Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We promise a state championship"
greenfrog Wrote:
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I dont see Pike Central winning a state championship anytime soon. Maybe way down the line they can, when Im an old man...lol

That will be about the time Pikeville wins one..no sorry they wont win another...

So your saying Central wont win one either?? lol Listen lets not bring Pikeville into this not the place for it. I just gave my opinion on Central which is what this thread is about. Pikeville was never mentioned by me. Your the one who brought them into this, stop trying to cause controversy.
Pikeville doesn't need to worry about a state championship right now.. they need to worry about getting a coach. Wink
yea they have to get a coach first, but then they should be on their way
but this is about PCC
and i would say this team has a lot of work to do before they get a state championship, but anything is possible with the upcoming talent they should have
Um....i think they have a coach guys...lol
But, Merchant leading the team in tackles? i dont really know about that.
greenfrog Wrote:
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I dont see Pike Central winning a state championship anytime soon. Maybe way down the line they can, when Im an old man...lol

That will be about the time Pikeville wins one..no sorry they wont win another...

Dont say something you dont know about
Guys this thread is about what the principle of pike central said.. This isn't about Pikeville.

So let's keep it on topic.
I think that Pike Centrals principal made a promise that their program will not be able to accomplish. I just dont think they have near as much talent out of their feeder system as belfry. Their program will never be to the level that belfry is at, unless Belfry picks up a terrible coach after Haywood retires..and i seriously doubt that will happen.
I dont think Pike Central can get past p-burg or belfry to ever win a state championship
Not to burst anyone's bubble....but:

1. Pike Central may have larger feeder schools, but Belfry will have a Middle School next year. This will be a tremendous benefit for Belfry. The kids entering Belfry will have had the opportunity to play the sport for 3 years together before stepping into a high school jersey.

2. 2 of the coaches that were listed as Pike Central Assistant's were former Belfry players. Paul David Slater and Big Irv Dotson. They are great people and athletes. They know Belfry ball, as did Casey Lequire when he was an Assistant Coach for Pikeville.

3. Wasn't McNamee Pike Central's coach once before? A coach makes a difference, but the boys on the field and the way they play ball is what decides a win or a loss.

I wish Pike Central all the luck in the world, but I think that building a program comparable to the likes of Belfry and P-burg is going to take more than just a coaching staff.
15thRegionFan Wrote:Lead the team in tackles, Idk bout that one guys, may wanna check into that

If you dont believe us just ask any of the Pike Central coaches who lead the team in tackles and they will tell you Quirvon did.
Quirvon is a good player. Mean , thats for sure but he still needs to work on fundimentals.
Belfryfan72 Wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubble....but:

1. Pike Central may have larger feeder schools, but Belfry will have a Middle School next year. This will be a tremendous benefit for Belfry. The kids entering Belfry will have had the opportunity to play the sport for 3 years together before stepping into a high school jersey.

2. 2 of the coaches that were listed as Pike Central Assistant's were former Belfry players. Paul David Slater and Big Irv Dotson. They are great people and athletes. They know Belfry ball, as did Casey Lequire when he was an Assistant Coach for Pikeville.

3. Wasn't McNamee Pike Central's coach once before? A coach makes a difference, but the boys on the field and the way they play ball is what decides a win or a loss.

I wish Pike Central all the luck in the world, but I think that building a program comparable to the likes of Belfry and P-burg is going to take more than just a coaching staff.

McNamee was Central's coach from 96 to 98 I believe.. maybe 99.. But during that time he had started to set right what Paul May couldn't do in the schools first 3 or 4 years.. Getting a good coaching staff is a huge step in the right direction. I mean the past few years the staff has consisted of maybe 4 or 5 guys who were former players, and parents who knew the game and wanted to help out.

But now they actually are trying to start a program. They are sending someone to the feeder schools to try and integrate the HS style into the middle schools.. Something that hasn't been done before at PC. The last time Mac was coach, PC didn't go scoreless on Belfry. Belfry still one but I can't remember if they actually beat them by more than 36 or something like that.. I'll have to check into that

This coaching staff now consists of former players who actually played some football on the college level. So its definately a step in the right direction, and if they get the middle schools involved then I can see them competing with Belfry and P'burg year in and out. It's got to start with the little kids though.

And as far as Quirvon being the team leader in tackles.. well that might be what the papers show, but I have a hard time believing it. He might have jumped in on almost every tackle, but I think whoever kept the books might need to be a little more precise.. I could be wrong but I don't think that is right.
Belfryfan72 Wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubble....but:

Who cares about Belfry this is about Pike Central and Belfry is not going to win another championship because they lost Jones and Howard. P Burg also lost a whole lot of players and Pike Central really has a lot of players returning for this year. It's not where they went to school at, its where they coach at.
Hey Blackcat,

I remember i think it was 1997 Prestonsburg went to Belfry and played them over there in Death Valley and won in overtime. Belfry was loaded they had the Caudill, and Childress as running backs and Jonathon Wright at Quaterback. P-Burg was loaded also. Pike Central Beat P-Burg the very next week at P-Burg, and Won the Jenny Wiley Bowl. Pike Central was tied for first place in the Dist. after that game. Any thing can happen!
Blackcat i was wrong on the year it was 2000.
My Bad!
I agree with the tackle statistic CTD, zero chance
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Yes, maybe by the time we have kids they will have a state champonship lol

well then that would be significantly faster than Belfry won their title, seeing as the school has been around since '37 or so. Only took Belfry about 80 years ! It bothers people like Pburg ,Belfry and Pikeville when another school makes a commitment to something or a goal that these people think only they should be allowed to talk about. Dont be scared Pike Central wont be busting you guys for a few more years! But it is coming and you will see it.
its not that it bothers us its just the statement of PROMISING one is something not many do....that just puts a whole lot of pressure on the coach, and thats pressure that Mac doesnt need or deserve... I mean come on he is taking over an average team so promising a state championship puts a lot on his back
thats all im saying