I think there would be a very good outcome.
Madisonville North Hopkins is also a good team. They have competed medium in the past however it think they competed small this year and got 2nd. They have very good tumbling also.
Madison Central has a good team that represents the small division very well.
Powell is still working there way up. Last year was their first year making it to state in a while. Very good. Didnt get to see them compete at state but I did at regions. They done well there. I think at state they recieved 7th in the Traditional division. Havent seen them this year, I've heard good & bad comments. We'll just have to wait until football season.

CONGRATS TO ALL TEAMS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE 2007-2008 SEASON!

The best team is obviously Madison Central! They've won state 3 years in a row and last year their JV placed 3rd, only behind North Laurel by 7 points. Their Small Varsity routine is killer this year. They open with squad triple toe tucks, and their stunts are incredible. Also, aside from competition, they are amazing at cheering games. They are the tightest, cleanest, well put together team in Kentucky. They are true cheerleaders!

Good Luck Girls!Big Grin
LC has a good team when they try.
From the cheer competition at the Mountain Arts Center?
Ranger519 Wrote:From the cheer competition at the Mountain Arts Center?

Actually.....Martin County had 6 teams in the competition, and all 6 teams won their divisions!

Junior High 2-1/2 minute: 1st Place -Martin County Middle; 2nd Place - Louisa Middle
Varsity 2-1/2 minute: 1st Place - Sheldon Clark; 2nd Place - Magoffin County; 3rd Place - Prestonsburg
Tiny All-Star - 1st Place - Mega Cheer Shooting Stars
PeeWee All-Star - 1st Place - Mega Cheer Shimmering Stars
Junior Prep All-Star: 1st Place - Mega Cheer Shining Stars; 2nd Place - All-Stars Elite; 3rd Place - Morgan County Extreme
Junior All-Star: 1st Place - Mega Cheer Superstars

This was really big for us, because our programs have been down in recent years! I am so proud of all of these teams....especially the middle school and the high school. We are finally making our statement! :1:
Big congrats! Especially to Sheldon Clark
Anyone know about the dance part of the Winterfest Competition?
I was going to do the individual but decided not to.
I think Valley.
Well Correction, I KNOW VALLEY IS THE BEST!
=] for sure.

wildcat blue through and through.
SV cheerleaders get nooo respect or credit, seriously!!
knott county central is not ONLY the best they've ever been.....but there the best around.
pats123 Wrote:knott county central is not ONLY the best they've ever been.....but there the best around.
What area are you refering to when you say "around". A little school north of you called Greenup might be a little better dont ya think?
sv_boie32 Wrote:I think Valley.
Well Correction, I KNOW VALLEY IS THE BEST!
=] for sure.

wildcat blue through and through.
SV cheerleaders get nooo respect or credit, seriously!!
:thatsfunn
Panther Thunder Wrote::thatsfunn

haha u think ur funny..
that is rude..

yea mattter of fact.
the rumor is they lost 2 boys..

laugh at that. yea i may be funny.. but it does hurt the team
Actually, Knott Central has improved quite a bit. Though, I think they should have got a video bid in Traditional.
They might not be the best right now, but they're getting there!
Sheldon Clark hands down
fan24 Wrote:Actually, Knott Central has improved quite a bit. Though, I think they should have got a video bid in Traditional.
They might not be the best right now, but they're getting there!

Thank You! Smile
University of Kentucky, who else? But schools like UCF and Alabama could give UK a run for its money at the 2010 UCA College Nationals.
Boyd Co.
My favorite team happens to be Magoffin County. They are always clean and they put on a great show. The hornet cheerleaders always have great tumbling, mounts and etc. They are lookin pretty good this year. But as always so is both pikeville maroon and pikeville white. . . Im excited to see whats brought this year!
very true. . . Magoffin county always looks good
Boyd Co Girls by far
The only reason that pikeville cheerleaders are so good is because they hold them back for extra cheering experience!!!

Go Pinthers!!!
Greenup County. 13 National Championships they have won a national title in every HS division.
queenbee_10 Wrote:My favorite team happens to be Magoffin County. They are always clean and they put on a great show. The hornet cheerleaders always have great tumbling, mounts and etc. They are lookin pretty good this year. But as always so is both pikeville maroon and pikeville white. . . Im excited to see whats brought this year!
what is Magoffin going this year small medium or what?
either way they go its going to be a tough win to get
In the 15th region I would say that everybody knows there is some good talentSmile
1) Pikeville
2)Belfry
3)Pike Central

These 3 squads def have some great cheerleaders and they work very hard! Props to them. Keep it up. Good Luck in KAPOS this month!!!!
Laura Wrote:In the 15th region I would say that everybody knows there is some good talentSmile
1) Pikeville
2)Belfry
3)Pike Central

These 3 squads def have some great cheerleaders and they work very hard! Props to them. Keep it up. Good Luck in KAPOS this month!!!!

I would list them as
1 Belfry
2 Pikeville
3 Pike Central
im gonna have to say belfy first also..
even though they got DQ at kapos i thought they looked really good
Greenup County won their 13th UCA National title today in Florida. 30th year for the national championships and they've won in 13 of them. Several of the titles in the early 80's were when there was only one overall champion and they were beating the co-ed squads.