Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 31 Caldwell Co 14
Final
We could not have played worse!
Final..
Congrats to Mayfield.
Worst game we’ve played all year!
Worst officiating I’ve seen in years, I came close to calling them a bunch of witches
oldcardfan Wrote:Worst officiating I’ve seen in years, I came close to calling them a bunch of witches

I agree
a lot of teams say that when they play Mayfield.
Tica Wrote:a lot of teams say that when they play Mayfield.

Talking about mayfield couldn’t have played any worse
This game was dominated by the officials for sure. Mayfield had to many self inflicted mistakes with turnovers, false starts and others to numerous to mention. Got work to do to make deep run.
Yea so did Caldwell.
Neither team could get into any flow because of all the penalties and then worse than that, the officials would have to huddle up for 10 minutes to talk about it. Frustrating for both teams. In addition, 3 picks and 2 fumbles hurt the Cards They struggled to get out of there own way in the 1st half, but, did play much better in the 2nd half, despite not being able to get into any rhythm. The defense sounded pretty good for the most part, getting good pressure on the Tiger QB and shutting down the run. Caldwell shot themselves in the foot a few times themselves with fumbles, even though they recovered most of them, it still stalled a couple of there drives. Overall, a win is a win and you learn from your mistakes and move on to the next one. Same for Caldwell in defeat.
WestRedWings Wrote:This game was dominated by the officials for sure. Mayfield had to many self inflicted mistakes with turnovers, false starts and others to numerous to mention. Got work to do to make deep run.

Ok, confusing statement. So which was it? Officials dominating or doing their job. You say Mayfield had false starts and self inflicting mistakes. Are they not use to being called on it?
Some deserved some not so much. Conferences decidingvwhat to do. Both sides were upset with them. As both teams will watch this film to get better so should this crew. When one official is marking off penalty while the white hat is signaling it has been declined. These guys didnt know what the other was doing. Very bad crew. Hurt both teams
TCB! another one bites the dust!!!!!
Congrats Mayfield. Games like these happen. Cards are no different. Now get ready for what really matters! Looks like Caldwell County has a little fight in them to. Looks and sounds like they could make some "playoff noise"!
Another team this season where the opposition feels good about their situation going into halftime, only to have Mayfield's defense make adjustments and shut down any chance of an upset in the second half. Overall, the defense played well, considering the bad situation they were put in with five first half turnovers.
What’s everyone’s opinion on “The Hit” last night? Clean hit or no? Should he have been ejected? Very hard hitting game you all know what hit I am talking about
I think they are making the players think to much and its hurting the game.Last night was just a footbsll play a good lick helnet to helmet heck they could call it every play rediculois.
oldcardfan Wrote:What’s everyone’s opinion on “The Hit” last night? Clean hit or no? Should he have been ejected? Very hard hitting game you all know what hit I am talking about

I love hard jaw rattling hits but that one scared me to death. I hope I never see anything like that again and to add to it the sound from the helmets was so loud. It was obviously perfect timing that caused it to be so bad but in no way intentional but anytime there is helmet to helmet contact you are going to be ejected. I would want to see a replay but in person I believe that is the worst in person hit I can recall seeing.
Ridiculous call, but it was a game of ridiculous calls so it's no surprise that there was flag thrown. I'm as curious about the final penalty of the night, the unsportsmanlike on the Mayfield sideline just before we took a knee. I wonder if the coaches had seen enough from the zebras at that point and finally said something.
I think this game was just what the Cards need to prepare us for a deep playoff run that I hope ends in another title. I tip my hat to Caldwell County, they played us better than anyone has all year. Good luck to the Tigers going forward.
Mistakes on timing and tons of penalities are the result of weeks of playing teams that are so inferior that you are not remotely challenged. The speed of the tigers alone was so different than anything we have seen in forever.
Turnovers explain margin. Cards almost always cover the spread.
Caldwell had 4 turnovers as well.
The hit was hard lick for sure. I believe not helmet to helmet tho. I do believe more a defenseless receiver and that was the call more so i think. Putting defensive players in bad situation. Are they just suppose to let them catch the ball? Maybe just go to 7 on 7 flag football IDK. Football not same anymore for sure IMO.
WestRedWings Wrote:The hit was hard lick for sure. I believe not helmet to helmet tho. I do believe more a defenseless receiver and that was the call more so i think. Putting defensive players in bad situation. Are they just suppose to let them catch the ball? Maybe just go to 7 on 7 flag football IDK. Football not same anymore for sure IMO.

I saw a video of the play, it was close but I think he hit him helmet to helmet and he was leading with crown. You can see the game on youtube and find the hit with about 9 minutes to go in the 2nd qter.
I agree. I think the worse part is it looks like he lowers his head and led with the top of the helmet. Not really sure why that warrants an ejection. I thought that was just in NCAA.
Those calls are bang bang and you don't have instant replay to review. Hard to toss a kid without the ability to review
Wish I knew how to post pic. I have pic an time of impact and head NOT lowered. I do know different angles look differently so just really hard call to make.
My thought exactly, from where I was standing not a helmet to helmet hit it will be just a matter of time that they will have them with flags and you will not hit them just pull the flag the helmet and pads will be because they still allow blocking