Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville + 2007 = ???
champion24 Wrote:pikeville will be good but i still agree with mostly everybody that pikeville wont win a state championship
And like Ive asked before. Why do you think they wont?
Actually, I coached at Pikeville from 91-95. I am now the head coach at Betsy Layne High School in the same district as Pikeville. I am getting more from my players. When I took over last year, we were not in district play and now we have 33 kids lifting daily. We are just looking forward to the idea of competing in the district.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Coach B

I gather you are on the staff. You are now in a great situation in the east with the 2 major heavyweights that remain in class A both being on the opposite end of the playoff bracket. Are you finding that the new allignment is causing extra excitment and higher expectations for reaching state and are you able to channel this possible extra excitment as coaches into getting more work out of the players?
Good luck to you and your guys Coach
This thread is supposed to be about Pikeville football in 2007. Not about Betsy laynes coach and where he used to coach. They have their own thread so pleasse stick to that one instead of littering this thread.
ok....Er or Pikeville I don't think will come close to state this year
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:ok....Er or Pikeville I don't think will come close to state this year
Ive heard alot of people on here just say that Pikeville wont win state, but they never say why they wont. That tells me that it isnt that they dont THINK Pikeville will win state. Its that they dont WANT Pikeville to win state. Theres a big difference there.
warriorpride Wrote:Why did you bring up ER? I never said Ne thing about Er in this thread.

I know you didn't say anything about East Ridge, and for that matter so does everybody on here. It's just that some people think that if you have a different opinion than they do, they need to take a dig at you. So they see your name, assume you're from ER, and make a cute comment. Makes them feel better about themselves.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PantherPride68 Wrote:And like Ive asked before. Why do you think they wont?

We will...
There are to many teams that can beat pikeville in the playoffs for them to be able to win state. They are simply not good enough.
Exactly CIG
i seen one reply on going to start with pikeville is going to get rolling this year by beating belfry,they better take it one game at a time and dont just worry about belfry,cause they just might get there feelings hurt again this year,which would make it what 6or 7 years in arow with a lose to the pirates...pikeville got a very good team,i would like to see them go 9-1 in reg season ,with the only lose to my pirates,and go on to state,i like to see all pike county schools do well
If...Then Wrote:pikeville has potential. that hazard game was down to the line. FG is the key there with like 1:00 left. we can keep the thunder rolling..we can make it roll faster starting with belfry.
Dont you think we outghta get "rolling" before Belfry. I know what youre sayin but please dont give LexCath, Ashland or Holy Cross any bulletin board material. We play all these teams before Belfry and a couple of them will be even a tougher test than Belfry will be(No disrespect intended).
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ive heard alot of people on here just say that Pikeville wont win state, but they never say why they wont. That tells me that it isnt that they dont THINK Pikeville will win state. Its that they dont WANT Pikeville to win state. Theres a big difference there.

Pikeville's a very long shot, they might get to the title game but they are not gonna beat Mayfield or Beechwood. The west side of the 1A bracket features what remains of the 1A big boys.
When you look at the east, who else is there other than Lex. Christian, Raceland, and Pikeville? Hazard, Harlan, Lynn Camp, Fairview possibly. Very good chance for a mountian team to make it to the carpet. Winning once they get there may be another story.
cuppett777 Wrote:i seen one reply on going to start with pikeville is going to get rolling this year by beating belfry,they better take it one game at a time and dont just worry about belfry,cause they just might get there feelings hurt again this year,which would make it what 6or 7 years in arow with a lose to the pirates...pikeville got a very good team,i would like to see them go 9-1 in reg season ,with the only lose to my pirates,and go on to state,i like to see all pike county schools do well

i dont think you could have said that any better.