Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard Girls Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After watching Hazard today, they’d better try to get Brashear back on the bench. 50 point loss to South Laurel without their best player and 16 point loss to Knott without Higgins, their only returning starter.
Wow! Who was on the bench?
Sondra Combs
Listen guys, she's had TWO games. Give her a chance!!! I think she will do fine this season if she gets the opportunity. South would beat everybody in this region by 35 or more. I was told that Knott County played a great game. Also had a Knott parent say they played better team ball today than they played all year last year.
If they want a chance to keep Caudill at Hazard, they need to get a coach. Unless something changes don’t expect her to be at Hazard come this fall.
Why dont they just hire Larry Caudill. He is a great coach.
Heard they’re going after south laurel’s John Walker pretty hard.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Why dont they just hire Larry Caudill. He is a great coach.

I heard that they give the job to Larry Caudill.
The job has not been posted yet. No coach has been named.
When the superintendent does the dumb things hazard does it will be hard to find a coach. Brashear has the best season they’ve had in 20 years and she can’t wait to push him out for nothing.
Hear they are hard on the trail of Jon Walker. Id say the plan is to let him coach girls until Big Al retires.
I dont see jon taking it this year. hard to walk away from how good south will be this year
Who all does Hazard have returning, who are their key players for next year?
BlueGold1 Wrote:The job has not been posted yet. No coach has been named.

Posted on khsaa website open jobs.
They have Caudill, Beverly, and Sturgill. They are going to be young down low. Harris and Maggard will have to play the majority of the minutes under the goal, with little to no varsity time under there belt. They will have to live and die with guard play next year. Sturgill and Caudill will have to carry the team to each and every win.
[Image: 2ca84y.jpg] Ole Fatpat ran into this dawggie fan at summy ball and the brutha was worried something fierce baby! Ole Fatpat said looky here lil guy send Sturgill and Caudill over and we rock Mortys all freaking year! Ole Fatpat said wez get that hair fixed and get you some Patriot apparrel! Boi started tearing up something special and tried to hug ole Fatpat! #DOORALWAYSOPENATMORTYS More mash taters please!!!
I heard from a couple of kids that Hazard canceled the rest of summer basketball. They said no players would show up.
This is a shame. They looked to be having a bright future. Heard Caudill dad shopping her around all over. Any word on where she is going? What about any of the others? They staying?
Rumor around town is that she is headed over to the 15th!! Could get interesting!!
Which 15th region team.
Has Hazard hired a coach yet?
Any news on a coach?
Larry Caudill to be named the new Hazard Girls Basketball Coach! Great hire, he is someone that will put the work in to get the most out of the girls!
dkrude Wrote:Larry Caudill to be named the new Hazard Girls Basketball Coach! Great hire, he is someone that will put the work in to get the most out of the girls!

[Image: 8U658Gl.gif]

Congrats to ole larry. Welcome to fatpat's region, wowza!

#boibettergethimsomehelp More mash taters please!!!
KyBoy24 Wrote:Who all does Hazard have returning, who are their key players for next year?

They have Hayley Caudill, Desiree Sturgill, Simone Beverly, Libby Danner (all who played for Coach Larry Caudill in grade school at R W Combs on numerous championship teams). Caudill and Danner also played on the 14 Region Middle School Girl's Championship team from 2016 along with returning center Annie Harris. This should be the core of Hazard's team with several good players on the bench in relief.
Hazard apparently backed out on a home/away series that was booked by previous staff with Owsley.
Boogie Wrote:Hazard apparently backed out on a home/away series that was booked by previous staff with Owsley.
What was the reason? Those two schools have been playing one another for several years.
Hazard hasn't played Owsley in a while.
Jackson Wrote:Hazard hasn't played Owsley in a while.

Regardless they had scheduled 2 games for this season until the coaching change and Owsley was told they wouldn’t play
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What was the reason? Those two schools have been playing one another for several years.

I don’t think one was given
Pages: 1 2