Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennis Season
Now that tennis season has started some match play, how are all of the teams doing so far? Who's winning, and who's losing?
Yesterday Magoffin girls beat Paintsville..
Yesterday, Paintsville boys swept Magoffin boys.
Sheldon Clark will have a match Tuesday @ Paintsville. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
So far Magoffin girls has beat Paintsville, Lee, & Pikeville but has lost to Morgan Co. I really don't know about the boys lol..
How is the Paintsville team looking?
FOSHIZZLE Wrote:How is the Paintsville team looking?

Paintsville boys look very good and solid. No other team has near the depth. Paintsville girls are better than last year but not a region contender this year as a team. However, the Paintsville Girls #1 seed is a top 2 or 3 region favorite and could win the region this year in singles.
Great job Tigers!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Paintsville boys look very good and solid. No other team has near the depth. Paintsville girls are better than last year but not a region contender this year as a team. However, the Paintsville Girls #1 seed is a top 2 or 3 region favorite and could win the region this year in singles.
And she is what???? Maybe 4'10" 80#s. 7th grader.
She is a small girl, the Hughes girl practices really hard and is a real good player. I saw her play the other day, and she is quite a strong player for as little as she is. I believe she will win the region this year. Good player.
FOSHIZZLE Wrote:She is a small girl, the Hughes girl practices really hard and is a real good player. I saw her play the other day, and she is quite a strong player for as little as she is. I believe she will win the region this year. Good player.
I saw her against SCHS and although she won rather easily, she wasn't feeling well and was not near her top form.
It was very warm, and after her match, while I was talking to her and her parents, she was freezing.
Finally got a copy of Lawrence County's schedule. Looks like they have a full schedule this week.

Three home matches Monday, Tuesday and Thursday against Raceland, Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark.

Then they tavel to Georgetown College on Saturday to play Elizabethtown and Bourbon County.
Who is playing for Lawrence County now?
nathan martin 10th grader
and a bunch of middle schoolers
How did Nathan Martin do tonight??
I haven't heard any scores from that match-up yet, but I betcha he dominated whoever he played. How did everyone else do across the area???
I just talked to a LCHS fan, Martin won 8-0
Thats what I figured. Sounds like he is starting out another great tennis season. Can he keep it up?
I know several people around central and eastern Kentucky, and they say the Martin boy from Lawrence County is the player to watch out for. Does anyone here know anything else about him? Have colleges been looking at him yet? I have never seen him play.
I've heard of that kid. Who is he?
He plays at Lawrence County, won the 15th region singles championship the past 2 years. Me personally, I believe that he has a good chance of having some success at the next level if he keeps up the good work.
Martin won against Johnson Central 8-0 and Sheldon Clark 6-0
Nathan Martin is the real deal! He already has 2 15th region singles titles. The only difficulty he has is when he goes out of state or around central KY. He can certainly dominate this region and has a good prospect at the next level. I think he is only a sophomore, so he has 2 more years to improve!

No doubt that second best in the region is Zach Hughes. He has raised his game substantially since last season.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Nathan Martin is the real deal! He already has 2 15th region singles titles. The only difficulty he has is when he goes out of state or around central KY. He can certainly dominate this region and has a good prospect at the next level. I think he is only a sophomore, so he has 2 more years to improve!

No doubt that second best in the region is Zach Hughes. He has raised his game substantially since last season.

Yes, your right, he is the real deal. I know that he travels alot, all over the south to get experience. There are alot of tough players outside of the 15th region, but for the most part, he is able to play with about anyone. Alot of the good players in central Kentucky Nathan plays on a regular basis in tournaments outside of the high school tennis season. He is definately a player that colleges will want to look at in a few years.
And yes, Hughes from Paintsville is the 2nd best player in the 15th region. I saw a Paintsville match the other day, and he has improved quite a bit.

Does anyone know what grade he is in???
EKY Sportster Wrote:Nathan Martin is the real deal! He already has 2 15th region singles titles. The only difficulty he has is when he goes out of state or around central KY. He can certainly dominate this region and has a good prospect at the next level. I think he is only a sophomore, so he has 2 more years to improve!

I agree that he is the real deal!!!!

I looked at his southern record, he has 42 wins and 20 losses since June of last year. This record is playing against players all over the South (NC, SC, GA, TN, KY , AR, LA , MS, AL)

His kentucky tournament record is 37 wins and 10 losses since June of last year.

Kentucky has some of the best players in the South.

I can't find it anywhere but I think he plays tournaments in West Virginia also (they may not show up on his Southern record), I think he won a few of those.

Martin took a tough 1st round loss at the tournament last year. I think he took that loss and went to work to get better. He has improved!!! We must rember that he is only a sophmore.

I have met the kid, I am impressed with how serious he is about tennis. I have talked to people who know him and his family well, they all say he is a good kid off the court too. It sure shows on and around the court.

Our 15th region kids do a good job, considering that they don't have a tennis facility and 5 instructors on every corner.
Wow, that is some impressive numbers he is putting up.
Weren't some of the 15th region kids playing in central Kentucky this weekend? Does anyone know how they did?

I knew Martin from Lawrence County was good, but when the numbers are put up, they make him look even better!
No matches were played due to the rain in this part of Kentucky.
Prestonsburg is doing awsome.