Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Girls Basketball
Basketball_Jones Wrote:They have Hayley Caudill, Desiree Sturgill, Simone Beverly, Libby Danner (all who played for Coach Larry Caudill in grade school at R W Combs on numerous championship teams). Caudill and Danner also played on the 14 Region Middle School Girl's Championship team from 2016 along with returning center Annie Harris. This should be the core of Hazard's team with several good players on the bench in relief.

With all due respect, I don’t think using the 2016 regional championship title helps the case. Hazard only won by 1 point, beating a 6th grade RW Combs team with one 8th grader on the floor.
What about Joanna Hagans? Pretty sure she, Caudill, Annie, Sturgill and Beverly will be starters.
panther123 Wrote:With all due respect, I don’t think using the 2016 regional championship title helps the case. Hazard only won by 1 point, beating a 6th grade RW Combs team with one 8th grader on the floor.

Hey, to be sure it was a battle of Titans, "the immovable object being struck with the unstoppable force", one for the annals of girls basketball for true. However, my friend, a win is a win is a win. One point or 100 points, it doesn't matter.

As for Joanna Hagans/Wallace, she'll be a force to be reckoned with for sure. Don't think she's ready for a starter slot yet, but look for her to come in and out of the game, giving the starters a break and showing what she's got. She's one to watch!

Jonesy