Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville + 2007 = ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think is in for Pikeville in the 2007 season?
P-Ville.25 Wrote:What do you think is in for Pikeville in the 2007 season?

i think they should win most games except for shelby valley when that game comes up just hope the khsaa makes a mercy rule
dfblackcat53 Wrote:i think they should win most games except for shelby valley when that game comes up just hope the khsaa makes a mercy rule

We don't play valley in the 07' Season...And what you said is true about the mercy rule ..Just visa versaWink
P-Villain! Wrote:We don't play valley in the 07' Season...And what you said is true about the mercy rule ..Just visa versaWink

haha yeah i know man i was joking
Pikeville Has a very strong non district opponets to play against; Louisville Holy Cross, Ashland, Lexington Catholic, Belfry, and Prestonsburg. That will be tough.
Yeah we got 1a 2a 3a 4a 5a games which are all very strong in their classes
They best they can go is 6-4.
warriorpride Wrote:They best they can go is 6-4.

No, the best we can go is a state title...but spoken with the optimism of a true 'Warrior':Thumbs:
pikeville has potential. that hazard game was down to the line. FG is the key there with like 1:00 left. we can keep the thunder rolling..we can make it roll faster starting with belfry.
Not to be rude or anything but Pikeville will not win a state championship. Just cause they got a easy district that shouldnt fill your all head up with smoke.
warriorpride Wrote:Not to be rude or anything but Pikeville will not win a state championship. Just cause they got a easy district that shouldnt fill your all head up with smoke.

well i know pikeville isnt winning no state unless a MIRICALE but they might get close to region or something..
Our weak district is not our fault we try to test ourselves with some very good teams from all classes. And the fact that we know our district is extremely weak keeps us very sober to the rest of the 1a class
Yea that seems more reasonbile but I dont think they will even get to state much less win it.
P-Villain! Wrote:Our weak district is not our fault we try to test ourselves with some very good teams from all classes. And the fact that we know our district is extremely weak keeps us very sober to the rest of the 1a class

I never said it was pikevilles fault they were in a week district.
warriorpride Wrote:I never said it was pikevilles fault they were in a week district.

I never said you did
P-Villain! Wrote:I never said you did

lol my bad.
Pikeville is in a weak district,, and that is something that weve always struggled against. Hazard, Paintsville, and Pikeville ALWAYS competed for top of the district...and with us moving to a different district and paintsville losing most of their team,, it really leaves it up to pikeville to realize that the teams that they have to go against during the regular season are not NEAR as good as what they will see in the playoffs. They should be fine,, as long as they keep a good head, dont get cocky, and play good ball. Their tough schedule should help them in that area as well...good luck--cya in the 4th round(hopefully, knock on wood)
A Decent Lineman Wrote:good luck--cya in the 4th round(hopefully, knock on wood)

I can only pray. and play my :dontthink off to get there..
In all honesty we can go as far as we want to. IMO ths only team in 1a that can beat us is ourselves. Theyre is no team in our class that has more talent or work any harder this off-season than we have. Im not saying this to be bragging or to be boastful and mean no direspect to any other 1a school (Theyre are some real good ones out there). Im saying this to challenge these boys to stay hungry and stay focused and to not take anyone or anything for granted. They gotta understand that it wasnt that maroon jersey that people used to fear when they played us. It was the heart of the players wearing those jerseys that made the difference. 20 years ago this season the entire state stood up and took notice of a football team from a little 1a school in Pikeville,KY. Not because of the athelets they had(They had quite a few!) or theyre size or speed. They took notice because of the heart and fearlesness and the absolute refusal of defeat that they played with. Can you guys do that again? I think you can, but then again it doesnt matter what some washed up old has been and probably never was thinks. This is entirely up to you.
warriorpride Wrote:Not to be rude or anything but Pikeville will not win a state championship. Just cause they got a easy district that shouldnt fill your all head up with smoke.
But East Ridge will win state, right. They may have an aesy district schedule on paper but their non-district in the toughest in 1A. By the way the only game on Pikevilles mind is Holy Cross. The sooner you all realize that the smarter you might sound. Oh wait sounding smart from ER isn't an easy thing to do.
Pikeville's non dist schedule is very impressive and if they can stay healthy it WILL pay huge dividends in the playoffs. Look at Mayfield who has always had a weak district but uses a brutal non dist schedule to prepare them for a title run. Pikeville is doing exactly the right thing to prepare them for a run no question in my mind about that
No disrespect intended, as I agree with the heart on the 87 team. But I would have to disagree on the athletes. I mean you had Hackney, Deramus, Thornberry, Honaker and crew on the line. I would have to say there were definitely some athletes there. I coached a pretty decent team at John's Creek that year and we met with both teams 9-0. Our best LB was put out of the game after the first ko with a concussion. This team (87) in my opinion is the best high school football team that I have ever coached against or watched.
PantherPride68 Wrote:In all honesty we can go as far as we want to. IMO ths only team in 1a that can beat us is ourselves. Theyre is no team in our class that has more talent or work any harder this off-season than we have. Im not saying this to be bragging or to be boastful and mean no direspect to any other 1a school (Theyre are some real good ones out there). Im saying this to challenge these boys to stay hungry and stay focused and to not take anyone or anything for granted. They gotta understand that it wasnt that maroon jersey that people used to fear when they played us. It was the heart of the players wearing those jerseys that made the difference. 20 years ago this season the entire state stood up and took notice of a football team from a little 1a school in Pikeville,KY. Not because of the athelets they had(They had quite a few!) or theyre size or speed. They took notice because of the heart and fearlesness and the absolute refusal of defeat that they played with. Can you guys do that again? I think you can, but then again it doesnt matter what some washed up old has been and probably never was thinks. This is entirely up to you.
CoachB Wrote:No disrespect intended, as I agree with the heart on the 87 team. But I would have to disagree on the athletes. I mean you had Hackney, Deramus, Thornberry, Honaker and crew on the line. I would have to say there were definitely some athletes there. I coached a pretty decent team at John's Creek that year and we met with both teams 9-0. Our best LB was put out of the game after the first ko with a concussion. This team (87) in my opinion is the best high school football team that I have ever coached against or watched.
I totally understand what youre saying and no offense taken. The post I wrote was intended for this years team. As you can imagine theyre are alot of the players that get on here and read these threads. I was just trying to prove the point to them that no matter how great of an athlete you are. If you dont play with heart and stay focused youre never going to win anything. Thats all I was trying to say. I would be an idiot to say that that team didnt have athletes so I didnt mean that at all.
Coach B

I gather you are on the staff. You are now in a great situation in the east with the 2 major heavyweights that remain in class A both being on the opposite end of the playoff bracket. Are you finding that the new allignment is causing extra excitment and higher expectations for reaching state and are you able to channel this possible extra excitment as coaches into getting more work out of the players?
pikeille will go 9 and 1 but NO state title, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont beleive pikeville will even go to state. i think some of the expectations are to high for them this year
blackcatjt Wrote:i dont beleive pikeville will even go to state. i think some of the expectations are to high for them this year
Ok, youre entitled to youre opinion, explain why you dont think so.
The Private Wrote:pikeille will go 9 and 1 but NO state title, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they go 9-1 with the schdule they have theyre gonna be pretty dang good!
PantherPride68 Wrote:If they go 9-1 with the schdule they have theyre gonna be pretty dang good!

pikeville will be good but i still agree with mostly everybody that pikeville wont win a state championship
bigpun Wrote:But East Ridge will win state, right. They may have an aesy district schedule on paper but their non-district in the toughest in 1A. By the way the only game on Pikevilles mind is Holy Cross. The sooner you all realize that the smarter you might sound. Oh wait sounding smart from ER isn't an easy thing to do.

Why did you bring up ER? I never said Ne thing about Er in this thread.
Pages: 1 2