Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Vs. Beechwood?
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:I'm going to have to go with 48-0... Beechwood ofcourse.

You can't be serious...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:You can't be serious...
I believe that Beechwood will win but give Prestonsburg a little credit will you. They could very well make this an interesting game for 3 quarters or so.
CMON'
Pburg isn't going to just lay down and roll over for Beechwood.
Beechwood wins it in alot tougher game than alot think but playing Beechwood makes the blackcats better and gets them ready to win their district.
WIN OR LOSE, PLAYING BEECHWOOD WILL MAKE PBURG A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM.
Beechwood 30 Pburg 14.
Yes, playing Beechwood does make you a better team down the road. Winning you district should be a cake walk from here on out. Nobody should come close to competing with you guys.
bigpun Wrote:I believe that Beechwood will win but give Prestonsburg a little credit will you. They could very well make this an interesting game for 3 quarters or so.

I was giving P-Burg credit, read the last couple posts again. The post prior to mine said Beechwood would win 48-0, to which I replied, "You can't be serious." Most people would realize I was implying it was ridiculous to predict that the Blackcats would get demolished like that.

Anyway, P-Burg has been too good of a team for too long to get such a lack of respect on this thread. I think this game will be a lot closer than people think. Yes, Beechwood is a traditional power, but so is P-Burg (albeit not to the same degree as Beechwood).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Okay I get what you are saying and being from EKY I am rooting for you but I've seen you guys play and I have seen Beechwood play and I just have to believe that for three quarters I think you might be able to play with them. Be glad I am giving you three quarters. If you come out over confident look for Beechwood to make this game over at the half.
bigpun Wrote:Okay I get what you are saying and being from EKY I am rooting for you but I've seen you guys play and I have seen Beechwood play and I just have to believe that for three quarters I think you might be able to play with them. Be glad I am giving you three quarters. If you come out over confident look for Beechwood to make this game over at the half.

Fair enough. I actually am not from P-Burg, nor do I have any ties to them, I am just an eastern KY guy who likes to see our local teams do well against teams from downstate.

I just think a team as good as them deserves a little more credit on this forum. P-Burg is a perennial power in the mountains and it would take a really powerful team to embarrass them like that. Granted, Beechwood may be the best team in class A, but they're not Trinity.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm not giving P'burg 3 quarters. This one will be over before halftime. Beechwood 42-7.
More Cowbell Wrote:Fair enough. I actually am not from P-Burg, nor do I have any ties to them, I am just an eastern KY guy who likes to see our local teams do well against teams from downstate.

I just think a team as good as them deserves a little more credit on this forum. P-Burg is a perennial power in the mountains and it would take a really powerful team to embarrass them like that. Granted, Beechwood may be the best team in class A, but they're not Trinity.

They don't have to be Trinity to beat Prestonsburg. If you think that Beechwood is the best team in class A then you think they could beat Pikeville. Well Pikeville beat P-burg so your prediction is kind of out the door if you are going by rankings.
Capt. DH Wrote:They don't have to be Trinity to beat Prestonsburg. If you think that Beechwood is the best team in class A then you think they could beat Pikeville. Well Pikeville beat P-burg so your prediction is kind of out the door if you are going by rankings.

What prediction? The one where I said P-Burg would win? Oh wait, I never said that. All I said was that P-Burg would not get demolished (as per the 48-0 prediction made by another poster).

Look, is Beechwood better than Pikeville? Yes. Is Beechwood better than P-Burg? Yes. Would they blow out either team by 48 points? I don't think so. They don't have to be as good as Trinity, but they would need to be that good in order to torch a solid team like P-Burg that bad.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:What prediction? The one where I said P-Burg would win? Oh wait, I never said that. All I said was that P-Burg would not get demolished (as per the 48-0 prediction made by another poster).

Look, is Beechwood better than Pikeville? Yes. Is Beechwood better than P-Burg? Yes. Would they blow out either team by 48 points? I don't think so. They don't have to be as good as Trinity, but they would need to be that good in order to torch a solid team like P-Burg that bad.

good post.
P-Burg will be good, but will not hold a light to Beechwood. My prediction is 35-6. Good luck to the Cats though.
My prediction is Beechwood wins by 3 touchdowns, say 35-14. I think that P-Burg keeps it close for a half, maybe down only a TD, then Beechwood pulls away in the second half to win a hard-fought game, albeit one where the winning team was never really in doubt.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
48-12 Beachwood.
I like the addition of this game for Pburg, but IMO the Blackcats are going to get bushwhacked.

The Blackcats return a nice ammount of talent from last season, but the Blackcats were not even one of the top 10 teams in 2A last season as evident by the domination Belfry applied to them in both games. Beechwood on the other hand was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best 1A team and will return just as much as Pburg.

I can see Pburg being competitive but ultimately falling by 21+ points.