Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers in the 14th & 15th?
Whats the latest news on transfers for the upcoming season? I've been hearing some rumors?
What rumors have you heard?
Hazard has already received an early transfer. From what I hear all of the school's and fans that hate Cordia, are foaming at the mouth hoping the school for sure closes so they can entice some of those players that they have complained about to join their squad. When the shoe is the other foot it seems to fit different lol!!
These so called players making coaches foam out the mouth, where they gonna live when Cordia shuts down? No more free housing or meal plans? Im sure some of the schools can get that done when they wouldnt even help out their own kids that need the help.
Hazard figured out how to take care of Chris Hudson. Also from what I hear thru the grapevine Heston Beverly is trying to help out in the recruiting process, of course it is not recruiting unless they go to Cordia lol!!
[Image:

]

#letsallpackupandgotounclealshouse More mash taters please!!!
I heard the Bennet boy from Buckhorn is now at Hazard..suprised me actually, if he was gonna move I would have thought he would have went and joined Noble at Breathitt..that’s all I know as far as transfers right now
Sheldon Clark lost the colegrove kid back to Tug Valley
CardinalAlum Wrote:Sheldon Clark lost the colegrove kid back to Tug Valley

Dingess sticking around? Pretty sure he is the #1 or #2 ranked player in his class and the way kids are moving around these days (especially with his talent) I find it hard to believe he stays put.
Not stunning on any kid that comes from WV in middle school to play varsity that they stay home when their freshman year rolls around and they can now play varsity in WV.
Saw on social media today that Mason Moore will be transferring to Rowan County. That is a big blow to Paintsville in both basketball and baseball. Moore averaged 17 points per game last year. Paintsville still has a lot of solid players returning but this drops them down some in the 15th region rankings.
My guess is you are right. It’s a 15 or 20 minute drive to Hazard or Perry Central and a long trek to Hindman. As for as athletics there is not enough kids on the creek to make a real difference anywhere. Most parents will probably look for the best educational situation.
Mister D Wrote:Saw on social media today that Mason Moore will be transferring to Rowan County. That is a big blow to Paintsville in both basketball and baseball. Moore averaged 17 points per game last year. Paintsville still has a lot of solid players returning but this drops them down some in the 15th region rankings.

Why is he transferring?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Why is he transferring?
I’ve not seen anything except the initial post on Twitter. Does anyone else have any details on Moore and confirm this?
His mom got a job as a special education teacher in Rowan County. Moore has been looking to get out of Paintsville.
Not exactly a big time move. Paintsville is a good sports loving town. Rowan County well I know theres Morehead and all, but whooptie doo.
Heard that Knott Central got a kid from Jenkins..tall boy, 6’4 they said..can’t remember what they said his name was, anybody know?
The Moore move to Rowan Co will help more with baseball then basketball.
How is the 58th District looking this year? Heard of any transfers?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Not exactly a big time move. Paintsville is a good sports loving town. Rowan County well I know theres Morehead and all, but whooptie doo.
Yep, really questionable move... Rowan isn't really known to be a powerhouse... well, in anything.
Creeker Wrote:Yep, really questionable move... Rowan isn't really known to be a powerhouse... well, in anything.

Selfish move. Sounds like it was a kid being used for a parent to get a job since his brother is staying at Paintsville. Parents usually are the problem.
TRex34 Wrote:Selfish move. Sounds like it was a kid being used for a parent to get a job since his brother is staying at Paintsville. Parents usually are the problem.

Parents are from Morehead originally.
roundballer Wrote:Heard that Knott Central got a kid from Jenkins..tall boy, 6’4 they said..can’t remember what they said his name was, anybody know?

[Image:

]

Shizzle my nizzle, ole fatpat been working it sumthin fierce this summer. We are addin to the formula. The warroom has been hoppin and Big Bizness going to be livin large this season.

#comeonovertomortys More mash taters please!!!
Heard that the older brother was staying at Paintsville also. I guess the Khsaa will have to rule the younger Moore ineligible for next season and he will have to sit a year. They set precedent with Kash Daniel being ruled ineligible when he transferred to Pikeville because his sister was still at Paintsville and wasn’t moving. He ended up going back because that was the only chance of playing without sitting a year or his sister moving.
I would still be very surprised if he’s not eligible, the Mom has to be moving, correct?
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Heard that the older brother was staying at Paintsville also. I guess the Khsaa will have to rule the younger Moore ineligible for next season and he will have to sit a year. They set precedent with Kash Daniel being ruled ineligible when he transferred to Pikeville because his sister was still at Paintsville and wasn’t moving. He ended up going back because that was the only chance of playing without sitting a year or his sister moving.

Why rule Mason ineligible because of the older brother? Maybe the mom wanted a better job? Does any body know if the father is moving, if not why? Maybe the kid would rather live with his mom than his dad? If the shoe was on the other foot and the father moved would it be alright for the kid to transfer? There are several cases in the 15th region that I can think of where a parent got a new job and 1 or more of their kids went with them and were able to play at the new school. The KHSAA is a joke when it comes to the transfer rules, it appears if you tell the same lie 3 times it then becomes the truth with the KHSAA.
By rule, the entire family unit is suppose to move but if Paintsville doesn't fight the move then he will be ruled eligible. KHSAA will not even look at the case unless they are some so called "superstar". Very few in the state of Kentucky.
WinkWinkler Wrote:By rule, the entire family unit is suppose to move but if Paintsville doesn't fight the move then he will be ruled eligible. KHSAA will not even look at the case unless they are some so called "superstar". Very few in the state of Kentucky.

Mason might not be a SUPERSTAR in your opinion, but I would bet good money that most coaches would be glad to have a 1st class kid and player like Mason to transfer to their school. I've seen this young man play both basketball and baseball and he is really really good at both sports. Rowan county will be blessed to get this young man and Paintsville will miss him.
Explorer Wrote:Parents are from Morehead originally.

No they aren't.

I grew up with the mother all through grade school and high school.
Known her and her family my entire life.
She is a Johnson Central Grad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:No they aren't.

I grew up with the mother all through grade school and high school.
Known her and her family my entire life.
She is a Johnson Central Grad.

If I'm not mistaken his dad is originally from Floyd Co in the Maytown area