Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass 2018
I don't know much about Douglass year 2. Do they have a lot of returners? Can they pull even or ahead of Scott co?
FDU will be just fine.
Frederick Douglass is loading up with new transfer......Marked it down :popcorn:
While the Mcpeeks are there I can guarantee new players every year! How they are allowed back in KHSAA coaching ring is amazing to me!
Iam4thecats Wrote:I don't know much about Douglass year 2. Do they have a lot of returners? Can they pull even or ahead of Scott co?

Most skill are back, lost most of there lineman- No on the other part will not be as good as last year- SC returns most everyone and beat them twice by 30+

Think Henry Clay will have best team in Lexington this year- IMO
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Most skill are back, lost most of there lineman- No on the other part will not be as good as last year- SC returns most everyone and beat them twice by 30+

Yeah, if they lost the linemen they will not be closing on Scott county.
FD is an interesting situation. 🙄
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Most skill are back, lost most of there lineman- No on the other part will not be as good as last year- SC returns most everyone and beat them twice by 30+

Douglas is recruiting heavily to replenish the line. They picked up the big qb from knott county who is unproven against this level of competition but is apparently talented. I still don't see them gaining much ground on Scott County.

As for Henry Clay, what makes you think they will be any better than last years team? They lost line and play makers and didn't appear to have much at all in the pipeline. It will be between Douglas and Tates Creek for best team in the city imo.
FD's new Quarterback, Cameron Jones, committed to the University of Cincinnati this morning. Congratulations to Cam!
64SUR Wrote:Frederick Douglass is loading up with new transfer......Marked it down :popcorn:

I hear it maybe a linebacker from the mountains..... stay tuned
Frank Martin Wrote:Douglas is recruiting heavily to replenish the line. They picked up the big qb from knott county who is unproven against this level of competition but is apparently talented. I still don't see them gaining much ground on Scott County.

As for Henry Clay, what makes you think they will be any better than last years team? They lost line and play makers and didn't appear to have much at all in the pipeline. It will be between Douglas and Tates Creek for best team in the city imo.

You guys are cracking me up about FD recruits coming in- Is it really that flagrant? They had an all-star team last year getting some of the best players from the other Lexington schools and still wasn't that good I couldn't tell you who there best win was against. I guess Tates Creek

I thought Henry Clay had a lot of lineman coming back, I could be mistaken, but when you have a RB that runs a 10.3-10.4 100, they have to be a little dangerous- If it wasn't for Douglass Qb making a Lamar Jackson type play last year(keep in mind that they are moving that kid to WR this year,which I still cant believe) Henry Clay had them beat- I think score was 14-10 or 14-7 something like that
Blackcat2001 Wrote:I hear it maybe a linebacker from the mountains..... stay tuned

Also getting lineman from LCA if the rumors are true. They run the place just like a college, from practices to in home visits. Really impressive and great for high school sports.
Is the schedule they have currently better or worse than last year?
BigBoy52 Wrote:Is the schedule they have currently better or worse than last year?

Not sure, I do know they play Paintsville this year and no Danville, so right there alone I would say its worse
I really wish FD was on our schedule this year....would love to expose them.
FoSho Wrote:I really wish FD was on our schedule this year....would love to expose them.
they play wayne county at danville this year for sure
Paintsville game will be interesting with some new developments
Blackcat2001 Wrote:Paintsville game will be interesting with some new developments

If not a running clock- FD in for a long season
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:You guys are cracking me up about FD recruits coming in- Is it really that flagrant? They had an all-star team last year getting some of the best players from the other Lexington schools and still wasn't that good I couldn't tell you who there best win was against. I guess Tates Creek

I thought Henry Clay had a lot of lineman coming back, I could be mistaken, but when you have a RB that runs a 10.3-10.4 100, they have to be a little dangerous- If it wasn't for Douglass Qb making a Lamar Jackson type play last year(keep in mind that they are moving that kid to WR this year,which I still cant believe) Henry Clay had them beat- I think score was 14-10 or 14-7 something like that

Yes, yes they are that flagrant, blatant, arrogant, etc. about it. I believe it will come out in the wash a some point. Don't get me wrong, they are working very hard and doing at lot of things that are great but for me I just can't get past the history of some of those that are there and the stuff they are currently pulling.
I believe HC lost 3-4 starting lineman, some receivers and their best playmaker. The 10.3-10.4 kid is a good kick returner but hasn't done much at running back so far. I think he tore up his knee playing football once already and he apparently has a future in track so if it were me I would probably stick to track. Should be an interesting year in Lexington area football this year.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:If not a running clock- FD in for a long season

I would not count Paintsville out of this game. They return 9 on Defense they struggled on offense last year with a fr QB and no real true RB.
Plus I think there going to pick up 3 or 4 more players before season starts.
BigBoy52 Wrote:they play wayne county at danville this year for sure

Both are way down.
Frank Martin Wrote:Yes, yes they are that flagrant, blatant, arrogant, etc. about it. I believe it will come out in the wash a some point. Don't get me wrong, they are working very hard and doing at lot of things that are great but for me I just can't get past the history of some of those that are there and the stuff they are currently pulling.
I believe HC lost 3-4 starting lineman, some receivers and their best playmaker. The 10.3-10.4 kid is a good kick returner but hasn't done much at running back so far. I think he tore up his knee playing football once already and he apparently has a future in track so if it were me I would probably stick to track. Should be an interesting year in Lexington area football this year.

Be carful Frank..You will get PM's about your post. Ive said nothing and you guys are saying nothing that isn't true. lol..
Have heard 4 but at least 3 new transfers from LCA confirmed. I don't understand this mentality. What happened to commitment, loyalty, team first, etc.? I have no idea what has transpired at LCA but they have been decimated.
ironfist13 Wrote:Be carful Frank..You will get PM's about your post. Ive said nothing and you guys are saying nothing that isn't true. lol..

The truth is the one thing that never changes.
:hilarious:

FoSho Wrote:I really wish FD was on our schedule this year....would love to expose them.
Westside Wrote::hilarious:

Running clock, first half.

😎
FoSho Wrote:Running clock, first half.

😎

I'm sure it would be.

:biglmao:
FoSho Wrote:Running clock, first half.

😎

It would be a good game. I would love for Boyle to put a running clock on them...or for anyone to put a running clock on them...but I don't think that would be the case. They now have bookend D1 tackles, 2 options at qb (scrambler/playmaker and huge pocket passer), as much speed as anybody and more than most, by far more resources than any other Fayette Co. school and probably most schools in the state not named Trinity. They also seem to be immune to any transfer issues with KHSAA.
Frank Martin Wrote:The truth is the one thing that never changes.

Truth! I had a FD coach PM on here about the things being said... Again no one has said anything that wasn't truth, or played out in the public eye at other places.
ironfist13 Wrote:Truth! I had a FD coach PM on here about the things being said... Again no one has said anything that wasn't truth, or played out in the public eye at other places.

I would welcome a PM, phone call, sit down conversation or all the above from an FD coach. Would be very interesting to hear the explanation of what is going on over there. They are doing some good things but a lot of things the wrong way with total disregard for the rules. Would also like to hear from FCPS regarding decisions about allocation of resources. Would like to hear from KHSAA regarding the egg on their face over the qb that transferred from Dunbar for a semester to play football then transfered back to Dunbar to graduate (blatantly lied to KHSAA and accused others of lying about the situation)...wonder if this will repeat itself this year, how new transfers are circumventing the rules, etc.. Not to mention the past transgressions of a few over there.