Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Osborne from South Floyd accepts scholarship to Union
WHats up, I know it, I just saw it on Sports Overtime, and figured I would check it out...You should have let someone know about it., lol... Big Grin
Heres the story I wrote on the main page about Joe..

Joe Osborne of South Floyd High School in Hi Hat, Kentucky, signs letter of intent and accepts scholarship to play football for Union College. Head coach of Union, Tommy Reid, and his assistants met with Joe Osborne today at South Floyd High School for signing activities. .

It was a small crowd of teammates, friends, family and well-wishers that assembled in the Library of South Floyd High School Thursday, March 17, to witness Joe Osborne signing a letter of intent to play football at Union College. It was a happy moment for Osborne, his family and his head football coach, Donnie Daniels. The.......

5’9, 165-pound running back rushed for 2800 yards and 27 touchdowns his two seasons at South Floyd. Osborne played defensive back in Detroit Michigan before he came to Kentucky. Coach Donnie Daniels was impressed with Osborne’s speed and immediately moved him to the running back slot. Joe helped lead the South Floyd Raiders to their best regular season record in school history his senior season.

Following the signing, Osborne said he felt fortunate to be able to attend the Union College. Osborne said, "They have great academics, the team is on the rise, and the coaches are great. It has everything I wanted, and there's no way I was going to turn down this opportunity."

Osborne went on to say, "I can't imagine my life without football," Osborne said. "I am so happy the coaches at Union saw something in me that will allow me to keep playing football and get an education. "I loved the campus, the coaching staff, the players and it's a great academic school," Osborne said. "I think I can go in there and contribute as a freshman, but the coaches told me it was up to me. I want to help make the team better, and I'm willing to do anything to get that done."" When asked if he had any final comments, Osborne said, "I don't have anything to say really except, "Go Bulldogs."

Jarrod Compton said, , "I'm totally happy for Joe, knowing that this is what he's worked for over the last four years," He's not only a great football player, he's a complete football player...a great student and a great example of character to bring into a college program. He's everything you'd want as a college recruit."
Awesome....... 8)
TATE_64 Wrote:WHats up, I know it, I just saw it on Sports Overtime, and figured I would check it out...You should have let someone know about it., lol... Big Grin

I was at a few SF basketball games sporting my bluegrassrivals shirt.. I would of told you over there. But soon as they caught word of the site.. They suspended my accound :wink:
torQQue Wrote:
TATE_64 Wrote:WHats up, I know it, I just saw it on Sports Overtime, and figured I would check it out...You should have let someone know about it., lol... Big Grin

I was at a few SF basketball games sporting my bluegrassrivals shirt.. I would of told you over there. But soon as they caught word of the site.. They suspended my accound :wink:

lol I was wondering why you got suspended...Well IM no longer aloud on there either....lol Didn't paypal them an y more money... football season is over.... 8)
TATE_64 Wrote:
torQQue Wrote:

lol I was wondering why you got suspended...Well IM no longer aloud on there either....lol Didn't paypal them an y more money... football season is over.... 8)

Thats great!! No need to give your money to them anymore. You will be right at home here. However, its really been slow during the state tourny. Everyone is lexington.. I surprised you not.. We usually keep about 90 on at all times.. Everything should pick back up soon after the tourney.. I will be needing some more help soon and would like for you to help maybe as a moderator.. I will PM you with more details. Going to do start a BGR newspaper soon... That will be big for the site..
Tate you must speard the word to all those east Ky fans who now live in that area where you now reside
Doc Holliday Wrote:Tate you must speard the word to all those east Ky fans who now live in that area where you now reside

Exactly.. THis site has been up for a little over two months.. Its growing so rapidly.. Thanks to people like doc..
Awesome, Will do.........
Just heard.. well alittle early that Wes is going this week to visit with Union also. Joe and Wes may once again be united together in the backfield at Union.
torQQue Wrote:Just heard.. well alittle early that Wes is going this week to visit with Union also. Joe and Wes may once again be united together in the backfield at Union.

Thats awesome..........Hopefully they will do well in college, like they did in High School.......
Joe is the man. I'm so happy for him. He's a good friend of mine and one of the best people I've ever met.
Congrats Joe....And Make sure you tell everyone Tate