Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 31 Caldwell Co 14
I can't be that upset. Win by 3 scores pulling away against the 5th ranked team from the class above. I'll take it. I was tickled to death Mayfield was tied at half after having 5 turnovers in the half. I felt good about their chances in the 2nd half. Caldwell only had aboit 70 yards at half to a couple hundred for mayfield. The 2nd half couldn't start quick enough for me. The defense played well, and maybe this will be the wakeup call the offense needs. The defensive line deserves a lot of praise. On the hit. Clean in my book, and 5 years ago considered a good play, but this being 2018, and the millinials taking over, it gets frowned on as being dirty, and the Caldwell homers on live feed where boo hooing over it. Watched replay 50 times. The ball was thrown slightly to much in front of receiver so he had to dive to make the catch, putting his head at a lower height than it was standing straight up. It was the launch of the receiver that made the hit so hard. The mayfield kid didn't launch, and even squatted a little to try to get lower. It's was a heck of a collision though. Welcome to a new era where you can't play defense without getting ejected. Guess you are supposed to just let a receiver make a diving 50 yard catch, and pull up, and clap for him to cheer him on.
It was at the 1:03:16 mark on the youtube vid... that was the one single most hardest hit iv ever watched in person.. it was so loud with both kids running full steam. Watching it in person I thought they were both going for the ball, Daniel's coming from the safety position... but after watching it an breaking it down in slow motion it was definitely not helmet to helmet.. Daniel's leaned into the hit an led with his right shoulder hitting the receiver that was maybe lungeing tucking his head in the crown (forehead) area of his helmet.. close to helmet 2 helmet as they missed each other by inches... glad the young man was ok... do not think this warrants ejection...!!! Solid play in my book.. more of a defenseless player if anything but in my book u run a slant like that across the middle like that you gotta be ready to be hit...the refs were pretty bad on both sides of the ball..any body have the stats on this one..?
Who was making the call for Mayfield that you can hear in the back ground in the video?
MAYFIELD
Rushing
Kent Trey Matthews- 16-77
Jayden Stinson- 8-38
Conner Guthrie- 7-31-1
Markeacio Jackson- 4-10-1
Total - 194 yards

Passing
Jayden Stinson- 15-25-194-1-3
Conner Guthrie- 1-1-24-1
Total - 219 yards

TOTAL YARDS - 413

CALDWELL COUNTY
Rushing
Jameer Riley- 8-31
DeEric Holloewll- 11-19
Joby Jaggers- 12 for -39
Total- 11 yards

Passing
Joby Jaggers- 13-28-101-2-2
Total - 101 yards

TOTAL YARDS - 112

From Paducah Sun
Looks like it was around 370 yards of offense for Mayfield to about 110 for Caldwell by adding up numbers in paducah Sun. Penalties wasn't mentioned, but Princeton newspaper said Mayfield was flagged 21 times for 206 yards. Just seen where Mayfieldsportsfan posted complete stats guess we now know why I'm not a math major, cause I shortchanged mayfield by about 40 yards.
After looking at the video several times it Appears that the receiver Fell into the tackler, In defense of the refs this one time, They have to make the call right then and there they do not have the luxury of instant replay
Considering Mayfield had 3 picks, 2 interceptions, over 200 yards in penalties and still beat a very solid ranked 3a team by 3 scores and had over 4 times more offense, says a lot to me about how good this team can be. This team has basically been turnover free for most of the season, so, I'd guess this game was more an exception than the rule and likely won't happen like this again.
http://www.timesleader.net/caldwell-mayf...7ef93.html
First time I've ever tried to post a link hope it works.
killbilly usmc Wrote:http://www.timesleader.net/caldwell-mayf...7ef93.html
First time I've ever tried to post a link hope it works.

Well done! :Clap::Clap::Clap:
In a positive, for the first time in weeks the Cards put points on the board in the second half
killbilly usmc Wrote:I can't be that upset. Win by 3 scores pulling away against the 5th ranked team from the class above. I'll take it. I was tickled to death Mayfield was tied at half after having 5 turnovers in the half. I felt good about their chances in the 2nd half. Caldwell only had aboit 70 yards at half to a couple hundred for mayfield. The 2nd half couldn't start quick enough for me. The defense played well, and maybe this will be the wakeup call the offense needs. The defensive line deserves a lot of praise. On the hit. Clean in my book, and 5 years ago considered a good play, but this being 2018, and the millinials taking over, it gets frowned on as being dirty, and the Caldwell homers on live feed where boo hooing over it. Watched replay 50 times. The ball was thrown slightly to much in front of receiver so he had to dive to make the catch, putting his head at a lower height than it was standing straight up. It was the launch of the receiver that made the hit so hard. The mayfield kid didn't launch, and even squatted a little to try to get lower. It's was a heck of a collision though. Welcome to a new era where you can't play defense without getting ejected. Guess you are supposed to just let a receiver make a diving 50 yard catch, and pull up, and clap for him to cheer him on.

Couldn't have said it better. It was just an unfortunate situation of timing with the WR diving for the ball. I watched it several times and see the S lead with the right shoulder. The Caldwell announcers were absolutely ridiculous, especially talking about hitting "high". Hard to get lower than a player diving into you while everyone is going full speed!!

Glad to see the WR walk off on his own and hope he has no issues going forward. Definitely a scary moment.
Games over let it go, refs have no replay, you won.
blue55 Wrote:Games over let it go, refs have no replay, you won.

Na, I think We’LL decide when to let it go.
rookie57 Wrote:Na, I think We’LL decide when to let it go.

Exactly. We don't need a PT troll telling us anything.

rookie57 Wrote:Na, I think We’LL decide when to let it go.

Snakesnot Wrote:Exactly. We don't need a PT troll telling us anything.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
You guys are a tough crowd.

I think our PT friend likely meant no harm, I think he likes the Cards all but 1 week a year.
Twice a year.
with all due respect, this is the hardest hit I have seen

https://youtu.be/EiTM_jrOvZ8?t=4
I did not see the hit so don't know about the call. The bad thing about this call is that a young man isn't going to get to play in the play off game this Friday night. If it was a bad call then he is being punished for a hard hit he made doing his job. I don't know what can be done to correct this issue since there is no instant replay in high school football. Perhaps the final decision could be made by the board after seeing a replay or something. I know the ref's have a tough job and many calls are judgment calls. Just a bad thing if the young man is ejected for a bad call. I hope his loss to his team will not make a great deal of difference in the outcome in the play off game ahead.
Tica Wrote:with all due respect, this is the hardest hit I have seen

https://youtu.be/EiTM_jrOvZ8?t=4

Hard hit but I thought the one Friday was pretty hard. Amazing they both got up.
One of the hardest hits I recall was by Jay Burgett and another Cardinal hitting a receiver both high and low at the same time during the 2002 season. I was just a freshman then. A flag for sure in any level of football today unfortunately.
deadfish Wrote:I did not see the hit so don't know about the call. The bad thing about this call is that a young man isn't going to get to play in the play off game this Friday night. If it was a bad call then he is being punished for a hard hit he made doing his job. I don't know what can be done to correct this issue since there is no instant replay in high school football. Perhaps the final decision could be made by the board after seeing a replay or something. I know the ref's have a tough job and many calls are judgment calls. Just a bad thing if the young man is ejected for a bad call. I hope his loss to his team will not make a great deal of difference in the outcome in the play off game ahead.
Same thing that happened at Owensboro Catholic a couple years ago. Regardless of if the hit is illegal, I think it’s a bad rule to eject the player. Give them a penalty and play on, AT LEAST , maybe if they get a second one then eject them, like after 5 fouls in basketball.

I didn't win anything, and I'm not affiliated with Mayfield. Last time I checked this is a message board.....sorry if my ONE comment was TOO MANY.