•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Bell Co @ Corbin 10/12
Blaming the refs 5 days before the kickoff! That’s a lil premature, stiffy.
HighViz Wrote:Blaming the refs 5 days before the kickoff! That’s a lil premature, stiffy.

That’s how they handle not winning a game against us in the last 7 try’s and as the game gets closer all the feel good wins mean a little less, reality sets in and the oh shit meter goes off...
chs crazy Wrote:Confusednicker: this is awesome they’ll be Bell fans setting themselves on fire in the streets someone doesn’t know the hateful ass old ball coach!!! Prepare to be lectured to young man only not me, but I promise you’ll fall asleep :Clap:

I’m clueless, just seemed like he wasn’t liked very much
rookie57 Wrote:I’m clueless, just seemed like he wasn’t liked very much

everywhere...he wins... a lot... enough said

Actually Dudley Hilton is #2 or 3 in career wins in KY I think. As to why disliked, I will let others fill in those gaps.

He’s not liked very much at all by Corbin fans, built Bell Co football into a state power twice won 2 titles there last one in 2008 and one before in 1991 I believe. No disrespect, he’s a great football mind, can flat out coach but Bell is like a psycho ex girlfriend with him he keeps dumping them for someone else and they keep begging him back over and over again
chs crazy Wrote:That’s how they handle not winning a game against us in the last 7 try’s and as the game gets closer all the feel good wins mean a little less, reality sets in and the oh shit meter goes off...

Lol
Hatz Wrote:Actually Dudley Hilton is #2 or 3 in career wins in KY I think. As to why disliked, I will let others fill in those gaps.

I don't know where he's at but I know where he's not, #1! LMAO

Sorry guys, I had to! Don't know Coach Hilton but I've heard he's a great coach.
You guys must be a little slow I said it would be a big advantage if that crew has the game and if you’ve ever watched a game called by that crew there (Alcoa) you know what I mean didn’t at all say it will be an excuse if we lose just an advantage for Corbin
If Corbin wins and they should they are the heavy favorite loaded at every position w 4 or 5 former head coaches on their staff I’ll be the first to congratulate them
STIFFY Wrote:You guys must be a little slow I said it would be a big advantage if that crew has the game and if you’ve ever watched a game called by that crew there (Alcoa) you know what I mean didn’t at all say it will be an excuse if we lose just an advantage for Corbin

Bell ain’t Alcoa far from it, Alcoa just won a state title and the highlight of your season is dropping 72 on a team our 8th graders could’ve beaten.. You must be a little slow yourself all you done was contradict yourself in the same sentence.. Confusednicker:
BellMiddle Wrote:42-28 bell. Watching this team play is amazing. The power attack will be too much, some games coach Hilton has tried to adjust to different schemes with more passes and spreads and more. But to be honest, they could’ve scored 70 on everyone if they powered the ball down their throats. Defense is key in this one though. Corbin will score and can score often. But just 2 or 3 defensive stops with little to none penalties and Bell has this game.

Bell is good, and better, but you're over estimating too much.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I don't know where he's at but I know where he's not, #1! LMAO

Sorry guys, I had to! Don't know Coach Hilton but I've heard he's a great coach.

Actually when he left Bell last time to go to Pikeville College he was either a game ahead or behind Haywood.
Hatz Wrote:Actually when he left Bell last time to go to Pikeville College he was either a game ahead or behind Haywood.

There’s no doubt he’s a great football mind, proves it over and over but he’s older than Haywood and how much longer you thing either one have in the tank. My opinion if he’d stayed at Bell he’d have as many championships and won as many games as Haywood and like Haywood he’d be turning over what he built to see it last. That’s not Dudley though, never has been he’ll drain the coffers at Bell Co for what he can get and be gone in a couple years and they’ll still be wishing him back...same story over and over
Hatz Wrote:Actually when he left Bell last time to go to Pikeville College he was either a game ahead or behind Haywood.

guess you wouldn't have left dear old corbin so your son could go to school:please:
[quote=smoke1015]If that happens, I will be shocked.[/QUOTE:Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Actually Dudley Hilton is #2 or 3 in career wins in KY I think. As to why disliked, I will let others fill in those gaps.

Per KHSAA website

200 wins // Wins at out-of-state schools are not counted toward the top Kentucky coaching wins list
(updated 1/8/18)
Wins Coach School(s) Overall Record (Years) 2017 Record Record in
Title Games
428 * Philip Haywood Belfry 428-131 (43) 11-2 6-6
368 * Dudley Hilton Bell Co./Bourbon Co./Bell Co./
Taylor Co./Bell Co.
368-120 (39) 7-5 3-0
345 Bob Schneider Newport Central Catholic 345-183-2 (44) ---- 3-6
336 Mike Glaser St. Xavier 336-78 (31) ---- 7-4
326 Sam Harp Danville 326-106 (32) ---- 7-3
317 Bob Redman Durrett/Waggener/Ballard/Male 317-115 (35) ---- 3-3
316 Ivan McGlone Russell 316-151 (38) # ---- 2-1
314 * Mark Brown Marion Co./Nelson Co./John Hardin/
Elizabethtown
314-132 (36) 12-2 1-1
312 * Larry French Mercer Co./Meade Co./Lincoln Co./
Boyle Co./Southwestern
312-159 (40) 10-3 2-1
303 * Tom Larkey Rockcastle County/Harlan
County/Perry County Central
303-136 (37) 7-4 0-2

He was ahead but I believe it was more than 1 game because it was the Pike Central game and he was there to show respect for Coach Haywood. The reason I can remember that game because Pike Central’s head Coach took his players off the field right after the game and wouldn’t let his players shake hands like they usually do after the game. Can’t remember the coaches name but think he came from Breathit County
No doubt about it. #1 Bell is better. #2 Dudley can Coach. #3 Corbin will win this game by 3 TD's.
STIFFY Wrote:Probably one of the biggest advantage for Corbin Friday will be little Napoleon Bonaparte along w his personal microphone and his crew in the stripes

For the slow Corbin fan please show from my quote where I was giving an excuse if we lose on the contrary just listing an obvious advantage if that is the crew
chs crazy Wrote:He’s not liked very much at all by Corbin fans, built Bell Co football into a state power twice won 2 titles there last one in 2008 and one before in 1991 I believe. No disrespect, he’s a great football mind, can flat out coach but Bell is like a psycho ex girlfriend with him he keeps dumping them for someone else and they keep begging him back over and over again

Ok , thanks
chs crazy Wrote:There’s no doubt he’s a great football mind, proves it over and over but he’s older than Haywood and how much longer you thing either one have in the tank. My opinion if he’d stayed at Bell he’d have as many championships and won as many games as Haywood and like Haywood he’d be turning over what he built to see it last. That’s not Dudley though, never has been he’ll drain the coffers at Bell Co for what he can get and be gone in a couple years and they’ll still be wishing him back...same story over and over

To be honest, I will be shocked if Philip Heywood is still coaching Belfry after next season. At most he may coach the 2021 class but I believe that will be it for the Ol Man. Could be wrong but I don't think I am.

As far as Hilton having as many wins and championships if he'd stayed at Bell I'd be afraid to say. But it is quite possible that he would have.
STIFFY Wrote:For the slow Corbin fan please show from my quote where I was giving an excuse if we lose on the contrary just listing an obvious advantage if that is the crew

Okay you asked if anyone had watched the Alcoa game and insinuated this crew was the reason that Corbin beat Alcoa and stated that if this crew is there Friday night it’s a big advantage for Corbin but your not trying to use this as an excuse for losing, :lmao: but hey it’s your story tell it how you want, just glad I got to hear this from such an educated Bell Co fan..
Rip/Spin Wrote:Per KHSAA website

200 wins // Wins at out-of-state schools are not counted toward the top Kentucky coaching wins list
(updated 1/8/18)
Wins Coach School(s) Overall Record (Years) 2017 Record Record in
Title Games
428 * Philip Haywood Belfry 428-131 (43) 11-2 6-6
368 * Dudley Hilton Bell Co./Bourbon Co./Bell Co./
Taylor Co./Bell Co.
368-120 (39) 7-5 3-0
345 Bob Schneider Newport Central Catholic 345-183-2 (44) ---- 3-6
336 Mike Glaser St. Xavier 336-78 (31) ---- 7-4
326 Sam Harp Danville 326-106 (32) ---- 7-3
317 Bob Redman Durrett/Waggener/Ballard/Male 317-115 (35) ---- 3-3
316 Ivan McGlone Russell 316-151 (38) # ---- 2-1
314 * Mark Brown Marion Co./Nelson Co./John Hardin/
Elizabethtown
314-132 (36) 12-2 1-1
312 * Larry French Mercer Co./Meade Co./Lincoln Co./
Boyle Co./Southwestern
312-159 (40) 10-3 2-1
303 * Tom Larkey Rockcastle County/Harlan
County/Perry County Central
303-136 (37) 7-4 0-2

Dont know if you just forgot to add it or not but Heywood started out as head coach at Prestonsburg. Some of those wins were there. Not sure how many though.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Dont know if you just forgot to add it or not but Heywood started out as head coach at Prestonsburg. Some of those wins were there. Not sure how many though.

I just copied this from the KHSAA website. That is the totals they are showing.
It's really amazing how much jealousy there is of Coach Hilton. He is a worker, motivator, and outstanding football coach. I believe Corbin will have their hands full Friday night. It should be a great game.
There is NO WAY, Coach Hilton should allow Ashurst to call that game. After what he did to Alcoa no way. I just don't see Hilton agreeing to that. Excuse for losing NO, taking a game from a school, it happened. Look at the 2017 Corbin/ Alcoa updates post #54 , I said it would happen and if his crew is on this game it will happen again.

I don't think Ashurst calls this one , Bell beats the Hounds at home by 7
WhyLie Wrote:There is NO WAY, Coach Hilton should allow Ashurst to call that game. After what he did to Alcoa no way. I just don't see Hilton agreeing to that. Excuse for losing NO, taking a game from a school, it happened. Look at the 2017 Corbin/ Alcoa updates post #54 , I said it would happen and if his crew is on this game it will happen again.

I don't think Ashurst calls this one , Bell beats the Hounds at home by 7

Yep Ashurst went with us to Austin Peay and helped us beat Mayfield last year then traveled to Louisville and helped us beat CentralConfusednicker:
chs crazy Wrote:There’s no doubt he’s a great football mind, proves it over and over but he’s older than Haywood and how much longer you thing either one have in the tank. My opinion if he’d stayed at Bell he’d have as many championships and won as many games as Haywood and like Haywood he’d be turning over what he built to see it last. That’s not Dudley though, never has been he’ll drain the coffers at Bell Co for what he can get and be gone in a couple years and they’ll still be wishing him back...same story over and over

I disagree. I don't see anymore titles for Bell County than they already have. When he left in the mid 90's or in the 10's the Bobcats didn't have the talent for anymore titles regardless of who was coach.
BobcatForever Wrote:guess you wouldn't have left dear old corbin so your son could go to school:please:

I'm not from Corbin. You have me confused with someone else.

And I think I was supporting his record. :lame:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next