Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT is a joke
lets be honest HUB these people don't take this job for a labor of love as you say they take it as a stepping stone to bigger opportunities which is fine with me nothing wrong with trying to better yourself but lets not act like its something its not.
and to Glory Days, the score was called in I was there
Boy could I tell a story about WYMT, lol................
plantmanky Wrote:Boy could I tell a story about WYMT, lol................

We love stories!
Let us hear it.
cj2561 Wrote:all the UK fan in the mountains. is going to watch the game. WYMT sport overtime don't need to talk about UK on there show. they could use the time they talk about UK, to talk about other high school sports in the mountains.

and if they want to talk about college sports the last few mins of the show. they need to talk about UofL, EKU, Morehead, ect. all the college in the state. the only people that is UK fans, don't know any better. there mom and dad is UK fans, there mom's and dad's, mom and dad was UK fans.

so do you get what I am saying now. or do I need to brake it down some more for you.

Pump the brakes man I get what you're saying now that you relayed it to me in non-broken english. Everyone here is UK fans because they are successful and there are no close professional sports teams (besides the Benagls and Reds), so everyone latches onto UK.
zaga_fan Wrote:We love stories!
Let us hear it.

More of a Football story, ok to post here?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Pump the brakes man I get what you're saying now that you relayed it to me in non-broken english. Everyone here is UK fans because they are successful and there are no close professional sports teams (besides the Benagls and Reds), so everyone latches onto UK.

so you are saying that everyone in south eastern KY are UK fans. if you are saying that, you must stay up in the head of some hollow. just in Hazard alone, I see some Tennessee stuff other then mine. I also see UofL, Duke, UNC, OSU, Bama, and even UGA and FL stuff. so like I said, most of the UK fans here. is fans of UK because they don't have a mine of there own and they grow up in a house of UK fans. I had my own mine, my dad was a UK fan, my papa is a UK fan. i am a Tennessee football fan, Tennessee women basketball when Pat was coaching them (have not watch much women basketball since Pat retire), i am becoming a Tennessee basketball fan (since they got a coach that know what they talking about) but i am a UNC basketball fan. LSU baseball Fan, UGA gymnastics fan (since there is only 8 SEC team got have gymnastics teams, and all rank in the top 25.), Hockey Minnesota both man and women. Field hockey UofL, Lacrosse Johns Hopkins, women Lacrosse FL (only one of two sec team with a Lacrosse team the other one is Vanderbilt, both are in the Big East in lacrosse.), Swimming and Diving UGA, Wrestling Missouri.... what i am getting at is there is a lot more sports out there other then just Basketball (man and women), Football, and Baseball/Softball.
Standing on my head right now. You are a minority. I could care less about UT. Pull the bandwagon up.
plantmanky Wrote:More of a Football story, ok to post here?

Go ahead
I'm personally in favor of never showing anything UT related
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm personally in favor of never showing anything UT related
Unless it is a loss by the Vols
zaga_fan Wrote:We love stories!
Let us hear it.

Story 1. You have to be drunk to work for WYMT, I guess

So flashback to the weekend when South Oldham and Belfry played in the Middle School Football D2 Championship game.

Semi Finals Saturday, I get a call on the radio that some guy is at the gate wanting a press pass for WYMT. (Well WYMT never requested a press pass, never said they were sending anyone.) Anyways we let him in with a press pass.

During Belfrys game of the semi finals, the trainer we have onsite, notices the guy is stumbling around, looking like hes going to fall down so he goes over to him to check on him.

Trainer comes over to me about 10 minutes later and says, "the WYMT guy is drunk, major drunk."

Now we never had an issue with the guy, he never got out of line or anything just thought it was odd.........Until Championship Sunday when........

In between one of the games he ventured into the tent, opened his bag, and cracked up a can of Bud Light. No lie I was sitting right there when he did it.
cj2561 Wrote:so you are saying that everyone in south eastern KY are UK fans. if you are saying that, you must stay up in the head of some hollow. just in Hazard alone, I see some Tennessee stuff other then mine. I also see UofL, Duke, UNC, OSU, Bama, and even UGA and FL stuff. so like I said, most of the UK fans here. is fans of UK because they don't have a mine of there own and they grow up in a house of UK fans. I had my own mine, my dad was a UK fan, my papa is a UK fan. i am a Tennessee football fan, Tennessee women basketball when Pat was coaching them (have not watch much women basketball since Pat retire), i am becoming a Tennessee basketball fan (since they got a coach that know what they talking about) but i am a UNC basketball fan. LSU baseball Fan, UGA gymnastics fan (since there is only 8 SEC team got have gymnastics teams, and all rank in the top 25.), Hockey Minnesota both man and women. Field hockey UofL, Lacrosse Johns Hopkins, women Lacrosse FL (only one of two sec team with a Lacrosse team the other one is Vanderbilt, both are in the Big East in lacrosse.), Swimming and Diving UGA, Wrestling Missouri.... what i am getting at is there is a lot more sports out there other then just Basketball (man and women), Football, and Baseball/Softball.

Have you seen my username? That should be indicative that I watch more than just UK football and basketball, but, when you've got a 20 minute space to work with, you would think you would show material that is in line with what the largest percentage of your viewership wants to see. That being said, going off even what you've said, it would make the most sense to air UK sports-related segments as the largest portion of the population are fans of or at least familiar with those programs. I'm fine with the coverage WYMT does now, if I want to check on those other programs, that's what ESPN is for.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Have you seen my username? That should be indicative that I watch more than just UK football and basketball, but, when you've got a 20 minute space to work with, you would think you would show material that is in line with what the largest percentage of your viewership wants to see. That being said, going off even what you've said, it would make the most sense to air UK sports-related segments as the largest portion of the population are fans of or at least familiar with those programs. I'm fine with the coverage WYMT does now, if I want to check on those other programs, that's what ESPN is for.

WYMT sport overtime, is for high school in this area. that is way 99% of people watch it. when people do watch the last part, it only to see the Play of the night, the Catch of the night, the drive of the night, and the mountain top 10. show these before they talk about UK. see how many people turn it off.