•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Mayfield @ Austin Peay Univ.
First post here. I've been watching from the sidelines here in the tread and now I'll tag myself in. First I want to say that I enjoy reading post from both sides. This is the game that I have personally been looking forward to since week 1. I think this game is more important to Mayfield then Corin, in that we need to be tested. This game will tell us allot of what we are made of or if we are good as we think we are. To be completely honest I have some major concerns about Mayfield's defense. I predict this to be a long game with allot of points on the board. 49-42 Mayfield.
Mayfield cannot do to Corbin what Boyle did last year. If Corbin is better than they were in 2017 then I like their chances vs Mayfield. The only problem is their #1 WR out. How much difference will that make? We'll see.
FoSho Wrote:Mayfield cannot do to Corbin what Boyle did last year. If Corbin is better than they were in 2017 then I like their chances vs Mayfield. The only problem is their #1 WR out. How much difference will that make? We'll see.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking. Corbin is a little better than they were last year, and it took Boyle Co to blow them out.

Mayfield may beat Corbin. But Mayfield is NOT Boyle Co, and Mayfield will NOT blow out Corbin.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I don't like or understand these past two games for Corbin. Corbin obviously has a legit title shot this year, last year, and years to come, so why play these 1A and 2A powerhouses? If I was scheduling for Corbin I'd be setting up games with Cov Cath, Bowling Green, Scott County, Alcoa every year, and games that help Corbin. Playing Beechwood and Mayfield only helps Beechwood and Mayfield in my opinion.

You do realize Corbin is 1-1 the last 2 years vs Beechwood, and 1-2 the last 3 years vs Mayfield right? All have been close games how do you figure neither Beechwood, or Mayfield presents enough of a challenge to help Corbin? Cov Cath is not the type of team anybody in 1-4a needs on there schedule the last couple years. I commend Beechwood for playing them like they always do. If Corbin played Cov Cath it would be the best team they would face, but it might hurt their confidence.
The Spread Wrote:That's actually exactly what I was thinking. Corbin is a little better than they were last year, and it took Boyle Co to blow them out.

Mayfield may beat Corbin. But Mayfield is NOT Boyle Co, and Mayfield will NOT blow out Corbin.

Should be a great game!
Love the smack talk! You are fast, we are slow. You can pass, we can’t. You can run, we can’t. You may very well be the best offensive team we have played this season, I’ll let ya know after the game. I figure we have played already some great teams with speed and size. Let’s compare our opponents. The way I see it is you have one position on offense that is better than Corbin. The WR position. That’s real talk. If we had our #5 that would be a wash in my opinion too. Our Qb is a stud, will throw and run. Our young Rb is a stud. And our Lineman have stopped multiple D-1 commits already. Then you guys out in Mayfield say you worry about giving up too many points. I’m not worried about Our D giving up a lot of points. We are pretty decent at that. Generally a very disciplined unit and don’t make mistakes. I’m not saying we will blow ya out, you are a really good team. but we are a good team all the way around. We are better, stronger and faster than last year, all the way around. Your scores will come from a missed assignment or a missed tackle on the sideline. Don’t try to worry us with speed. Danville and Beechwood had those speedy guys outside as well. It’s gonna be a good game. 28-14 Hounds is my prediction.
According to both fan bases, both teams are improved from last year. Since it was a 19-16 game in 17, I'm expecting a close one here, as well. Mayfield, unlike years past, have given up more big plays than I can remember in a long time, but, to there credit, have always bounced back with a bang and once they start scoring on you, they're hard to stop. It's hard to keep up. I do think this Corbin team is the most capable team Mayfield has played that may can go score for score with them and have the depth to maintain it for 4 quarters. For some reason, Mayfield's defense always settles down in the 2nd half and plays much better. I give the coaching staff credit for making necessary adjustments at the break. The consistent with them is they're going to constantly attack on offense, spread you out and keep you guessing and for those that say Mayfield is a short pass team, I'm afraid you may be thinking of past Mayfield squads, because this team consistently hits the mid range(10-20 yards) to long passes(20+ yards) and there QB has yet to throw a pick this season. From Corbin's side of things, Estep best weapon may be his legs. While he's got a strong and accurate arm, the Cards must worry about him tucking and running for big gains when the pocket breaks down. This could be a big factor in the outcome. Mayfield's front 7 will have to play sound and make tackles on 1st or 2nd contact and hold there own vs the Hounds OL or it could be a long night. Overall, I like Corbins D and the OL vs the Cards DL and I like Mayfield's O running or passing and the athletes in the skill positions.. In the end, I think both teams find some success and make plays to keep things close, but, I'll take Mayfield making one more big play down the stretch 34-31
mysonis55 Wrote:You are about to see those amazing receivers. I think I have stated on here before, this very well could be the best offense Mayfield has had ever. That means even better than 2010. Watch the game, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Wow, well if they do this could be a very interesting ball game. Unfortunately (although I want to) I will be working my own football game that week. This should be a Saturday night light game.
mysonis55 Wrote:I borrowed the Delorian. I went 1 week into the future. 64 was crying again.

The score is:
MHS 51
CHS 29

Don’t forget to bring your’re homeboys referee’s again this year. :ref2::ref2::ref2: You will need them to keep this game close. Remember 55 I also llook into the future and saw you begging to the mayfield coach not to played Corbin again. :biglmao::
Friday can’t get here soon enough. I love a good road trip & Go Hounds!
Long ride to Austin Peay from Corbin. Long game fighting the cramps from chasing the race horses wearing red helmets. Then even longer ride back.
mysonis55 Wrote:Long ride to Austin Peay from Corbin. Long game fighting the cramps from chasing the race horses wearing red helmets. Then even longer ride back.

You said earlier Mayfield will get 51 points. You really believe the Cards got 35 points better since last year?
Dear 55... Hahahha gonna be an even longer day for you when you finally wake up...
bcpc Wrote:Dear 55... Hahahha gonna be an even longer day for you when you finally wake up...

You gotta give it to them. This is the same confidence they expressed last year.
Where in the hell is that weed plant Pjdoug Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:You gotta give it to them. This is the same confidence they expressed last year.

Yep, and we will have the same confidence the next game, and every game we play, that’s Cardinals football
64SUR Wrote:Where in the hell is that weed plant Pjdoug Confusednicker:

Hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing!
rookie57 Wrote:Yep, and we will have the same confidence the next game, and every game we play, that’s Cardinals football

That’s good. I wouldn’t want to play this game if the other team expected to lose. We could drive down the road just to beat someone. These are the games that prepare you for bigger goals
Honestly, what we on this board say, really doesn't matter.. These 2 coaching staffs have played in a lot of big games over the years and they know how to prepare there teams. Coach Morris is in his 20th season as Head Coach to go along with 8 years as an assistant. He's been involved in 18 state championship games during his tenure, so, I'm sure he is preparing his team to be at there best when they get off the bus. Haddix has been doing this awhile himself and I'm sure he'll also have the Hounds ready when they hit the field and that's what it's all about. Good luck to both teams. Hopefully, they'll come out injury free and see each other again in Lexington where they can root each other on..
^^ That’s the end goal. This game is good for everyone and all aspects. Prepares both teams. Fans love it. I’m sure the college and town like the money it brings in. It’s a tad far but that’s the price you have to pay for competition
Already three pages long and it's just Sunday evening.
killbilly usmc Wrote:He ain't back you would have to leave to be back. It seems like pj is always lurking 24/7 on this board anytime there are 2 good teams playing. It's like being in the woods at camp crystal lake. You know Jason Voorhees is there and about to attack question is when. Wish someone would put that troll picture of him up again typing away on his computer in his mother's basement.

I've not been on here and don't have a basement. I still like you better than birdbrain55
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:I don't like or understand these past two games for Corbin. Corbin obviously has a legit title shot this year, last year, and years to come, so why play these 1A and 2A powerhouses? If I was scheduling for Corbin I'd be setting up games with Cov Cath, Bowling Green, Scott County, Alcoa every year, and games that help Corbin. Playing Beechwood and Mayfield only helps Beechwood and Mayfield in my opinion.

Corbin has never been afraid of competition. if you look back they have played against and beat some of the biggest and best schools.
dt812005 Wrote:Cant wait! Best game of the schedule for Mayfield. I think the Cards when by a touchdown. 7 man reciever rotation mixed with a platoon rotation of the offensive and defensive line, I'd say we'll wear the hounds down.

when what? wear them down with a platoon is hilarious. lol
Hound05 Wrote:Nah Corbin don’t have short buses

I seriously wanted to go to this game. I guess I have to sit at home and listen to it on the radio while you lick the bus windows.
dt812005 Wrote:Well hope thats not the case. MF played as awful as they could last year against Corbin and was still right there in the fourth. Having alot of kids return from that team I like our chances. Corbin made a whole video on YouTube after they beat Mayfield like that was their state championship. Reminds me of when marshall county beat Mayfield in 03 in the regular season and had shirts made to celebrate the win. Smh
You must be one of 55's personalities.
Snakesnot Wrote:I think the defense is playing somewhat better but this will be their biggest test until deep into the playoffs. Stinson is not the same QB that Corbin saw last year , he is much more accurate and throws with more power. Corbin will be hardnosed and this will be a challenge and will help both teams but I really don't think Corbin can take all of Mayfield's weapons away to win this game.

Can Mayfield take Corbin's weapons away?
64SUR Wrote:Look for Corbin to showcase inew offensive weapon this week. Mayfield fans will know it when they see it. Corbin fans already knows it...... A super star will be turn loose. :runtouchd

Corbin 42
Mayfield 24

Did they get another Whitley County transfer? lol
Snakesnot Wrote:I think they win them both:truestory:

You thought the same thing last year :Clap:
mysonis55 Wrote:I borrowed the Delorian. I went 1 week into the future. 64 was crying again.

The score is:
MHS 51
CHS 29
laughs uncontrollably
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next