Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athletes in Eastern Kentucky
Lee renfro from southwestern
Well i cannot believe no has mentioned gerad parker on this list
2nd all time in receiving yards in the nation (HSFB)
1st all time in the state receiving yards in Kentucky
Played football for UK and in IMO the best basketball player to ever come out of Lawrence County, and now is a graduate assistant coach on the UK coaching staff
Steve Bailey from Pikeville is the best athlete to graduate from Pikeville, hands down! He may be the best pure athlete to come out of the mountains, that I can remember.
Joey Couch was All-State in football and basketball at Paintsville, IMO you have to be a great athlete to do that.
Alright! You asked for the best girls athlete.

That would be Beverly Smallwood from Dorton. No one else is close. Heck, she even chewed jaw backer in both jaws when she played baseball in baberuth.
Elwayfan Wrote:Steve Bailey from Pikeville is the best athlete to graduate from Pikeville, hands down! He may be the best pure athlete to come out of the mountains, that I can remember.

Yep, the mountains of West Virginia, lol.Big Grin
Fenix Wrote:If speaking about an all-around athlete, I would say Tewayne Willis from PCC. He played all three sports at PCC. Played football for UK as a true freshman (in a limited role, but still a big deal), and now goes to LMU and led that division in steals last season.

The best athlete I ever saw only played basketball and was also from PCC. His last name was Bowling, I think his first name was Ben but I'm not sure about that. He was 6'4, with around a 40 inch vertical, and extremely quick. Signed to play college ball somewhere, but I'm not sure what happened to him.

ya ben signed with tulane university. ya good ball player. but i think was kicked out because he never went to class
Elwayfan Wrote:Alright! You asked for the best girls athlete.

That would be Beverly Smallwood from Dorton. No one else is close. Heck, she even chewed jaw backer in both jaws when she played baseball in baberuth.

I believe I would take Jerri Grigsby from Mcdowell. Was the all time leader in scoring in girls basketball until Jamie Waltz broke her record.
Signed with UK, finished her careere at Western I think.
Shane Simpkins played a couple years ago for Paintsville. Was a good Basketball Player, and Baseball player. he signed to play baseball at Liscomb. I thought he was a good athlete