Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis Season
Lawrence County played East Carter tonight, who one the match?

I was told that Nathan Martin beat East Carter's Spencer Johnson 8-1.

Is this correct?

I expected a closer match.

Johnson is one of the 16th regions best players
FOSHIZZLE Wrote:And yes, Hughes from Paintsville is the 2nd best player in the 15th region. I saw a Paintsville match the other day, and he has improved quite a bit.

Does anyone know what grade he is in???
Zach is also a soph.
man prestonburg is really awsoem i swear...
When does Prestonsburg play Lawrence County???
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:man prestonburg is really awsoem i swear...

I'm sure they are......Rolleyes

Wait, let me put that in a way you can understand.

"ohhhh, doooood, pretsonberg is reelllly awsmoe....yeha"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Southernfan I agree. I have seen Spencer Johnson play a few times and he seems to be pretty good. A friend told me Johnson's father was talking about Nathan Martin and how much he has improved over the years and that he was a pretty nice kid. Congratulations to Nathan Martin.

Who else has won?
Not sure who else won but will try to find out.

Lawrence County played at Prestonsburg last night

Martin won 6-0 6-0

Second seed won also

I think Lawrence County won the match, does anyone know for sure??:eek:
:rockon: Brennan Alderman from Pike Central is awesome.
I know Prestonsburg got a few wins but i'm not for sure if they won the whole thing. Pburgs #1 doubles looks pretty good.
Paintsville's #1 Doubles appears to be the best by far in the 15th region. Should be interesting to see the results for the big tournament on Saturday at P-Burg.
I remember that when we used to play Paintsville, their singles were okay, but their doubles were always pretty good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Have you had a chance to watch Paintsville's doubles play this season ComfortEagle?
Nope, haven't been able to see them yet this year, I'm sure they are good though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Paintsville doubles is pretty good

I think they will do well in region play

Prestonsburg doubles is not bad
IMO..I think pburgs #1 doubles can beat pvilles number 1 doubles.
The 15th region pre-region tournament is tomorrow.

What teams are coming and who is playing what?
I know that Paintsville is sending Spradlin and Pelphrey as the number one doubles. I believe they should win easy. I expect Lawrence County do well also.
Old Man Wilderness Wrote:IMO..I think pburgs #1 doubles can beat pvilles number 1 doubles.

Well they didn't last time. I guess Saturday they may get the chance to try again.
Should be some good doubles matches!

But, most of the #1 singles won't be there (for the boys teams). I know Lawrence Co. has 2 guys (including #1 seed Nathen Martin), Paintsville 2 guys (including their #1 seed, Zach Hughes and their #2 tournament singles seed) and Sheldon Clark has one guy (their #1 singles seed) all playing in a tournament in Ashland. So the boys singles will be wide open at the pre-regional Saturday. Also Paintsville's #1 girls seed, Kelsey Hughes will be playing in the Ashland tourney.
Tournament for tomorrow in pburg has been cancelled.
No it wasn't.
They did have the Prestonsburg tournament. Not certain on who won the boys singles, I think the boy was from Morgan Co. The LC boy left the tournament at 3 to go play in another tournament and forfeited. Girls singles went to June Buchanan. Girls doubles was Magoffin Co. and the boys doubles was JBS. Martin and Kincaid beat Paintsville, Pikeville, Morgan and in the finals beat Prestonsburg. Great day of tennis.
I think Pike Central is doing pretty good. (seeing as how they have all new players, almost) But all the teams we have played have played really well. Good Luck to all teams!
Is Brennan Alderman playing? I heard that he wasn't. He is a good player.
I am new to BGR and I just wanted to see whats going on and does anybody know anything about JCHS team. This is their first year and I was wondering if anybody heard anything about them