Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will ERHS be good next year?
Is ERHS going to be any good next year? with this new coach, we should be pretty good. i have heard that he makes us work and that makes us better in the season. But i havent played under him yet. Is he a good coach? He has coached all over this county, and someone has to know how good of a coach he is. Who knows?
Well, East Ridge is not going to make playoffs. I dont think they will in a very long time. Valley and Central right now are getting better. ER is just staying where the others are. Last years team was a better ER team but this new coach is a former coach of ER and hes not a good one in my opinion. Ive been coached under him and watched him coach. He not that bad but he isnt that good either.
It'll be a while, but they will eventually become a better team, not ne time soon though
WHo is the new coach at ER.. I personally think with the loss of Paul Deese that this team will have trouble doing much of anything next year. He was pretty much all the offense they had last year.. He will be a tough one to replace.. Give them a few years though, and they will be ok.
osborne will make this offense 100% better if he is allowed to run his west coast style offense and not the wishbone he was forced to run under the guidence of greg napier, but the will need to find a smart quarterback doesnt have to have a great arm but needs to be samrt and understand the game, and ratliff has a tremedous amount of knowledge about the game if used right could be extremly dangerous
Isnt the new coach at ER Eric Ratliff.........why do you people think hes a horrible coach?.......hes one of the smartest coaches ive had the privilage of playing under........he knows alot about the game.......i look for good thigns out of him
crazytaxidriver Wrote:WHo is the new coach at ER.. I personally think with the loss of Paul Deese that this team will have trouble doing much of anything next year. He was pretty much all the offense they had last year.. He will be a tough one to replace.. Give them a few years though, and they will be ok.

Paul Deese was the reason we did so bad last year. Half the time, he was too High to make the right decision, the other half he just wanted to be the "Hero". At Magoffin Co., there was 3 different occasions i counted that he could have threw the ball to our receivers and they could have scored.... and we would have won that game if it wasnt for him Showboating. I give him this, he was excellent at B-Ball, but he should have kept it on hte court. It was as much Coach Davis's fault making him hte QB, just because paul was a freshman and started on Varsity at Trimble Co. And him getting MVP at the Pike County bowl was a fluke also. Josh Sanders deserved that over Paul Deese. And he wont be that tough to replace... if Kyle Fletcher will step up, he will be an excellent QB. I know Kyle really well and i think he could be the best QB to come through ER since.... Ever.
Deese ran more from sideline to sideline (horizontally) than from endzone to endzone
theswag Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:WHo is the new coach at ER.. I personally think with the loss of Paul Deese that this team will have trouble doing much of anything next year. He was pretty much all the offense they had last year.. He will be a tough one to replace.. Give them a few years though, and they will be ok.

Paul Deese was the reason we did so bad last year. Half the time, he was too High to make the right decision, the other half he just wanted to be the "Hero". At Magoffin Co., there was 3 different occasions i counted that he could have threw the ball to our receivers and they could have scored.... and we would have won that game if it wasnt for him Showboating. I give him this, he was excellent at B-Ball, but he should have kept it on hte court. It was as much Coach Davis's fault making him hte QB, just because paul was a freshman and started on Varsity at Trimble Co. And him getting MVP at the Pike County bowl was a fluke also. Josh Sanders deserved that over Paul Deese. And he wont be that tough to replace... if Kyle Fletcher will step up, he will be an excellent QB. I know Kyle really well and i think he could be the best QB to come through ER since.... Ever.

I see. Well I only got to see him play twice. He had a decent arm and could run. But I was basing my view on the fact that most of the offense came from him. I didn't know he was just trying to showboat or whatever. But thanks for giving me new insight on this..
Well it wont be hard for Kyle to be the best qb at ER, I can only think of three that have ever been under center there.
fletcher better better have his arm ready is ratliff and osborne go to the west coast like ive heard
Deese was a showboat. He was not a team player. If was getting rushed he would hold the ball and run. He was rarely pass it if that happened. If he wasnt under pressure he would find the reciever and hit him. He didnt deserve having all county honors in my opinion. I would say he didnt deserve that pike county bowl MVP either.
I believe east ridge will be alright. I think once we get a qb picked out and get him working with the program everything will fall into place. Also for anyone from pike central to say how east ridge's program is staying as it is and pc is getting better is beyond me. How would anyone from pc know how the program at er is going. You wait and see next year the game between er and pc I predict it will be a close one and I will be surprised if East Ridge doesnt come out the victor. In my personal opinion I think Eric Ratliff is a decent coach dont know for sure.... will have to see during next season. As for Kyle Fletcher at qb.... I dont know how good he is but I know he is a great WR. As for Paul Deese he had an enormous amount of talent.... just didnt know how to use it. The kid was basically uncoachable and had many personal problems that kept him from playing at his full potential. Plus if he wasnt hooking half the team on drugs he was running the other half off.
Mlb 33....i wasnt saying that about ER because im from pike central. I was telling the truth. As for ER and PC match up? Im not even going to get started on that, its not the topic.
I know u mentioned that pc and sv are getting better and er isnt. In other words you are saying er could not play with pike central thats why I mentioned the game next year. Ok how do you know er isnt getting any better? Personally I experience training with the rest of the warriors every day and I know we are getting better from knowing the players the last two years.
Well said mlb. But, im saying that east ridge couldnt contend with central or valley in a few years. But, the things your probably doing right now we've been doing since my freshman year. It all takes time for these things to happen. I mean this year, we had strength but we didnt have the coaching. Best of luck man. Im glad to hear er is getting off on the right track tho.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
theswag Wrote:

I see. Well I only got to see him play twice. He had a decent arm and could run. But I was basing my view on the fact that most of the offense came from him. I didn't know he was just trying to showboat or whatever. But thanks for giving me new insight on this..

he WAS a good player, when he wasnt high or trying to be the "Hero"
When was he? Is that what you think? OK. Do I look like a messenger? Do you often use a computer there? What happened? Is it still as much Coach Davis's fault making him hte QB just because paul was a freshman and started on Varsity at Trimble Co anymore? How do you know? I do not understand. Since when? I am sure he could. Interesting. Why do you have to do it? What happened to a decent arm and could run ? And. My pleasure.
15thRegionFan Wrote:Deese ran more from sideline to sideline (horizontally) than from endzone to endzone

Yes, he did EXACTLY THAT at Belfry.... He ran a Complete circle around the field. And he always danced too much. Yes, it is good to be able to juke someone, but doing it from the first play till the last play, that is just bad.
And MLB33 has a good point. he did run half of the team off. And it is his fault most of the SCHOOL has a drug problem.
if paul would have thrown the ball instead of dancing with it, we might have scored some points. he was the biggest showoff that i had ever seen in football here. i love him as a person and he was amazing at basketball but him on the football field looked like a fish out of water.
Once again I will ask that Paul Deese's personal life not be brought into discussion.
I hear Keith Miller will be the QB. And ER has went downhill every since their first year, when ratliff was the coach. They were 4-6 that year and could have been 7-3 easy. They are hitting the weights hard and have a lot of good freshman and sophmore. Look for them to be really good the year after next.
Yea, JS theyre first year was full of talent. lol :lol:
ER has some good talent, know that they are getting a good coach i think they will be pretty good
Jesus Shuttlesworth Wrote:I hear Keith Miller will be the QB. And ER has went downhill every since their first year, when ratliff was the coach. They were 4-6 that year and could have been 7-3 easy. They are hitting the weights hard and have a lot of good freshman and sophmore. Look for them to be really good the year after next.

I dont know who said KEith would be the new QB, but we havent even picked out a new QB yet.
I like keith, like a brother. and yes, i think he would be a fairly good QB, but not Varsity good. Not yet anyway. he still has to prove himself. Besides, i think that Kyle Fletcher will be the QB next year. that is MY opinion.
theswag Wrote:Is ERHS going to be any good next year? with this new coach, we should be pretty good. i have heard that he makes us work and that makes us better in the season. But i havent played under him yet. Is he a good coach? He has coached all over this county, and someone has to know how good of a coach he is. Who knows?

HAHAHA NO HE IS NOT A GOOD COACH! If he was a good coach why don't he stay at one school and take over? The only good coach you got that could made a difference in your team is David OsBorne, the trader from Shelby Valley!
You evidently don't know what you're talking about if you think Coach Ratilff isn't a good coach. He may lose his temper, but knows what he's doing.
That is evident now, because the more we work out with him, i think that he will be a good coach. he seems to have all his ducks in a row, and i personally think he will be a good coach. i just cant get used to calling him coach yet.
Well get used to it, and don't call him anything else when you all start real practice Wink
SVHERO#74
David Osborne simply done what was best for hisself you have no right to claim that he is a traitor to do this is outrageous, and if things would had went according to plan he would had been shelby valleys head coach