Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg @Pikeville 11/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Regional championship game between two good teams what’s your thoughts
Not going to predict a score. I have had all the respect in the world for Williamsburg for a long time now and have always liked the way they played. Having said that I love this Pikeville team and they are really starting to roll and they will be hungry and playing at home.

Panthers continue to roll.
Two great HCs and two dynamic offenses. This game will come down to who can make stops on the defensive side of the ball. I think Pikeville has the edge being at home, but Williamsburg is trying hard to play spoiler for everyones preseason predictions. Going with Pikeville at home. But I think it's a nail biter for 2 1/2-3 quarters.

Pikeville 35
Williamsburg 21
Well I have back myself into a corner in this one at the beginning of the year I pick Pikeville to win the east in 1A Well things has changes fast after beating hazard. Williamsburg is coming and a 5 foot giant Qb is coming remember his name Dalton Ponders one minute you will see him next minute endzone :Cheerlead Williamsburg is loaded with young guns receivers. And now Rb Kyle Davis is back after a year being on the disabled list. With that said..........I’m going with Williamsburg

Williamsburg 64
Pikeville 00

Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker:

My backup prediction

Pikeville 56
Williamsburg 20
64SUR Wrote:Well I have back myself into a corner in this one at the beginning of the year I pick Pikeville to win the east in 1A Well things has changes fast after beating hazard. Williamsburg is coming and a 5 foot giant Qb is coming remember his name Dalton Ponders one minute you will see him next minute endzone :Cheerlead Williamsburg is loaded with young guns receivers. And now Rb Kyle Davis is back after a year being on the disabled list. With that said..........I’m going with Williamsburg

Williamsburg 64
Pikeville 00

Confusednicker: Confusednicker: Confusednicker:

My backup prediction

Pikeville 56
Williamsburg 20

Pikeville receivers Watkins, Biliter, Pugh, and Hensley are as good a group as you will find in any class in the state. And the QB Roberts is fantastic.
Pikeville at home 42-28.
I have always been a fan of Pikeville’s program and it’s staff. I think Football me says Pikeville wins but I am also friends with some guys in Williamsburg and my gut is saying Williamsburg is on a roll and I should pick them. I do not know who to pick.

Pikeville 35
Williamsburg 34
I like most of the talk so far on this thread is about getting to Williamsburg’s quarterback and that’s saying a bunch. He is very skillful and can get away in a hurry and give him a lot of time and he will find open receivers. This is definitely going to be a nightmare for Pikeville’s defense. I think Pikeville’s defense is quicker than most they have played and the secondary is definitely quicker than they have played. It’s going to be wild at Hambley this weekend. So to me it’s the teams that gets the most stops in this one. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I’m already on pins and needles about this game. I have no doubt Pikeville has the athletes to keep up with anyone, I just want to see them focused on just ONE objective this week: beat Williamsburg. Clear the mind of any trash talking, etc and walk away from that stuff. Need to play hard and clean and keep their techniques clean. Line coaches have done a great job this year on teaching aggressiveness but the personal fouls and such this past week worry me. Never know what refs from other areas will tolerate, so we need to be clean as possible and not giving free yards to other teams. Can’t let that kind of stuff get you behind the chains against good teams. No prediction from me other than I believe in my team and feel like Pikeville will pull it out. Go Panthers!
I have thought Pikeville was the best team from the beginning of the season and I think they still are...Williamsburg has a fighters chance if Pikeville doesn’t play well but I think the Panthers win by 14...
Pikeville has a classy program & a classy staff. I remember after we won last year. It had to be deflating; especially in the manner that it happened. The first thing their staff did was congratulate us and offer any assistance they had to help us against Beechwood. That's class. I also remember the tragedy we went through in 2011 at their place with the passing of our QB's father during the game & they were so gracious in helping us deal with the situation. Again, total class. That's the kind of program you love to compete against.
That being said, I think the Panthers win at home by two scores despite the roll Williamsburg is on.
Pikeville 35-14
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville 35-14

All is good PJDoug pick Pikeville, knowing he really likes the Burg. Thanks for your confidence wish you could make up to watch but know you probably can’t but if you ever get up in the area again like to meet up and have dinner and maybe some of your barbecue or rub.
No game Pikeville big.
Patriot1 Wrote:Regional championship game between two good teams what’s your thoughts

" 2 good teams" is a stretch. It's one great team up against a cupcake with a soft schedule. Pikeville running clock in the 3rd quarter.
Patriot1 Wrote:All is good PJDoug pick Pikeville, knowing he really likes the Burg. Thanks for your confidence wish you could make up to watch but know you probably can’t but if you ever get up in the area again like to meet up and have dinner and maybe some of your barbecue or rub.

I don't know if I'll make it up there Friday or not. maybe.
hogcat93 Wrote:" 2 good teams" is a stretch. It's one great team up against a cupcake with a soft schedule. Pikeville running clock in the 3rd quarter.
You've lost your mind if you ever had one.
hogcat93 Wrote:" 2 good teams" is a stretch. It's one great team up against a cupcake with a soft schedule. Pikeville running clock in the 3rd quarter.

Pikeville has a great team Williamsburg is a good team, you lost all credibility saying Williamsburg had a soft schedule, if Williamsburg is a cupcake what is Hazard...Pikeville may very well win with a running clock, it wouldn’t shock me, but Williamsburg ain’t no cupcake...
..... Gotta say I agree with other poster that you've lost your mind. Lol. Williamsburg is s very good team. District isn't the strongest but they can't help that. Panthers are taking no one for granted.
OldJacket Wrote:Pikeville has a great team Williamsburg is a good team, you lost all credibility saying Williamsburg had a soft schedule, if Williamsburg is a cupcake what is Hazard...Pikeville may very well win with a running clock, it wouldn’t shock me, but Williamsburg ain’t no cupcake...

That couldn't have been said better.
PHSForever Wrote:..... Gotta say I agree with other poster that you've lost your mind. Lol. Williamsburg is s very good team. District isn't the strongest but they can't help that. Panthers are taking no one for granted.

A team could get in trouble in a hurry by underestimating Williamsburg, but I don't see Pikeville doing that.
Would like to see Williamsburg win but think Pikeville wins by two scores. Hope I’m wrong!
Panthers are on a mission! I dont see them losing this soon, if at all, in these playoffs.

Pikeville 35
Williamsburg 17
OldJacket Wrote:Pikeville has a great team Williamsburg is a good team, you lost all credibility saying Williamsburg had a soft schedule, if Williamsburg is a cupcake what is Hazard...Pikeville may very well win with a running clock, it wouldn’t shock me, but Williamsburg ain’t no cupcake...
I do believe Pikevilles schedule overall was tougher. BUT, I don't agree that Williamsburg is a cupcake. I don't know who that poster is but I think they're trying to troll. Looked at their post history and they're all over the map.

For those wondering, here is the Pikeville and Williamsburg schedule and results for the year from KHSAA website. It won't let me add both for some reason. So I'm removing the attachment.
Pikeville 40
Williamsburg 32
Williamsburg is no pushover. Panthers win, but need to cleanup mistakes and penalties. Extra points in a game that's highly competitive makes a difference as well. Panthers continue to roll.
Pikeville - 42
W burg - 15
Williamsburg is no pushover. Panthers win, but need to cleanup mistakes and penalties. Extra points in a game that's highly competitive makes a difference as well. Panthers continue to roll.
Pikeville - 42
W burg - 15
Pikeville is giving up 45.7 yards/game passing for the year through 11 games. Has to be near tops in all classes. Can't go by stats leaders on KHSAA site because some who are listed as leaders haven't reported some or all of their defensive stats.

They have given up only 2 TD passes all year - one to LCA in the final minutes of running clock game, the other one to Hazard. They have 15 interceptions with 4 returned for touchdowns.

They will definitely be tested vs. Williamsburg but have been very good vs. the pass all year.
^From what I can tell Pikeville's 45.7/game is 2nd in all classes behind only Louisville Central's 41.8.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville is giving up 45.7 yards/game passing for the year through 11 games. Has to be near tops in all classes. Can't go by stats leaders on KHSAA site because some who are listed as leaders haven't reported some or all of their defensive stats.

They have given up only 2 TD passes all year - one to LCA in the final minutes of running clock game, the other one to Hazard. They have 15 interceptions with 4 returned for touchdowns.

They will definitely be tested vs. Williamsburg but have been very good vs. the pass all year.

That is good defense, but they haven't exactly played any teams that can air it out either. Dalton Ponder is the state's leading passer, and 7th in rushing.... I still think Pikeville will slow Ponder down, and make it tough for Williamsburg to score.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5