Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 42 Bell County 16
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Great job by Bell this year.
Beat 1-10 Middlesboro
5-6 Letcher.
3-8 Pike Central
3-8 Whitley
1-10 Mccreary
8-3 Casey
1-10 Clay
1-9 Jackson
4-7 Harlan County.

BELL IS BACK!

And 4 of 6 nondistrict teams on Corbin’s regular season schedule will be playing next Friday!
campbellfield Wrote:And 4 of 6 nondistrict teams on Corbin’s regular season schedule will be playing next Friday!

Holy crap!! Never seen it before. One team with a winning record.

But I brought my headphones to the game and when our announcers said that almost half the teams we’ve played will be playing next week, it blew my mind. Not to many can say that. And it will only help us.
bobcatpride1 Wrote:Are you people kidding me? #25 for Bell, Lefevers, was comepletely in the wrong and I have no justification for his actions. But do not sit there and act like Corbin is so righteous and classy. Just like #12 hip-tossing Bell’s quarterback 30 yards behind the ball and after the play. Then proceeded to disrespect the white hat warranting a unsportsmanlike penalty on top of the personal foul. Some of the others might be rotten apples, but you’ll not find a more respectful kid than #4 Stephney. Bell definitely lost their heads, but Corbin is just as dirty as anyone.

As for Dudley I have no idea what he was doing in our stands. Seemed to be shooting the bull with some folks and laid back as ever. Who knows really.

Corbin was not innocent and need to reign it in a notch. A lack of discipline can cost you when you can least afford it.
Hounds played a heck of a schedule. Whitley and Danville are the only teams not playing next week. But expect Danville to be back in the hunt next year. Pulaski, Beechwood, Knox Central and Mayfield was murder's row.
Congrats to Corbin!
Congratulations, next week should be a good one. May have to take this one in.
I want to congratulate Corbin kids on a great win. As for the other stuff both of our teams have a long way to go when you talk about discipline. If either want to win a championship will have to do some work. Been a good season we have to play someone next year in prep for this moment.
^^Can you post it?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Great job by Bell this year.
Beat 1-10 Middlesboro
5-6 Letcher.
3-8 Pike Central
3-8 Whitley
1-10 Mccreary
8-3 Casey
1-10 Clay
1-9 Jackson
4-7 Harlan County.

BELL IS BACK!

Impressive.
I'm sure a lot of these games were set in stone before Dudley took the job. I doubt he's complaining though. Anyone know the 19' Bell schedule? Wonder if the Bell/Corbin game will still be played?
AverageJoe Wrote:Impressive.
I'm sure a lot of these games were set in stone before Dudley took the job. I doubt he's complaining though. Anyone know the 19' Bell schedule? Wonder if the Bell/Corbin game will still be played?

Dudley didn’t want it. You surprised?
No. Bell wouldn’t schedule us... Don’t Let the Bell folk tell you any different either... I know this to be a 💯 fact! But that’s ok. Dud is 0-4 against Haddix. And, Haddix is 9-0 against Bell.
Congratulations to Corbin. They have an outstanding team and coaching staff. Good luck to them next week. Bell had some bad breaks that hurt. 1 was the 4th down conversion I believe we converted. I couldn't tell last night but watched the WYMT replay. It was first off a bad spot and secondly even the announcers were saying the ball was touching the stick. So that was a tough break. We also should have picked a couple passes off, but we didn't then a fumbled 4th down snap. As for the way a few of our players behaved I was disappointed by it. I hope going forward that doesn't happen anymore. How Corbin fans feel about what their players did after the whistle is their business.
This year was a year Bell County made great strides and the future looks very bright. I think we only had 5 or 6 seniors that played at all, our defense started 8 sophomores. So I am excited about next year. The coaches will get back in the weight room and on the field and continue to develop these young men into better football players and people.
AverageJoe Wrote:Impressive.

Yes those games were set before Coach Hilton took over.
Bell and Corbin both tried getting an open date but couldn’t make it work. Now you’ll hear from some Corbin people that isn’t the facts. Those are the same people wanting the coaching staffs from both teams to give each other massages and such after the game. Those are the facts and the ones in the know, know it.
Hacksaw Wrote:Yes those games were set before Coach Hilton took over.
Bell and Corbin both tried getting an open date but couldn’t make it work. Now you’ll hear from some Corbin people that isn’t the facts. Those are the same people wanting the coaching staffs from both teams to give each other massages and such after the game. Those are the facts and the ones in the know, know it.

I'm glad you've stepped up to be the BGR resident expert on all things Bell County. Now if you e got those winning lottery numbers, we would all appreciate it!!!
Simply Put, that’s the farthest thing from the truth. Dud didn’t want none.. Hacksaw, you obviously aren’t one of those guys that are IN the know.
ArJay Wrote:Congratulations to Corbin. They have an outstanding team and coaching staff. Good luck to them next week. Bell had some bad breaks that hurt. 1 was the 4th down conversion I believe we converted. I couldn't tell last night but watched the WYMT replay. It was first off a bad spot and secondly even the announcers were saying the ball was touching the stick. So that was a tough break. We also should have picked a couple passes off, but we didn't then a fumbled 4th down snap. As for the way a few of our players behaved I was disappointed by it. I hope going forward that doesn't happen anymore. How Corbin fans feel about what their players did after the whistle is their business.
This year was a year Bell County made great strides and the future looks very bright. I think we only had 5 or 6 seniors that played at all, our defense started 8 sophomores. So I am excited about next year. The coaches will get back in the weight room and on the field and continue to develop these young men into better football players and people.

Finally. A football post on here. Congrats on a good season man. Bell has some players out there on that field. Enough to be dangerous any night. As for the spot, I had a pretty good angle at the time and I thought the big kid #25 got it. But I will say this. The side judge at the time spotted the ball bad all night. Not just against you. It was awful against us too a couple times with him. But where he did spot it wasn’t a 1st down. Now he probably in all honesty did get it, but the ball wasn’t showing it. The announcers were at a bad angle so I don’t know why they commented??? But all in all Corbin has had great 4th down defense all year long. Not just this game. So that’s a testament to them all year. Sometimes we bend, but rarely break. There was a TD for bell I thought we should have stopped. We had two DBs playing two hand touch at the time, that we need to fix before next week. But it happens I guess. I’m gonna stop right there, because I’m tired of the other junk. Anyone can watch the tape if they choose. Good luck next year.
Hacksaw Wrote:Yes those games were set before Coach Hilton took over.

“Couldn’t make it work” or what would be the reason to go out of the way to make it work?Just an outsider looking in on the situation.
If anyone has anything to lose it would be Corbin. Playing down a class and a mediocre team, at best. I don’t see the upsize for Corbin to play them. After looking at who Bell played this past season, with all due respect, I think the girl’s softball coach could’ve went 11-2. Can anyone think of an easier schedule, if so I would love to see it (total W-L) with district and non-district games.
Anywho- good luck to the hounds moving forward and bobcats you have nothing to hang your head about. Great season.
bcpc Wrote:No. Bell wouldn’t schedule us... Don’t Let the Bell folk tell you any different either... I know this to be a 💯 fact! But that’s ok. Dud is 0-4 against Haddix. And, Haddix is 9-0 against Bell.

How many state championships?
The Spread Wrote:I'm glad you've stepped up to be the BGR resident expert on all things Bell County. Now if you e got those winning lottery numbers, we would all appreciate it!!!

Your welcome. Also if we can be of service in anyway, IF you all win a Championship. On how to handle it with class, just let us know. We’ll help you in anyway we can. 👍🏻

Your winning Powerball numbers for tonight are 5 9 18 27 44 powerball 31. Your welcome for that as well. ☺️
Hacksaw Wrote:Your welcome. Also if we can be of service in anyway, IF you all win a Championship. On how to handle it with class, just let us know. We’ll help you in anyway we can. 👍🏻

Your winning Powerball numbers for tonight are 5 9 18 27 44 powerball 31. Your welcome for that as well. ☺️

go buy the ticket and bring it to me.
AverageJoe Wrote:“Couldn’t make it work” or what would be the reason to go out of the way to make it work?Just an outsider looking in on the situation.
If anyone has anything to lose it would be Corbin. Playing down a class and a mediocre team, at best. I don’t see the upsize for Corbin to play them. After looking at who Bell played this past season, with all due respect, I think the girl’s softball coach could’ve went 11-2. Can anyone think of an easier schedule, if so I would love to see it (total W-L) with district and non-district games.
Anywho- good luck to the hounds moving forward and bobcats you have nothing to hang your head about. Great season.

By couldn’t make it work, games already scheduled plus district games as well. Neither team could do it because of this reason. I do look for it to come back around though. It’s a good rivalry game
Granted it was an easy schedule, most would think Letcher or Harlan wouldn’t be as down but it is what it is. District games are out of any teams control.
pjdoug Wrote:go buy the ticket and bring it to me.

I will do that but you’ll have to shake my hand afterwards. 😬
bcpc Wrote:Simply Put, that’s the farthest thing from the truth. Dud didn’t want none.. Hacksaw, you obviously aren’t one of those guys that are IN the know.

Funny thing it’s actually right. Last post I’ll reply to this.
To the game last night though. Again congrats to the Corbin players and coaches. Well deserved win and represent southeastern Kentucky well from here on out. To the Corbin fans I know well, have fun and back this team as you have always I do believe this Corbin team can win the championship
bcpc Wrote:Simply Put, that’s the farthest thing from the truth. Dud didn’t want none.. Hacksaw, you obviously aren’t one of those guys that are IN the know.

And I’m fairly sure that bcpc is very much in the know.
Last post regarding this game from me. Once again congratulations to Corbin. As far as the schedules who really cares that wouldn’t have made one bit of difference as far as the outcome just like it won’t make a difference for Corbin when Boyle spanks you next week with all the talk of playing a tough schedule Corbin will come up a game worse than last year barring a major upset
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Dudley didn’t want it. You surprised?

:dontthink
bcpc Wrote:No. Bell wouldn’t schedule us... Don’t Let the Bell folk tell you any different either... I know this to be a �� fact! But that’s ok. Dud is 0-4 against Haddix. And, Haddix is 9-0 against Bell.

you have lost it in the know or not like I posted on an earlier thread I was there when phone call was made they could not get a date to align and THAT IS A FACT:popcorn:
Hacksaw Wrote:Not jumping on you or trying to argue. Not sure why all these comments about shaking hands after the game, basically nonsense from Coach Hilton haters imo. Guess they didn’t see the handshake AT MIDFIELD BEFORE THE GAME. Still not jumping you or anything but this is quite idiotic of things to be discussing.

That's right hacksaw I seen the hand shake and and a pat on the back from both
STIFFY Wrote:Last post regarding this game from me. Once again congratulations to Corbin. As far as the schedules who really cares that wouldn’t have made one bit of difference as far as the outcome just like it won’t make a difference for Corbin when Boyle spanks you next week with all the talk of playing a tough schedule Corbin will come up a game worse than last year barring a major upset

Sad when others have to use other people’s team for smack talk haha
Why is this thread even still open? Corbin was better than bell this year. It was no secret and wasn’t that close. They were about 2 TDs better this year against us than last year. Still a long way to go. As far as last nights game. Film is available. Watch it. One team is cheap shoting at the end and another wasn’t. That’s all that can be said. This is going no where constructive