• 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Bell Co @ Corbin 10/12
Top 10 facts I know about this game.

#1. Bell County is coming to our house.
#2. Corbin will be focused, this isn’t just a regular season team. This will be the district title game. It’s personal!
#3. Corbin has more athletes and speed that play 1 way
#4. Greer Knows what you are running before the ball is snapped. His D will be prepared.
#5. Haddix is 2-0 against Hilton, 7-0 against Bell
#6. Corbin has a more balanced offensive team. The Qb can run and throw and makes very few mistakes.
#7. Better prepared by the opponents they have faced this season.
#8. Team speed advantage on both offense and defense.
#9. More experienced Upperclassmen team.
#10. Better overall staff. The kids will be prepared come Friday night.
STIFFY Wrote:Most on here probably weren’t alive the last time Corbin won a title

2008 isn’t exactly yesterday there little fella especially for someone who’s came in next to last in the district the last few years. Ignore our success all you want Dudley being Dudley you guys gonna be crying again soon
chs crazy Wrote::please: Let’s not forget this Corbin team is the great majority of a state runner up team returning, Bell added a QB and running back and now they’re world beaters again, you all are worse than TN fans

:notworthy
chs crazy Wrote:2008 isn’t exactly yesterday there little fella especially for someone who’s came in next to last in the district the last few years. Ignore our success all you want Dudley being Dudley you guys gonna be crying again soon

lets not forget Bobcat fans we are the only ones east of 75 that has down years :igiveup:
Hound05 Wrote:Dud will never win another state championship. Mark it down. I’m not saying that with hate, because personally next year, I don’t give a rats @ss about him or bell. But the talent that use to flow through there isn’t what it used to be. Even pulling from Harlan and and Pineville won’t be enough. Belfry will once again take over 3A with no one really to stop them.

With Boyle, Corbin, and Central all moving to 4A may look like the Pirates will be the "Kings of 3A" once again but they'll still be some stiff competition. Dont forget, Ashland drops to 3A and both CAL and DeSales move up to 3A. I do think the Pirates have a better shot to win 3A next year though. This years playoff run is just down right brutal! Next year will be our 2020 senior class that's absolutely loaded with talent. The same kids that went 15-0 as 8th graders winning the KHSAA State Championship. First time any Belfry Middle School team ever went undefeated, beating Pikeville twice and Johnson County three times along the way. And that was also the year that Ashland entered the tournament then refused to play Belfry when the brackets filled out that way and just forfeited. For the first time in a really long time it's looking like our O-Line may just be our problem area. Ethan Wolford, at Center, is going to be the only returning starter next year. Our other four starters graduate. Shawn Cochran, who has been rotating and playing alot this year at Tackle, will also be back for his Senior year and starting somewhere. After that I honestly don't know. I do know we have a couple of good looking kids to fill the voided spots just don't know where they'll line up across the front. Heywood and his staff will figure it out. Belfry seems to always make the O-Line workout somehow when it seems like it may be a weak spot in the offense. But after next year you could see Belfry become very average for a spell. IMO, I think next year may be the "Legends" last year as the "Head Man" for the Pirates. Haven't heard anything of the sort just a strong feeling I have. That's just my two cents on the matter. This year will be a tall task for the Pond Creek Pirates to hoist the trophy, not saying we can't or won't, but it will be a high mountain to climb. But next year, I think Belfry will be heavy favorites to grab #7. After that I think we drop off considerably and you may see a new face patrolling the sidelines as the new head coach at Belfry for the first time in over 30 years.
BobcatForever Wrote:lets not forget Bobcat fans we are the only ones east of 75 that has down years :igiveup:

o yeah forgot about you Pjdoug sorry
Redhounds by 14
Twitter: @tc_analytics

HighViz Wrote:Top 10 facts I know about this game.

#1. Bell County is coming to our house.
#2. Corbin will be focused, this isn’t just a regular season team. This will be the district title game. It’s personal!
#3. Corbin has more athletes and speed that play 1 way
#4. Greer Knows what you are running before the ball is snapped. His D will be prepared.
#5. Haddix is 2-0 against Hilton, 7-0 against Bell
#6. Corbin has a more balanced offensive team. The Qb can run and throw and makes very few mistakes.
#7. Better prepared by the opponents they have faced this season.
#8. Team speed advantage on both offense and defense.
#9. More experienced Upperclassmen team.
#10. Better overall staff. The kids will be prepared come Friday night.

agree with #1,#4#5#9and #7 the rest time will tell:biggrin:
For people that truly know high school football. Should know it doesn't take Dudley long to be great again once he returns to Bell Co.
IMO, and no historical bias, but just for my own peach of mind, I wish Bell could win this one by like 35+. But being as I'm not a dreamer, and I'm not trolling (this week), I don't see that happening. I still say Corbin by 21, but with Bell fighting every ounce of the way, and being hard to get consistent 4 and outs against. IMO even if Bell does go 4 and out, a lot, I think they will be JUST coming up short of 1st downs by a yard, or less, out of their 4 downs. I don't see how Corbin can completely keep them out of the endzone. But I will say, Corbin has good tackling, and to beat Bell that is 100% what it's going to take. WHere as Corbin really has that multiple threat, of through the air, on the ground with their own QB, or handing it to that dynamic freshman RB. He's still not quite built for the high-school contact yet though. And Bell has some dudes that are hosses. IMO, Bell's offensive line, I do think, will win that matchup against Corbin's defensive line. I think Corbin's O-line will, in turn, beat Bell's defensive line. Corbin has many more fresh bodies is also a problem, as some of the Bell kids playing both ways will surely get tired going into the middle of that 2nd quarter, and then later on by the end of that 3rd quarter. Numbers could definitely play a big part of this one. I would bet Bell catches even that great Corbin secondary, asleep, at least once, for a 20+ yard pass play. It'll be one that would be easily defended, but you just sort of fall to sleep on it, with their varied power running attack. One thing I'll give Dudley and any of his RB coach's, and line coach's, that dude finds some darn effective and good blocking schemes for that running game, whether it's just a simple combo, pulls, counters, counter-trap, end trap, etc..etc.. He has every one of those in the book, and then some. But Haddix was a QB, and the spread offense is here to stay, while the power game, sadly, is slipping away.
BobcatForever Wrote:agree with #1,#4#5#9and #7 the rest time will tell:biggrin:

2 3 6 8 10. Are true as well. You know it. They aren’t even a question.
Hounds by 7. Bell is much improved but Hounds just have more athletes.
HighViz Wrote:2 3 6 8 10. Are true as well. You know it. They aren’t even a question.

that's why we are fans you got your opinion I got mine and sir I back my team thru the good and the bad come Friday we will be there win lose or draw and hope it a good o'l smash mouth high school football game and injury free for both teams and if we lose still be proud of our boys and congratulate the other team!!!!:Thumbs:
Dudley will show up with his game face and make it a smash mouth game.
Dudley is no spring chicken I know they have really improved this year but how many years does the dud have left?? After he retires will BELL go back to struggling again?? We have all seen what's it like at Bell without Dudley around.
Dudley is there now. Worry about post Dudley when he is gone.
E's Army Wrote:Dudley will show up with his game face and make it a smash mouth game.

He may be the best head coach I've ever seen at doing that, especially still being able to do it today. Really he doesn't have one lineman that is one of those 6'6" 300 pound brutes he's had before. He does have some pretty strong ones though, with some weight, 6 footish guys with good leg drive, and really great at getting off the ball. They reset our line of scrimmage by 2 to 3 yards, every single play. Then the fullback was gonna block someone else out for another 2 or 3 yards, and the quick halfback was then going to shoot in, and if we didn't miss him (we did way too much), he can also leg drive for another 3 to 5 yards. For a small D line you BETTER have some darn physical linebackers (which I think Corbin does have), but also be ready to bring a safety down, etc..Dud may try to catch the secondary off guard in this game a bit more. But then again, he may not. Staying away from Corbin's secondary is a good idea unless you have about 3 race horses as wide receivers, with a pinpoint passer. Definitely a battle of styles will go down this Friday. If Bell losses this one close, I won't be shocked at all. If they win, I'll be mildy surprised. My fingers are crossed though. lol
Corbin - 36
Bell Co - 20
Running clock for the hounds. I think it’ll be sometime in the second half before it starts running, maybe even the fourth quarter. The clock will run though. Dudley will score one or two on the jv late. Final score will be somewhere around 42-14 Corbin.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Running clock for the hounds. I think it’ll be sometime in the second half before it starts running, maybe even the fourth quarter. The clock will run though. Dudley will score one or two on the jv late. Final score will be somewhere around 42-14 Corbin.

If that happens, I will be shocked.
Wondering if Haddix will let Bell up in the press box and give them a place to change? I think he will and won’t stoop to Hilton’s level. I was at last years playoff game. Bell showed up fully dress with about 20-30 mins before kick off. I think he let them use it that game but it’s a different season this year. I heard the new Qb was running routes on Log Mountain, again that is just hear say. Should be a great atmosphere come Friday night. Helicopter in the game ball??
chs crazy Wrote::please: Let’s not forget this Corbin team is the great majority of a state runner up team returning, Bell added a QB and running back and now they’re world beaters again, you all are worse than TN fans

And 5 years from now nobody, except the few Corbin fans, will remember that. Probably most have forgotten already, but everyone remembers the champ. When was the last state championship win for Corbin? Quit acting like you’re world beaters, you’re not.
42-28 bell. Watching this team play is amazing. The power attack will be too much, some games coach Hilton has tried to adjust to different schemes with more passes and spreads and more. But to be honest, they could’ve scored 70 on everyone if they powered the ball down their throats. Defense is key in this one though. Corbin will score and can score often. But just 2 or 3 defensive stops with little to none penalties and Bell has this game.
Hilton won’t pass the 🏈. He is gonna run and attempt to keep it a low scoring game and control the clock. I predict the Redhounds load the box, corners on an island. #7 #9 #17 and #32 will meet you for formal introductions at the line of scrimmage.
Side note - these guys won’t need help bringing down the big boy alone.
Who is Dudley, and what is the animosity towards him about?
Hacksaw Wrote:And 5 years from now nobody, except the few Corbin fans, will remember that. Probably most have forgotten already, but everyone remembers the champ. When was the last state championship win for Corbin? Quit acting like you’re world beaters, you’re not.

Boy that sailed right over the feeble little head didn’t it... 2008 isn’t exactly yesterday and when exactly was the last time the volunbobcats beat the Hounds. We may not be world beaters but we been kicking that ass for a while now see ya Friday night!!
HighViz Wrote:Hilton won’t pass the 🏈. He is gonna run and attempt to keep it a low scoring game and control the clock. I predict the Redhounds load the box, corners on an island. #7 #9 #17 and #32 will meet you for formal introductions at the line of scrimmage.
Side note - these guys won’t need help bringing down the big boy alone.

No offense but that big boy “might” get tackled by one guy, and if so, will get 5 or more yards a carry.
rookie57 Wrote:Who is Dudley, and what is the animosity towards him about?

Confusednicker: this is awesome they’ll be Bell fans setting themselves on fire in the streets someone doesn’t know the hateful ass old ball coach!!! Prepare to be lectured to young man only not me, but I promise you’ll fall asleep :Clap:
Probably one of the biggest advantage for Corbin Friday will be little Napoleon Bonaparte along w his personal microphone and his crew in the stripes
I will be shocked if he doesn’t have the game
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next