Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will ERHS be good next year?
I watched ER play this year at their homecoming game...and to tell the truth Deese never showed me anything...I personally expect East Ridge to be a bigger threat this year then in the past. IMO they should give a coach long enough to get a good program going for everyone on the ridge!
kyfootballfan Wrote:SVHERO#74
David Osborne simply done what was best for hisself you have no right to claim that he is a traitor to do this is outrageous, and if things would had went according to plan he would had been shelby valleys head coach

Doesnt Osbourne run a West Coast Offense?
I think East Ridge will be good next year. It's been kinda crazy with all the coaching changes, but i think they should have gave Davis longer to work out his program.
Yea maybe they should have gave Davis a longer time. But Ratliff deserved a longer time too.
heard hank simpson may not attend er next year, this would hurt the warriors badly.
I hope he stays with the Warriors, but where do you think he'll go JS?
Pike Central.
He came to East Ridge from Millard, and to Millard from Mullins.
Hank is one of my best friends, and he isn't going anywhere. There was a few guys that said if they didn't play under Davis then they were gonna switch to play football for different schools. All that has died down now, and Hank Simpson isn't going anywhere.
Who will be the starting Quarterback at the Ridge?
That is still a question at the Ridge
It'll be awhile before we'll find out who's gonna be QB for sure.
Don't be so surprised if alot of east ridge kids end up going to PCC, that is where I'm going as well as a couple of other Virgie kids, from what I hear alot of kids are transferring there. That are going to build a good football program there. Valley and The ridge worry too much about B-ball
I assure you none of our players are transfering to PCC, I've talked to almost all of them about that. Hank and all the others that mentioned the option of PCC have been lifting and we're soon geting ready to start spring practice.
Ive heard that rumor as well guys. But, cant really much until the next school year. Are you guys going full pads on spring practice?
Coach Ratliff is a great man SVHERO............ive plaed under him and not once has the guy so much as said a mean word..............he is a very smart coach....and he knows exactly what hes doing he was probably jst tired of whiners from SV........dont diss him untill u know him
SuperMario Wrote:Ive heard that rumor as well guys. But, cant really much until the next school year. Are you guys going full pads on spring practice?
Nope we're just goin helmet and shoulder pads.
theswag Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:WHo is the new coach at ER.. I personally think with the loss of Paul Deese that this team will have trouble doing much of anything next year. He was pretty much all the offense they had last year.. He will be a tough one to replace.. Give them a few years though, and they will be ok.

Paul Deese was the reason we did so bad last year. Half the time, he was too High to make the right decision, the other half he just wanted to be the "Hero". At Magoffin Co., there was 3 different occasions i counted that he could have threw the ball to our receivers and they could have scored.... and we would have won that game if it wasnt for him Showboating. I give him this, he was excellent at B-Ball, but he should have kept it on hte court. It was as much Coach Davis's fault making him hte QB, just because paul was a freshman and started on Varsity at Trimble Co. And him getting MVP at the Pike County bowl was a fluke also. Josh Sanders deserved that over Paul Deese. And he wont be that tough to replace... if Kyle Fletcher will step up, he will be an excellent QB. I know Kyle really well and i think he could be the best QB to come through ER since.... Ever.

I definitely agree with you we would have done so much better without Paul
erfan2006 Wrote:
theswag Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:WHo is the new coach at ER.. I personally think with the loss of Paul Deese that this team will have trouble doing much of anything next year. He was pretty much all the offense they had last year.. He will be a tough one to replace.. Give them a few years though, and they will be ok.

Paul Deese was the reason we did so bad last year. Half the time, he was too High to make the right decision, the other half he just wanted to be the "Hero". At Magoffin Co., there was 3 different occasions i counted that he could have threw the ball to our receivers and they could have scored.... and we would have won that game if it wasnt for him Showboating. I give him this, he was excellent at B-Ball, but he should have kept it on hte court. It was as much Coach Davis's fault making him hte QB, just because paul was a freshman and started on Varsity at Trimble Co. And him getting MVP at the Pike County bowl was a fluke also. Josh Sanders deserved that over Paul Deese. And he wont be that tough to replace... if Kyle Fletcher will step up, he will be an excellent QB. I know Kyle really well and i think he could be the best QB to come through ER since.... Ever.

I definitely agree with you we would have done so much better without Paul

Finally, someone who sees it the same way i do!
The 1st thing that the new coaching staff should do is to try and talk Andrew Smith to somehow stay at East Ridge. He has led the Jv the past 2 seasons to a 13-4 record and was the leader of the team. Losing him would mean they would have to develop a qb in a very short time. Does anyone know if he has been goin to spring practice or not and if there is a chance he might stay?

Also I've heard rumors of Hank Simpson possibly goin to Letcher County Central.
Hank is not going nowhere, i'm one of his best friends. Andrew has been showing up to all the spring practices, and was there when we had weightlifting. He was even in my weightlifting group. I have no idea if he has any intention on staying though.