Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers in the 14th & 15th?
eky.sports.fan Wrote:So it seems like Knott, Perry Central, Breathitt and Hazard have all greatly improved their rosters by recruiting players for the upcoming season. No one could seriously think the KHSAA will do anything more than just rubber stamp everyone's eligibility and there is no possible way any of these schools would be penalized for "recruiting" (which is suppose to be against the rules) - so my question is why doesn't KHSAA just do away with the eligibility issues and allow open recruiting ? It clearly goes on anyway and the only schools that really seem to be penalized are the ones that try to follow the rules, so why not try to even the playing field a little and just get rid of those rules ?

The thing about recruiting is prove it and then something needs to be done about it. But if a player physically moves to another district, without proof of recruiting there isn't much you can do. Also, if I want my child at another district because he has a bad coach who I don't want him around then I think I should be able to take him elsewhere. I see both sides of the story, but its not a cut and dry issue.

Now if you are bringing in kids out of state who have no interest in being in Eastern Ky then that is crazy in my book to allow that to go on.
eky.sports.fan Wrote:So it seems like Knott, Perry Central, Breathitt and Hazard have all greatly improved their rosters by recruiting players for the upcoming season. No one could seriously think the KHSAA will do anything more than just rubber stamp everyone's eligibility and there is no possible way any of these schools would be penalized for "recruiting" (which is suppose to be against the rules) - so my question is why doesn't KHSAA just do away with the eligibility issues and allow open recruiting ? It clearly goes on anyway and the only schools that really seem to be penalized are the ones that try to follow the rules, so why not try to even the playing field a little and just get rid of those rules ?

The O'Hair kid, was originally from Breathitt and he transferred to Estill County last year. For whatever reason, he is back at Breathitt. I wouldn't put Breathitt on the level of Knott, Perry Central, and Hazard.
ArJay Wrote:The thing about recruiting is prove it and then something needs to be done about it. But if a player physically moves to another district, without proof of recruiting there isn't much you can do. Also, if I want my child at another district because he has a bad coach who I don't want him around then I think I should be able to take him elsewhere. I see both sides of the story, but its not a cut and dry issue.

Now if you are bringing in kids out of state who have no interest in being in Eastern Ky then that is crazy in my book to allow that to go on.

[Image:

]

#espionagegetsthemeverytime More mash taters please!!!
I never have understood why Perry didnt go out and recruit them a couple football players. All they have ever been missing is two or three skill guys with speed to make it to the 3rd and 4th rounds of the playoffs every single year. A speed guy here or there would of worked wonders for their program. They have been recruiting for basketball so long. Why not a little help in football? LOL
ArJay Wrote:The thing about recruiting is prove it and then something needs to be done about it. But if a player physically moves to another district, without proof of recruiting there isn't much you can do. Also, if I want my child at another district because he has a bad coach who I don't want him around then I think I should be able to take him elsewhere. I see both sides of the story, but its not a cut and dry issue.

I agree that the proof of recruiting is the missing link in most cases, but I don't think it would take a whole of effort from KHSAA to connect those dots by actually doing some investigation. What I am saying is why continue this fantasy that KHSAA is going to actively investigate and enforce the by-law restrctions on recruiting ? Why not just do away with them, let kids/family go wherever they want?
The KHSAA could stop ALL recruiting immediately with just the chance of one word in their Bylaw. Simply chang the word May to shall be,ineligible for 1 year of changing schools. That would stop it all no exceptions.
Buford T Justice Wrote:The KHSAA could stop ALL recruiting immediately with just the chance of one word in their Bylaw. Simply chang the word May to shall be,ineligible for 1 year of changing schools. That would stop it all no exceptions.

I like that but sadly that wouldn't stop it. Your talking about the 14th & 15th region's here. They gonna do what they wanna do and if KHSAA says no, they throw a temper tantrum, take it to court and get it over turned.

It honestly is a shame that schools/coaches (not calling anyone out) care more about winning then they do sitting an example for these young men/ladies to go by as they grow up and graduate.
Buford T Justice Wrote:The KHSAA could stop ALL recruiting immediately with just the chance of one word in their Bylaw. Simply chang the word May to shall be,ineligible for 1 year of changing schools. That would stop it all no exceptions.
Agree. 36 weeks from the time of transfer
Strikeout King Wrote:I like that but sadly that wouldn't stop it. Your talking about the 14th & 15th region's here. They gonna do what they wanna do and if KHSAA says no, they throw a temper tantrum, take it to court and get it over turned.

It honestly is a shame that schools/coaches (not calling anyone out) care more about winning then they do sitting an example for these young men/ladies to go by as they grow up and graduate.

well said.
[Image:

] Bolz ole Fatpat trying to figure out what goin on in Lotts Creek and Commode country baby! Ole Hosky trying to be sneaky brutha straight up! Negative wowza! Espionage mission showed Frazier at Alices then to Hoskys back to Alices back to McDonalds then back to Hoskys back to Perry then back to Circle T then back to Lotts creek! Ole Fatpat and the posse confused as ole Hosky was playing the Patriots last year! #hoskytryingtobelikesneakybill @gpssnappedlikeamutha More mash taters please!!!
The recruiting stuff happens everywhere half of two regions have Perry County Ladies players on their rosters

And that my friend is unfair and most likely against the Constitution. Parents do move for legit reasons and to stop a kid from playing High School Sports because parents have to move is just not right. Case in point.
:igiveup:
Billsizemore, what Perry County girls players you referring to? Hall is at South Laurel. Who are the other ones? Dont think nobody recruited them.

I thought the sole purpose to attend a public high school was to get an education. I just dont understand how you can move down here without your family and attend a public school. I can see going to Oak Hill Academy, Hargrove, or Wesley Christian. But not a public school. Did someone adopt these kids? Now if they were adopted, that changes things.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:And that my friend is unfair and most likely against the Constitution. Parents do move for legit reasons and to stop a kid from playing High School Sports because parents have to move is just not right. Case in point.
:igiveup:

If the parents get a new job and they move, I agree why not let the kids play at the new school, but how many times have we seen a kid transfer to a different school within the same region or within the same district (#noclass), and the parents have not changed jobs or moved, but lie about it, and It seems they just transfer to get on a better team, get more playing time or maybe a trip to the state tournament?

When a Coach, AD or Principal of the incoming school knows whats going on but are less than truthful about it or the outgoing school is just glad to get rid of a problem then we see nothing happening at the KHSAA level. There are some who believe if you tell the same story 3 times it becomes the truth... LOL
Austin chaffins played at lawremnce county, and his sister played at paintsville and drove to paintsville everyday.
Point being khsaa has no set rules on transfers it is case by case basis.
^ The KHSAA does have "Transfer Rules" in the 2018-2019 Handbook Bylaw 6, but who follows rules these days .... LOL, and if a kid want to play at a new school, what the hell throw him a party and give him some gas money. I have always wonder when a kid transfer is it about the kid wanting to go to a new school or the parents just not getting their way at the old school????
As the World Turns.
With some of the coaching quality at some of these schools, no wonder some kids transfer. Most of the coaches in Eastern Ky do the bare minimum. But then again most dont make any money either. Get what you pay for I guess. If you want a coach to work all year long, pay them to work. Coaching is WORK. Call it fun, call it for kids, love of the game, or whatever but these coaches should get paid for putting the work in. Sports is pretty dang important in a kids life.
Just lace them up and quit crying about it.
I always wanted them to just say where ever you are enrolled the first day of school is where you are eligible to play all year long. You can move anywhere you want during the summer, but where ever you are at when school starts is the only place you are eligible to play, PERIOD!!!!
Patriot train Wrote:I always wanted them to just say where ever you are enrolled the first day of school is where you are eligible to play all year long. You can move anywhere you want during the summer, but where ever you are at when school starts is the only place you are eligible to play, PERIOD!!!!

This makes too much sense.
I agree. This is probably the only transfer/recruiting rule that can be uniformily enforced across the state. The athletic association could then spend its time on important issues.
Patriot train Wrote:I always wanted them to just say where ever you are enrolled the first day of school is where you are eligible to play all year long. You can move anywhere you want during the summer, but where ever you are at when school starts is the only place you are eligible to play, PERIOD!!!!

So if a 👦 has a piece of trash parent that kicks him/her out and he/she has to live with his/her father or mother in another county he/she should be should not be able to play a sport that may be the only thing keeping them mentally stable? Point I am making is there is a grey area and it is not black and white. Case by case there are different circumstances there needs to be more oversight and enforcement.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

When you go grey that opens the gate and lets em all out!
Cal could take some recruiting lessons from the 14th and 15th region schools.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:So if a 👦 has a piece of trash parent that kicks him/her out and he/she has to live with his/her father or mother in another county he/she should be should not be able to play a sport that may be the only thing keeping them mentally stable? Point I am making is there is a grey area and it is not black and white. Case by case there are different circumstances there needs to be more oversight and enforcement.

If the kid is in High School, they are old enough to tell the courts who they want to live with if the parents are not together, and kids today know if their parents are POS, Dope Head or Ego Junky but they know the truth. If the kid mentally unstable they need way more than sports in their life to get back on track IMO. I know I've not seen it all but what I have seen generally are parents who need a "ego fix" and they use their kids to feed their habits.

Think about the kids you've seen transfer this year and think about who is pushing the transfer, the coach, the kid or the parent?
Cordia get them a fresh batch in?
BallFan1952 Wrote:If the kid is in High School, they are old enough to tell the courts who they want to live with if the parents are not together, and kids today know if their parents are POS, Dope Head or Ego Junky but they know the truth. If the kid mentally unstable they need way more than sports in their life to get back on track IMO. I know I've not seen it all but what I have seen generally are parents who need a "ego fix" and they use their kids to feed their habits.

Think about the kids you've seen transfer this year and think about who is pushing the transfer, the coach, the kid or the parent?
The mentally stable I was referring to was not a jab at their mental state because of drug use or any of that nonsense. Simply that sports offer an outlet and if it is taken away from a 👦 that is being yanked away from everything had/she his always known it would have negative consequences. My opinion is that there are circumstances that should be looked at and one size fits all rule is not good when it comes to this issue. I do understand and acknowledge your statement.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The mentally stable I was referring to was not a jab at their mental state because of drug use or any of that nonsense. Simply that sports offer an outlet and if it is taken away from a 👦 that is being yanked away from everything had/she his always known it would have negative consequences. My opinion is that there are circumstances that should be looked at and one size fits all rule is not good when it comes to this issue. I do understand and acknowledge your statement.

My bad, I misunderstood you point and I fully agree with you now that I understand your point.
It’s almost impossible to enforce transfer rules. You could spend years Trying to determine if a family moved to get a job or got a job to move. You must give somewhere. That’s why I like Patriots Train solution.