Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 2018
TheRingsTheThing Wrote:Looks like all 4 kids that "transferred" from LCA are now eligible per KHSAA. Wow. Just, wow. Whatever...

It's a kids game, let'em play. Championships don't compare to the memories of all the kids who have memories of playing. One winner and and a bunch of 2nd's on down. Playing affects a lot of kids, adults don't need to take away the experience of competing just to satisfy adult egos. Don't get me wrong I want to win but not at the expense of punishing a kid for my desires.
Frank Martin Wrote:Also getting lineman from LCA if the rumors are true. They run the place just like a college, from practices to in home visits. Really impressive and great for high school sports.

Everthing you just said about recuriting is wrong, sounds like someone feelings are hurt, if people would worry about their own program and stop crying like a baby that someone is “recruiting “. Get some cheese to go with all the Whining
Kids transfer for a lot reasons, commenting without knowing the facts is not fair to the kids
RTL Wrote:Everthing you just said about recuriting is wrong, sounds like someone feelings are hurt, if people would worry about their own program and stop crying like a baby that someone is “recruiting “. Get some cheese to go with all the Whining

I have first hand information and facts. Feelings hurt over what....cheating and lying? As for the rest of your childish comments I'll just say you're real tough on an anonymous forum.
RTL Wrote:Kids transfer for a lot reasons, commenting without knowing the facts is not fair to the kids

I am sick and tired if the "not fair to the kids" crap. Kids, kids parents I could care a less, if you are lying and trying to cheat the rules I will call it what it is. If you do it the right way and with honesty and integrity then great, go for it.
If you could care less then why don’t you? Hahah. I think you mean couldn’t care less buddy. Just giving ya a hard time. 😉
Iam4thecats Wrote:[quote=Frank Martin]

KHSAA has been spineless and powerless. More schools should just drop the pretense and play by the same rules and fight fire with fire.

You forgot the other less word. worthless Smile
RTL Wrote:Everthing you just said about recuriting is wrong, sounds like someone feelings are hurt, if people would worry about their own program and stop crying like a baby that someone is “recruiting “. Get some cheese to go with all the Whining

All you cheating supporters are like broken records and politicians saying the same BS over and over trying to justify recruiting, and whining when anybody says anything about it.
Hound05 Wrote:If you could care less then why don’t you? Hahah. I think you mean couldn’t care less buddy. Just giving ya a hard time. 😉

Are you trying to cheat the cheaters? lol
Frank Martin Wrote:I am sick and tired if the "not fair to the kids" crap. Kids, kids parents I could care a less, if you are lying and trying to cheat the rules I will call it what it is. If you do it the right way and with honesty and integrity then great, go for it.

Okay Frank let’s deal with facts rather than first hand information, my facts come from the families themself who I know on personal level and know the kids involved
They folllowed all the rules and Presented all relative information in the appeal process and won .... welcome to America.
And to say these people lack integrity is insulting to anybody who knows these families, they are salt of the earth people and just because they followed the rules and got the proper ruling, they should not be characterized as just lying cheating which is quite frankly disrespectful and to be honest just sour grapes, Frank. It’s my understanding that 100 kids have left LCA this past year Why should these athletes be singled out when they followed all the rules. These families who you say have no integrity are not on here defending themselves but I will and I’ll be here all day if you wanna continue this conversation.
pjdoug Wrote:All you cheating supporters are like broken records and politicians saying the same BS over and over trying to justify recruiting, and whining when anybody says anything about it.

“Your cheating “ accusation is the excuse used by many but usually the teams that lose alot scream the loudest
RTL Wrote:Okay Frank let’s deal with facts rather than first hand information, my facts come from the families themself who I know on personal level and know the kids involved
They folllowed all the rules and Presented all relative information in the appeal process and won .... welcome to America.
And to say these people lack integrity is insulting to anybody who knows these families, they are salt of the earth people and just because they followed the rules and got the proper ruling, they should not be characterized as just lying cheating which is quite frankly disrespectful and to be honest just sour grapes, Frank. It’s my understanding that 100 kids have left LCA this past year Why should these athletes be singled out when they followed all the rules. These families who you say have no integrity are not on here defending themselves but I will and I’ll be here all day if you wanna continue this conversation.

If they followed the "rules" they would be ineligible. They are being singled out because this is a football forum about Frederick Douglas and they transferred to Frederick Douglas to play football. These are the same people that complained when one of their best lineman transferred to Douglas the year before. Not to mention the questions surrounding that transfer. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I believe. That being said, if you don't think that they all got together and conspired to figure out a way transfer specifically for football then you are just being naive. Do you think it's just coincidence that four kids from the same private school all decided to transfer to a school that could not be more different than the one they came from? A school that has quickly and deservedly earned a reputation for recruiting and a school that has chosen to employ an administrator and a coach with significant violations in their past (Google it). At least 10 new transfers this year to play football. A player last year that was caught lying and ruled ineligible, etc.. I'll say it again, I have no problem if someone wants to transfer as long as it's legitimate. I believe it will all come out at some point.
RTL Wrote:“Your cheating “ accusation is the excuse used by many but usually the teams that lose alot scream the loudest

broken record like I said. You sneaky snakes always trying to justify.
Frank Martin Wrote:If they followed the "rules" they would be ineligible. They are being singled out because this is a football forum about Frederick Douglas and they transferred to Frederick Douglas to play football. These are the same people that complained when one of their best lineman transferred to Douglas the year before. Not to mention the questions surrounding that transfer. You are entitled to believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I believe. That being said, if you don't think that they all got together and conspired to figure out a way transfer specifically for football then you are just being naive. Do you think it's just coincidence that four kids from the same private school all decided to transfer to a school that could not be more different than the one they came from? A school that has quickly and deservedly earned a reputation for recruiting and a school that has chosen to employ an administrator and a coach with significant violations in their past (Google it). At least 10 new transfers this year to play football. A player last year that was caught lying and ruled ineligible, etc.. I'll say it again, I have no problem if someone wants to transfer as long as it's legitimate. I believe it will all come out at some point.

Once again you make a lot of assumptions with no facts other than you said so , I guess the judge that ruled on the case was so corrupt, had no Integrity a cheater, member of Isis etc ....That is great thing about the actual proceeding its not based on adult hurt feeling posting on a forum.
Adult chaffing is a real problem on this thread
[quote=RTL]Once again you make a lot of assumptions with no facts other than you said so , I guess the judge that ruled on the case was so corrupt, had no Integrity a cheater, member of Isis etc ....That is great thing about the actual proceeding its not based on adult hurt feeling posting on a forum.[/QUOTE

RTL, what facts have you presented other than "you said so"? Winning the appeal with a retired judge (this is not a court of law) does not mean that you didn't manipulate the system. Plenty of folks have done this in the past and there will be more in the future. I know you think you are the only one who knows anything about this but I know a whole lot more than you think and a whole lot more than I am saying on this forum. I have information from multiple parties involved about several incidents involving FD. Also, I assure you I don't have hurt feelings, I am not even sure what you mean by that. That being said, I believe there is right and wrong and I am disappointed that this particular school blatantly violates the rules of "impermissible contact" as set forth by the KHSAA and so far no penalties have been imposed. I will say, I have probably misdirected my attention too much on the LCA kids and really my problem is more with some of the Douglas coaches, administrators, and the FCPS system. PM me anytime and I'll be happy to talk more and tell you what I know.
pjdoug Wrote:broken record like I said. You sneaky snakes always trying to justify.

Whitley co. does the same thing dougie. This is no different than someone leaving wburg to the county.
RTL Wrote:Adult chaffing is a real problem on this thread

truth hurts is a true statement. try not to cry.
Hound05 Wrote:Whitley co. does the same thing dougie. This is no different than someone leaving wburg to the county.

You got that bass ackwards.
Who cares they are kids. Let them play. Most or all of them will never play a down after their last play their senior year. If winning the championship means that much to you as a parent you have a problem. For 90% of the kids it's just a game. The other 10% will go on playing whether they win a state championship or not. Why so serious or butt hurt if a kid wants to play somewhere else? Really, Reevaluate your life.
Fear the Nation Wrote:Who cares they are kids. Let them play. Most or all of them will never play a down after their last play their senior year. If winning the championship means that much to you as a parent you have a problem. For 90% of the kids it's just a game. The other 10% will go on playing whether they win a state championship or not. Why so serious or butt hurt if a kid wants to play somewhere else? Really, Reevaluate your life.

play where you live. it ain't college. duh. not much glory in winning with players that are not even from the area.
pjdoug Wrote:play where you live. it ain't college. duh. not much glory in winning with players that are not even from the area.

Correct, not as much glory. I wouldn't invest emotion and concern about how someone else feels about winning a few extra games. let them beat their chests, doesn't affect anyone. LCA is a private school correct? How do we know these kids don't live in FD's district and it's cheaper to go public? If they were at a private school chances are these kids don't live next door to LCA anyway. So they were already attending a school outside of their district. Does paying a high dollar amount for that privilege make it better? Again only one teams wins the championship and the rest are all losers in that aspect. Chances are the few extra players are not going to win them a championship. It's really no big deal. Kids that keep transferring usually have a bigger view of themselves than their talent actually is.
Two things....

1.) I think kids should be able to play where they want as long as a legal change of address occurs.

2.) if you think these transfers (and nearly ALL transfers) weren't because of sports you are an idiot.