Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Belfry (Updates)
Rebels 3rd and 16 after a big play by Belfry D. Pass incomplete, Pirates get the stop they need and force the Rebels to punt.
Nice stop by Belfry's D.
Dixon back in
Did I say this game would get ugly in Boyle's favor?
You don't see facemask called on the offense very often.
Pirates with their 4th Turnover of the night.
:HitWall:
I can't tell if its Boyle causing interruptions or if it's just all on Belfrys execution
No way. Come on Belfry.
Pirates killing themselves.
Boyle TD Pass to Reese Smith for 59 yards

Boyle 27
Pirates 17
Three of Boyles four td's have come after turnovers.
Dang, another shootout?
TD Belfry on a 99 yard kickoff return.
Ben Bently with a bad foot returns the kick 98 yards after the ball bounces of his shoulder at the 8 for a TD! XP is good!

Boyle 27
Belfry 24
Boyle with their first fumble of the night and Belfry recovers just on the Boyle side of the 50
So wait a second, Boyle is only up three after Belfry fumbles the ball a dozen times? Sounds like a lot of people over looked these Pirates. Big mistake!
Belfry_99 Wrote:Should be 17-0

bball_fan Wrote:So wait a second, Boyle is only up three after Belfry fumbles the ball a dozen times? Sounds like a lot of people over looked these Pirates. Big mistake!

Yep, Boyle has yet to really stop Belfry at all and outside 3 big play Boyles Offense has struggled to sustain
Avery Browning throws his 3rd pass of the night and it's picked off. 5 turnovers and still only 3 pts down
Well.at least the turnover this time was an int and not a fumble.
Belfry with a boneheaded facemask that flips Boyle into Pirate territory
At some point, credit has to go to the Boyle defense. I can see how upsetting it would be for a Belfry fan to watch this game knowing that the Pirates should be up by a couple of scores. I hope Belfry can pull this one out!
Reese Smith with another big TD catch. XP good

Boyle 34
Pirates 24
Whats the time?
Wildcat45 Wrote:At some point, credit has to go to the Boyle defense. I can see how upsetting it would be for a Belfry fan to watch this game knowing that the Pirates should be up by a couple of scores. I hope Belfry can pull this one out!

From the sounds of it, if Belfry learns to hold onto the dang ball; they could've been flirting with a running clock.
Wildcat45 Wrote:At some point, credit has to go to the Boyle defense. I can see how upsetting it would be for a Belfry fan to watch this game knowing that the Pirates should be up by a couple of scores. I hope Belfry can pull this one out!

Agreed the Boyle D is capitalizing on the mistakes and making the recoveries when Belfry offers it up. Outside that, they have struggled to stop the Pirates and I can't tell if they are forcing the fumbles or if its just Belfry not executing
End of the 3rd Quarter

Boyle 34
Belfry 24
Pirates beating themselves tonight. If there's any team you can't turn the ball over to, it's def the defending champs.
Pirates with a terrible punt, may be the dagger
The Spread Wrote:Pirates beating themselves tonight. If there's any team you can't turn the ball over to, it's def the defending champs.

Disappointed in Boyle while Dixon was down. Classless display.