•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Corbin (State Semifinals)11/23
Hound05 Wrote:Not to many excuses these days I guess. What time does your team play?

Half of our team plays 7:30 Friday night.
TheColonel Wrote:Half of our team plays 7:30 Friday night.

right :biglmao:
Rebels much better than Hounds. But that is why they play them. Rebels by 14
TheColonel Wrote:Rebels way too much for Hounds. They were last year and they are better this year while Corbin is about the same.

I would agree that Boyle’s skilled players are better than last year, their defense is about the same, I’m a Boyle fan and the only difference I see is last years offensive line was better, but in saying that Boyle’s offensive line this year is still really good.
Go Rebels!
TheColonel Wrote:Rebels way too much for Hounds. They were last year and they are better this year while Corbin is about the same.

Who are you kidding Corbin has more offensive weapons this year than they did last year. Corbin only use 1 Rb last year in Lexington this year.corbin has 6 Rb Corbin defense is playing lights out at the right time. The big Kicker Corbin is in Corbin not Lexington. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Who are you kidding Corbin has more offensive weapons this year than they did last year. Corbin only use 1 Rb last year in Lexington this year.corbin has 6 Rb Corbin defense is playing lights out at the right time. The big Kicker Corbin is in Corbin not Lexington. :Cheerlead

How many points are you giving?
It's obvious that Corbin and Boyle Co are both very good teams. This should be the title game again.

Here is one thing that I always come back to and I'm curious as to what Hounds fans think.

Estep is a tremendous athlete. As a Boyle Co fan I am thankful he is at QB. He is Corbin's biggest open field threat and if he is in the backfield it's much harder for him to do damage against a good defense.

He had 15 carries vs Mayfield for 49 yards and threw for 111. Boyle Co and Mayfield are pretty similar as far as defense and team speed. Longmire was your leading rusher vs Mayfield but only had 56 yards. I see this as a huge part of the game this Friday. Will Corbin be able to run the ball effectively vs our D?
64SUR Wrote:Who are you kidding Corbin has more offensive weapons this year than they did last year. Corbin only use 1 Rb last year in Lexington this year.corbin has 6 Rb Corbin defense is playing lights out at the right time. The big Kicker Corbin is in Corbin not Lexington. :Cheerlead

I said nothing about depth just Hounds are about the same as last year. Defense last year was better. Just play 11 at a time the rest is on the bench. I guess you have more RB to cheer for the one out there.
FoSho Wrote:It's obvious that Corbin and Boyle Co are both very good teams. This should be the title game again.

Here is one thing that I always come back to and I'm curious as to what Hounds fans think.

Estep is a tremendous athlete. As a Boyle Co fan I am thankful he is at QB. He is Corbin's biggest open field threat and if he is in the backfield it's much harder for him to do damage against a good defense.

He had 15 carries vs Mayfield for 49 yards and threw for 111. Boyle Co and Mayfield are pretty similar as far as defense and team speed. Longmire was your leading rusher vs Mayfield but only had 56 yards. I see this as a huge part of the game this Friday. Will Corbin be able to run the ball effectively vs our D?

I think it safe to say every team still playing on Friday is a completely different team compared to themselves during week 4/5. Seems unfair to compare stats that occurred 8/9 weeks ago. JMO. One thing about it give it two days and your question will be answered!
AverageJoe Wrote:I think it safe to say every team still playing on Friday is a completely different team compared to themselves during week 4/5. Seems unfair to compare stats that occurred 8/9 weeks ago. JMO. One thing about it give it two days and your question will be answered!

My reasoning on that is that Corbin hasn't really played anyone since Mayfield that is championship caliber. It's not a knock on them, it's the hand they were dealt.
FoSho Wrote:It's obvious that Corbin and Boyle Co are both very good teams. This should be the title game again.

Yes. Not gonna make excuses for the loss. But there were some very extenuating circumstances for that game. But I believe we can establish a decent run game against Boyle as part of our game plan. But I’m also on the side that neither will be stopping the other too much.
FoSho Wrote:My reasoning on that is that Corbin hasn't really played anyone since Mayfield that is championship caliber. It's not a knock on them, it's the hand they were dealt.
No you’re right. No one since MF has been a championship team. But the same could go for Boyle, I’m only playing belfry all year. If people considered belfry a title team. But if you looked at the MF game in comparison to this one, you’d be doing yourself a disservice. It would be like comparing you guys against Hardin. Which I don’t. Teams have those types of games every once in a while. Especially when traveling 3 hours on a broke down bus haha. I don’t even use the Danville game for this type of comparison. To many variables when you do that to me. Maybe your believe a little different than me, and that’s fine. Neither are right or wrong. But those games don’t represent either team this week to me.

To say this is championship game is absurd. Lou Central is the real deal with speed on top of speed. They have given up only a handful of points all yr. St. X beat them by 1. Title game will be a war between them and Boyle IMO
JerryGarcia Wrote:To say this is championship game is absurd. Lou Central is the real deal with speed on top of speed. They have given up only a handful of points all yr. St. X beat them by 1. Title game will be a war between them and Boyle IMO

Central lost to Ballard.
JerryGarcia Wrote:To say this is championship game is absurd. Lou Central is the real deal with speed on top of speed. They have given up only a handful of points all yr. St. X beat them by 1. Title game will be a war between them and Boyle IMO

How many times have you watched Central play this year?
Basically the same central LOST to Corbin at home. And you all can think what you want but this Corbin team IS better than last year. I believe if they seeded it this year, this would be the title game again.

Ok with that logic is North Hardin 7 points worse than Boyle county? If so, who are they playing Friday?
FoSho Wrote:Central lost to Ballard.

Also beat Manual by 3 scores. Same Manual beat Ballard so what ru saying?
AverageJoe Wrote:How many times have you watched Central play this year?

I haven’t but friends have. Friends from Louisville think this may be one of Centrals best 2 or 3 teams they have ever had.
Hound05 Wrote:Ok with that logic is North Hardin 7 points worse than Boyle county? If so, who are they playing Friday?
U lost me
Hound05 Wrote:Ok with that logic is North Hardin 7 points worse than Boyle county? If so, who are they playing Friday?
It’s still a game of matchups. What is your logic that Corbin is so good. Central has been playing thanksgiving numerous times in last 15 yrs. Many more then Corbin
Central will be outcoached by either Haddix or Smith.

Central can't throw the ball. Against Boyle that is a recipe for a loss.

Central hasn't played an offense quite like Boyle (or Corbin for that matter).

If they reseeded like the original plan it would be:

LaRue @ Boyle
Central @ Corbin
JerryGarcia Wrote:I haven’t but friends have. Friends from Louisville think this may be one of Centrals best 2 or 3 teams they have ever had.

You must have some pretty trust worthy friends to post their opinion..Yeah, I had a few buddies that really thought UK football was good and could play with UGA too. Couldn't bring myself to make that bold claim though. Anyways, back to Boyle @ Corbin.

I'm going to try to make it to the game. Here's some key points/deciding factors to the game.

-Who can dominant up front and control the LOS?
-Each team has playmakers all over the field. How many big plays does each team limit each other? INT, fumbles, special teams, etc.
-How each team reacts to adversity. The game will have its ups and downs for each team. The player's REACTION to these events will decide the out come.
-Coaching/scheme

I'm not ready to make a prediction just yet. Should be a great game and atmosphere. I'm sure both coaches will have each team ready to play!
FoSho Wrote:Central will be outcoached by either Haddix or Smith.

Central can't throw the ball. Against Boyle that is a recipe for a loss.

Central hasn't played an offense quite like Boyle (or Corbin for that matter).

If they reseeded like the original plan it would be:

LaRue @ Boyle
Central @ Corbin
Belfry couldn’t throw it either but if not for fumbles they were right there with a shot to win that one. Boyle’s defense not as good as they have been but offense is better. Yes I have seen Boyle play and their skill is best I have seen them have in some time
Knox is still playing. That’s makes them a decent team I would think. Bell isn’t bad either. Estep was hurt against mayfield. Hasn’t really run much RPO stuff. Make no mistake we are not the same team as week 5.
Knox Central beat Franklin Co in OT. Boyle Co beat Franklin Co 50-7.

Belfry is a specialty power running game and couldn't throw the ball. They were bound to get yards but they were held to 17 points vs Boyle. Corbin is more balanced and not as much of a power running game.

Estep had 56 yards on 16 carries vs Beechwood. Honest question, was he hurt for that game too?
Hurry up Friday!
He isn’t gonna be hurt Friday, that’s an honest answer. We will talk stats after the game.
bcpc Wrote:He isn’t gonna be hurt Friday, that’s an honest answer. We will talk stats after the game.

Well it's kinda impossible to do that now.

This is my last post for the week. Here's to an injury free game.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next