Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We promise a state championship"
Pike central principle promises a state championship... is it possible?
eventually, yes
he didnt say it would be this year.
Anythings possible and they sure seem to have the support of the board office.
Not for a long time.

What are the feeder schools to Pike Central?
umm....well the feeder school are johns creek and mullins...
but they have coaches down at the feeder schools as well. They will lifting as well. I could see this happening when i get out of college lol.
But, it will be a few years for them to build the program up.
Yes, maybe by the time we have kids they will have a state champonship lol
haha....thats exactly when ill be happy as well.
It would be good for that district if the weak sisters would bring their game up a few notches and challenge the Pirates and Blackcats.

It remains to be seen if they have the formula to do that or not.
This won't happen for a while, just because they are getting a good coach, it doesn't mean their kids will have enough talent or heart. It may take a while.
Yes they can do it but it will b a few years prob 10 lol.

I think the Hawks could challenge Belfry and p_burg next year i predict a close game in both.
well the Hakws have put together a heck of a coaching staff up there and they have some talent also in the players
now promising a state championship wasnt the right choice of words from mr moccoy but he is a smart man and for the mos part he knows what hes talking about
now i know he didnt say it would be next year so the pressure shouldnt be on them to win one next season, no coach could turn a program into a state championship team in one year compared to how the Hawks were last season, but i wouldnt be surprise to see the hawks with a state championship trophy within the next 4 or 5 years
At least they are gettin on the right foot, and getting someone down to the feeder schools.. But they need to do something at places like Kimper, where they have no football team, but actually have kids there that could probably play the sport. It'll be a few years before Central gets a ring, however I predict that the district will be closer next year than it has been in the past.
Yeah, varney came from kimper and he'd never played football until his freshmen year, just think if he could've played since 3rd grade!
Whoa lol that would be impressive
haha are you serious
Varney just started playing his freshman year???
thats crazy
he could have been even better!
pc has practically no talent flow coming in from any feeder schools
on schools that produce good talent ar virgie, dorton(ocasionally), turkey creek, runyon, and elkhorn
then why did pc beat shelby valley?
Johns Creek usually has some talent, but they never had any coaching.. And the coaches from the high school never came down to help or anything.. But now that that has changed things could be different
maybe the players from virgie and elkhorn quit playing in high school, because when I was in 8th grade our record was 8-4, with two losses to virgie, and two losses to elkhorn. But PC beat both ER and Valley this year!
The only reason that the feeder schools of Pike Central appear to have a lack of talent is because they have to play agaisnt "should-be" highschoolers at Dorton and Virgie. Smile
only reason pc is able to compete with valley and er is because of coach if that was not there they would be absolutly horrible, and also understand that there best under classman quirvon merchant is a virgie transfer and mccoy has or had talked to several other players from virgie team two years ago that dominated the county, but elkhorn also had a great team that year that blew every1 besides virgie out of the water
quirvon didn't do much of anything this season. He wasn't much of a factor, and by far Gordon Varney was the best underclassmen.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yes they can do it but it will b a few years prob 10 lol.

I think the Hawks could challenge Belfry and p_burg next year i predict a close game in both.

No chance next year, maybe 3 years from now.
sportschick15 Wrote:The only reason that the feeder schools of Pike Central appear to have a lack of talent is because they have to play agaisnt "should-be" highschoolers at Dorton and Virgie. Smile

haha you got that right
it seem that everyone up there holds back at least 1 year, that is everyone that plays sports!
SO TRUE.....that has been going on scince i was in JR. high
liveMAROON Wrote:SO TRUE.....that has been going on scince i was in JR. high
No it's been going on a long time, probably before you were born. And the SV kids aren't the only ones that do it (Pikeville has some too).
Besides there is nothing wrong or illegal with it. Whether a parent chooses to hold back a child to improve his/her chances to succeed athletically or academically is a decision between the kids and their parents. I know several kids that could use an extra year of maturity before going out into the real world.
I wish my parents would've started me a year late in school, not only for athletics but I will graduate when I'm 17 as well.
To promise a State Championship is a little overboard. Yes, It may happen, and I would love to see it....But, I don't think it's going to happen overnight. It takes a long time to build a program the calibur of Belfry, Breathitt & Prestonsburg and make them contenders.
I agree Belfry Pride, they need to get things going with the little leauge programs, learning all the football fundamentals at a young age. Football knowledge never leaves you, once you learn to play, its there the rest of your career. Then the grade school programs need to run basically the same "ground offense" that the high school runs so when they play for PC they won't be confused by a whole new type of offense!
BC the Hawks can and will prob contend with Belfry and P-Burg i bet u it wont b 40 point blow outs next year LOL.

Kyfbf thats not a good post at all the Hawks did not have that great of a coach at all he had nothign to do with the wins over ER nor Valley it was heart and the want to win. U can make up excuses all u want to but it will never make anything better. Qurvon was a decent player but has alot of improving to do.