Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @Pikeville 11/16
bac2369 Wrote:Possibly. But I don’t think the best team made it in 2013. In 2014 Williamsburg was 2-3 TDS better than the rest.

Williamsburg should’ve made it 3yrs in a roll 2012,2013 and 2014 2 out of 3 ain’t bad :popcorn:
rookie57 Wrote:Not trying to hijack the thread, but can any Williamsburg’s fans tell me how this team stacks up against the team mayfield beat in OT at the state championship game? Williamsburg was very, very good that year, their QB and receivers were awesome !
This team is not that good, that was a special bunch...The skilled positions are close but that’s where it ends...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:This team is not that good, that was a special bunch...The skilled positions are close but that’s where it ends...

That for sure was a great team, they were good enough to win the championship, mayfield was good as well, we got the break in OT to pull it out.
Ok, srry guys, just wanted to know, and thanks for your input, I got no dog in this fight, so good luck to both teams, hope the best team wins.
I know little about these Jackets but I do know this is one of the Greatest Panther teams I’ve seen in quite some time. You don’t hear A lot about them Individually only because there is really no Stand out type Player that they depend on to win games. # 3 is Always going to show up and Give you all he has. The O-Line well it needs No introduction its going to make Holes for Each of the Back. # 1 , #14, #2 , # 4 are Gonna catch it 95 % of the Time. There D Has Gotten better week in and week out. Most O-lines I’ve seen this year have Doubled up on 41 and he still manages to cause problems against the Run. I look for Him to cause even more of a Disruption in a Passing Game. If they do manage to get around 41 then you Got # 28, # 33 , # 4. ETC..... these receives are Just as Talented defending the Pass. There all Really talented. Every Skilled position on Both sides of the ball is Loaded. With Debt and many can Play Both ways if Needed. I’m Never one to count anyone out , all I know is I’ve watched these kids Grow together as a team each Year. There on a Mission and It’s going to take a lot of talent to Get a Road Win at Hambley.
OldJacket Wrote:This team is not that good, that was a special bunch...The skilled positions are close but that’s where it ends...

But no Fred Massey, he was a great RB.
Panther Pride Wrote:I know little about these Jackets but I do know this is one of the Greatest Panther teams I’ve seen in quite some time. You don’t hear A lot about them Individually only because there is really no Stand out type Player that they depend on to win games. # 3 is Always going to show up and Give you all he has. The O-Line well it needs No introduction its going to make Holes for Each of the Back. # 1 , #14, #2 , # 4 are Gonna catch it 95 % of the Time. There D Has Gotten better week in and week out. Most O-lines I’ve seen this year have Doubled up on 41 and he still manages to cause problems against the Run. I look for Him to cause even more of a Disruption in a Passing Game. If they do manage to get around 41 then you Got # 28, # 33 , # 4. ETC..... these receives are Just as Talented defending the Pass. There all Really talented. Every Skilled position on Both sides of the ball is Loaded. With Debt and many can Play Both ways if Needed. I’m Never one to count anyone out , all I know is I’ve watched these kids Grow together as a team each Year. There on a Mission and It’s going to take a lot of talent to Get a Road Win at Hambley.

This could be one of the great Pikeville teams you are right. But they still have a lot of work to do. Calpreps thinks this Pikeville team is better than the 2014 Williamsburg team that was great:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Pikeville (KY) 31, [2014] Williamsburg (KY) 27

But games aren't won on the computer and Williamsburg is coming to win.
Go Panthers take care of business!:Cheerlead
jetpilot Wrote:But no Fred Massey, he was a great RB.

Fred was a great back but people forget that the Lowery kid was pretty good as was Patrick...You had 3 kids that could have played well at RB...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:This could be one of the great Pikeville teams you are right. But they still have a lot of work to do. Calpreps thinks this Pikeville team is better than the 2014 Williamsburg team that was great:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Best I remember that year Calpreps gave us little chance against Mayfield, your correct it’s a good thing the games are played on the field..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
By this time tomorrow evening we should have a winner, or at least have an indication. Fans will definitely get their money's worth in this one. Hoping for an injury free game for both teams, and GO PANTHERS !!
OldJacket Wrote:Best I remember that year Calpreps gave us little chance against Mayfield, your correct it’s a good thing the games are played on the field..

Definitely OJ. I watched the Williamsburg/Mayfield game and thought Williamsburg was the better team. I hated to see them lose that day.
Pikeville forgive me Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02: Williamsburg is coming TongueoliceLig Upset Alert TongueoliceLig
64SUR Wrote:Pikeville forgive me Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02: Williamsburg is coming TongueoliceLig Upset Alert TongueoliceLig

I forgive you. Now come on up and bring a big sack of money.:flame:

:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:This could be one of the great Pikeville teams you are right. But they still have a lot of work to do. Calpreps thinks this Pikeville team is better than the 2014 Williamsburg team that was great:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

Did you see them in person jet the 2014 team?
bac2369 Wrote:Did you see them in person jet the 2014 team?

Yes I thought they were the best in Class A.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes I thought they were the best in Class A.

The only team I ever see stop Brandon Jones basically all game.
^Then Pikeville did the same thing to Cory Smith the next year. Great defense. Going to see if Pikeville has a championship caliber defense tomorrow. Right now I think so and hope so lol. Tomorrow at this time we will know either way.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes I thought they were the best in Class A.

I tried to post a nice little 2014 video clip and it wouldnt let me.
jetpilot Wrote:^Then Pikeville did the same thing to Cory Smith the next year. Great defense. Going to see if Pikeville has a championship caliber defense tomorrow. Right now I think so and hope so lol. Tomorrow at this time we will know either way.

Yes but Pikeville was Clearly the better team in both games in 2015.
bac2369 Wrote:Yes but Pikeville was Clearly the better team in both games in 2015.

? Like Williamsburg was clearly the better team in 2014 beating Hazard 48-14.
Not following you.

BTW Hazard got 344 total yards vs. Williamsburg in 2014 and 107 vs. Pikeville in 2015.
Not tonhijack the thread, but I just learned of the passing of the great RB from the 1989 Pikeville team, Steve Bailey. I have no details other than he passed away earlier today I believe. #PantherFamily
PHSForever Wrote:Not tonhijack the thread, but I just learned of the passing of the great RB from the 1989 Pikeville team, Steve Bailey. I have no details other than he passed away earlier today I believe. #PantherFamily

Praying tonight for Steve and family.
The 2.5 hour bus ride home for Williamsburg is gonna seem more like 5 hours. There's no way they win this one. Pikeville is just too good this year.

Pikeville - 48

Williamsburg - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
jetpilot Wrote:? Like Williamsburg was clearly the better team in 2014 beating Hazard 48-14.
Not following you.

BTW Hazard got 344 total yards vs. Williamsburg in 2014 and 107 vs. Pikeville in 2015.

Yea and 322 was through the air. Jones has 22 yards in that game. But he did however score on a check down that was took about 70 yards. It’s not listed on hazards stats except in the scoring part of it. All that and only mustered 14.

Pikeville locked in defensively that game against Hazard.

I would of loved to see that 2014 Williamsburg vs the 2015 Panthers.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:The 2.5 hour bus ride home for Williamsburg is gonna seem more like 5 hours. There's no way they win this one. Pikeville is just too good this year.

Pikeville - 48

Williamsburg - 21

The bus is going way too fast if it makes the trip in 2 1/2 hours. It's not likely, but there's always a way.
It’s GAME DAY Panthers, time to buckle up and do your jobs. It’s all on you young men tonight and there is only two ways it can go lose and football season is over and win you get to go on to the semi’s. This team has its goals set when the season started and has worked hard all year to achieve them. Have all the faith in you guys that they can get it done but Williamsburg isn’t coming to Hambley to lose just like you guys went there last year to win. It’s all on you guys so good luck tonight and hope for a injury free game for both but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
If the burg wins, will they be at home or away next week
Rainingthrees Wrote:If the burg wins, will they be at home or away next week

The winner will be at home
Pikeville-48
Williamsburg-26
Just saw where Steve Bailey passed away.

Sad to hear that.

One of the best RBs to ever come thru EKY.

Between Brett Coleman and Bailey that is two legends who passed well before they should have.