Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the Best Squad?
Who do you all think is the best cheerleading squad?
The Spartan Cheerleaders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Definatly Shelby Valley or Pikeville in Pike county!!
Through-out the year...Pike Central!!! At competitions Pikeville and Belfry have definitley shown themselves. Very proud of them. But Pike Central is my pick
I would be concerned if Pike Central weren't your pick.... it would show lack of self confidence. But as far as competition and the whole nine, I doubt it!
Pike Central is my pick through the whole year...

Pikeville is my pick for competitions. But if I had to choose one it would be PCCHS because that is where I cheer (cheered). . Sorry bout that
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Pike Central is my pick through the whole year...

Pikeville is my pick for competitions. But if I had to choose one it would be PCCHS because that is where I cheer (cheered). . Sorry bout that

If Pikeville is your pick for competions....
Than why did you pick PC, beside the fact that you used to cheer there?
:confused:
Pikeville White
cause if i said that PCCHS wasnt my pick....then it would cause problems...but if its going to cause problems elsewhere then Pikeville is my pick
is this thread based on this past year, because it's a little early to determine who's the best this year.
I based mine on this past year...I haven't seen anyone so far this year but I'm sure they're all working hard
i think ER are pretty good
We just got back from cheer camp, and I must say.........the PIRATES looked good!!! Brought home some Ribbons, and Trophies! It's going to be another GREAT year for THOSE girls!TongueirateSho
GRC [traditional] they have had some very good standing tumbling in the past. And very unique routines.
Dunbar is a very good team. They have very good stunting skills. However, Sometimes I think its just the name : PLD.
Estill is a team I've seen stand out. They've made it to state many times. They constantly get disrespected & they pull through. They also have many talents from stunting to tumbling.
Lee County's cheerleaders dont compete KAPOS however I think the should. They have great talent and have great spirit on the sidelines at ballgames. They are very friendly girls. I think we should encourage them to start competing KAPOS. I think there would be a very good outcome.
Madisonville North Hopkins is also a good team. They have competed medium in the past however it think they competed small this year and got 2nd. They have very good tumbling also.
Madison Central has a good team that represents the small division very well.
Powell is still working there way up. Last year was their first year making it to state in a while. Very good. Didnt get to see them compete at state but I did at regions. They done well there. I think at state they recieved 7th in the Traditional division. Havent seen them this year, I've heard good & bad comments. We'll just have to wait until football season.

CONGRATS TO ALL TEAMS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE 2007-2008 SEASON!
I'm going to say Belfry!
Congrats to Belfry on a good time at camp!
Me, myself I like Jackson County girls they are pretty good
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Through-out the year...Pike Central!!! At competitions Pikeville and Belfry have definitley shown themselves. Very proud of them. But Pike Central is my pick

funny how you go to Pike Central?
I'm not the only one who chose my own school. I guess everyone just has that much pride in their schools, and they know what goes on in their own gyms and how much work they put into it.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I'm not the only one who chose my own school. I guess everyone just has that much pride in their schools, and they know what goes on in their own gyms and how much work they put into it.

Such a true post!! :thumpsup:

I have been out of school for ah.... well let's just say a while........ and I still feel the same way about my school that I cheered for. I do see some good squads and think back at the squads that we competed against (back in the day) and wonder.....ALL cheerleaders deserve a huge KUDOS.... cheerleading is hard work!!
thank you very much for understanding! 8-)
It shouldnt even be called cheerleading anymore, its more of a gymnastics thing. They already dropped pom poms and squads are moving from skirt uniforms to t-shirts and short shorts.
Some teams still use poms.
Traditional is required to use poms & some small, medium, & large teams do too.
Also many allstar teams still use them.
Just the judging is getting more complicated with poms b/c you have to make sure you dont come in contact w/ them other than using them or the team will get deductions.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The Spartan Cheerleaders.

:mad: EXCUSE ME but the topic is best cheer squads what does this have to do with that!!!
I think Lawrence County has a good sqaud. But no one knows that yet.
Lawrence county has always had a strong squad. I've only seen them a couple of times but they always impressed me
The Leslie county Eagles have the best squad by far.
there are a few squads that i think are good
Powell:They are a good team. They are working their way up and I idea that i have heard that they are doing for their rountine is really unique. I hope it works out for them. They have a good number of tumblers. For there squad it is required for them to attend gymnastics this year, so I'm pretty sure that they will have more gymnastics this year. Their stunts from state were pretty tough to do like the one where they pushed the girl up and down three times. I must have been hard. Good luck pirates!! Hope to see you girls at state again.
Estill: Estill is a good squad. They have very strong tumblers. They do get disrespected alot because they put down other teams. What is with the fued between estill and powell? I didn't particulary like there theme last year. Weren't they going to do another category?
Lee: Lee is a squad in the rising. they have not competed in the previous years but i look for them to start to.
Owsley: Is another squad in the rising. Good luck to them
umm, I have to say Belfry.

They really got a lot of talent in
the middle school and high school.
Across the state the best competition squads are Dunbar, Madison Central, Greenup County, Graves County, and North Laurel. I haven't seen Bowling Green this year, but they are usually strong also.